Selling Plot Help

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:25 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Road Construction Writing Workshops

Mission: Help develop a plot, discover plot holes, and facilitate better writing.
Cost: 50 points
Expectations:
  • Post in this thread
  • Answer the survey
  • Use your username for the last question of the survey
  • Answer the messages on YWS
  • Return follow up questions before the workshop
  • Set up workshop time
  • Arrive to online writing workshop on time
  • Be free for at least an hour for the workshop
  • Donate 50 points to my account after the workshop is complete

Welcome to Road Construction Writing Workshops

I am interested in creating a website in the future which will help writers develop plots via my examination and assistance with their plot development. In short, I'm really good at finding plot holes and helping people with plots, so I'm going to try to make money at it. To do that, I need a proving ground. That's you!

This isn't a proving ground for me to use or gather any data, it is just a proving ground for me to critique my process and idea to better create a real beta-version of this process that I can then use to gather authentic feedback from customers for marketing purposes. I won't save or use any records of the meeting. I'm just looking at bettering myself with your help.

For a measly 50 points I will spend an hour (or more) of our agreement with you working on creating a better story!

To get this service, I first have to know something about your world, your characters, and your plot, so I've created a survey that you can answer to begin the process. At the bottom of the survey there is a prompt to give me your username. As a YWSer, I DO NOT want your e-mail. I want your YWS username. Some of the language may indicate to put an email but, just to be clear, I do not need or want it. I want your YWS username.

Give me your YWS username in the last question.

Do Not put Your E-mail in the survey!

Give me your YWS username!

Any emails provided in the survey at this point will not be contacted as it is in the beta version. I have the e-mail prompt in there still in case I give it to people who are not on YWS who I already know via e-mail so I can identify their answers.

There, now that that's out of the way, back to business.

When you have completed the survey and provided me your YWS username, I will send you a message on this website to coordinate a time when we can meet [in writing only] either in a Pirate Pad or WriterFeed Pad to talk about your story. This time will be our workshop. We will base our workshop time on my time so I don't learn any information that you should keep private. Safety is Priority. Do not give out your location ever.

I will also send you some questions to have answered and returned to me before our workshop. These are a better way for me to evaluate and learn about your world.

During the workshop, I hope to have your undivided attention to work on your story, so we will attempt to arrange that. If it is interrupted, we can re-schedule as necessary.

For a link to the survey, please respond with an interest to buy my service.

All payments will be due after the workshop.

I will answer all questions as promptly as I can and check this forum about once a day. If you would like to reach me sooner, please send me a message.

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:48 pm
View Likes
Zoom says...

Hey. This sounds like an interesting concept!

Two things I wanted to know more about:

1) this post says the first hour is free (50 YWS points), what happens when the session elapses an hour? Do we then enter full price mode, or were you just indicating that the session could take longer and you’re okay with that during these trial runs?

2) the purpose of your offer seems to be that you are getting proof of concept for your product, but how will that proof of concept feature on your website to entice other customers? If you want people to see your ability to host workshops like this then does that mean you’re recording sessions as evidence, or are you solely relying on written testimonials?

I ask these questions because both will be deal breakers for probably everyone.

Thanks
he/his

806 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:07 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Thank you so much for your questions!

1) For the trial sessions I will just be charging 50 points total. In real situations with real money involved I will probably do a 20$/hr but I need to actually see the average hours it takes before deciding a price. That's all part of this trial process.

2) I won't be using these trials as advertisement, promotion, record them or anything. Everything in the sessions will be the rights of the purchaser. I won't keep it.

As for testimonials, I will use of-age customers (18+) for that. I have some friends who can get the ball rolling with that.

I will make this clear when I get a moment to edit my post @Zoom

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:50 am
View Likes
Zoom says...

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve gotta say, this sounds really reasonable and something I’d be interested in for sure. This would even be useful for people who struggle to find betas and just want an opinion of their plot.

The story I’m writing now is in the second draft stage, although I’ve made so many developmental changes that it’s basically a first draft at the same time. Also I pants, the only plot points I know are ones that occur to me naturally when writing. What I’m trying to say is that yes I’m interested but I don’t have a strong enough plot to go through just yet, but this kind of service would be a great stepping stone once I’m done with this draft and can summarise a semi-coherent plot for you.

Did you say the website is up yet? Or is there another way I can follow this project?

-Zoom
he/his

806 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:55 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

For now it isn't on a website. I will be making one once I have a better proof of concept. Actually the stage where you are is perfect because sometimes the best way to plot is to get questions. Let me send you the survey link and you can try the questions and see what you think.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Hello!!! Yes I am interested!!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Aley Hi! I don't know if you're still doing this workshop, but I'm definitely interested! Kinda bummed I hadn't seen this topic before, honestly.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

"You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein