Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

SOUNDOFMIND'S COMMISSIONS

CHARACTER COMMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!

Character Portraits

Would you like me to draw one of your characters? It can be one from your story, a stand alone oc, or even a character from a fandom or someone else's story. Here's how this will work:

Commission Types and Pricing
*All commissions will be digital.
Head Shots
    > Sketch - 100 points
    > Lineart + Flat Color - 150 points
    > Lineart + Color + Shading - 175 points

Half-Body
    > Sketch - 150 points
    > Lineart + Flat Color - 200 points
    > Lineart + Color + Shading - 250 points

Full-Body
    > Sketch - 250 points
    > Lineart + Flat Color - 350 points
    > Lineart + Color + Shading - 450 points

For armored outfits and highly detailed designs, the price will increase by 50 points.

If there's more than one character, it'll be +50 per character for sketches, and +100 for anything with lineart, color, and/or shading.

What I Will Draw
> People: kids - elders
> Humanoids/Any variation of the human race - elves, fairies, dwarves, etc

What I Won't Draw
> Anything against site guidelines
> Gore
> Animals
> Backgrounds

How to Commission Me
Fill out the enspoilered form, but delete all text in parentheses. Comment it in this thread.
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Commission Type/Price:[/b] [i](Example: "Half-body sketch for 150 points)[/i]
[b]References:[/b] (Link me or imbed two references to pictures of the character you want drawn. It doesn't matter if you drew it, or if it's a photo from the internet. I need to know what they look like. If you don't have a picture reference, then please provide a thorough, detailed description. The drawing will only be as accurate as the description and my current ability to draw it.)
[b]Personality:[b] (Describe their personality. What position, pose, and expression do you want? What quirks are relevant to their portrait?)

Want to know what my art looks like? Look through this thread, or you can look through this art thread, or refer to my former commission thread here.

Prices are non-negotiable (unless you want to tip more, then I won't object, lol). Art may only be used for non-commercial purposes. By requesting a commission you are agreeing to this.

You must pay upfront. Commissions will not be started until point payment has been received.

If you have any further questions, please ask!

Commissions will be completed and prioritized based on order received. Expect at most up to 2-3 week's wait for completion once begun, depending on the complexity of the piece. There are currently ONLY 2 slots available.

Commission Slots
1. @magebird
2. @Elinor

--<>--

Song Covers

SONG COVER COMMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!

Spoiler! :
Want to hear me sing a song you like? Well... I may or may not be able to sing it for you! Depending on the difficulty level of the song, I may deny your request, but for most cases, I will try my best. I will choose myself whether to play it on ukulele, guitar, or piano (depending on what's easiest for me mostly). Consider stylistically what you want to hear me sing by listening to some of the song samples below.

Keep in mind, I have limited resources, so the quality of my recordings (on top of my rookie experience w/music/musicality) will be questionable at best. So there are no guarantees you're getting grade A quality or anything.

Commission Types:
Covers
>200 points
Ex: Crush - Pedulum Cover
Ex: I Had a Dream - Priscilla Ahn Cover
Originals
>Have song lyrics you've written that you want me to interpret into my own style as I sing and play them? That's what this option is for. It will be 1000 points. Please also include in your request any particulars/preferences for the song that you really want to hear in it.
Ex: Somebody Help Me
Ex: Parents
Ex: Raining Inside

How to Commission Me
Fill out the enspoilered form, but delete all text in parentheses. Comment it in this thread.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Request Type/Price:[/b] [i]Ex: Song Cover, 200 points[/i]
[b]Song Request:[/b] (include link to song - if original, include link to lyrics)

Prices are non-negotiable (unless you want to tip more, then I won't object, lol). Song may only be used for non-commercial purposes - so only for your listening pleasure. By requesting a commission you are agreeing to this.

You must pay upfront. Commissions will not be started until point payment has been received.

Commissions will be completed and prioritized based on the order they're received. Expect at most up to 2-3 week's wait for completion once begun, depending on the complexity of the piece. There are currently three slots available for song covers.

Commission Slots
Covers
1. NONE

Originals
1. NONE
--<>--

ALL COMPLETED COMMISSIONS WILL BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

*I reserve the right to deny any request and/or ask for a different one.
Last edited by soundofmind on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:09 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

AW YEAH I'm super happy about this.

(Also: I'll probably be back for more, so...you can get a lot of points from me, depending on how long you'd like to keep doing this. Obviously if you get tired of drawing for other people at some point, that's fine.)

This is for three characters together. Details are enspoilered. Let me know if you're up for that much all at once to begin with, and then I'll do my 20% deposit! If it's too much, let me know that instead and I'll adjust my request and then put down the 20%.

Spoiler! :
Username: BlueAfrica
Character Name: Edna, Benjamin, and Clem.
Character Age: 83, 32, and 16 (respectively).
Commission Type/Price: Full-body portraits, colored and shaded. 650 points if I've understood the pricing correctly, but if you're up for doing these three together I'll just give you 1000 because I know it's a lot of work.
References:

Edna looks like a generic old grandma: old-lady perm, thick glasses, house dress, tubby, wrinkly. She's white and has blue eyes and white hair. She walks with a cane and keeps her handbag on her person at all times, plus she's knitting if there's nothing else to do with her hands.

Benjamin is tall and gangly in my head, a bit freckly, gingery-blond hair, green eyes, although some readers (since my descriptions are lacking in this story) have pictured him as kind of average height and black, which I would not be opposed to seeing. Either way you'd want to draw him is fine and dandy by me. Anyway, he's probably just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

(I was going to find an image for this one, but every picture that's coming up on google is too hunky, so...never mind.)

Clem is average height, maybe even the short end of average height, athletic, loves girly things but spends most of the story wearing jeans because they're more convenient for Quests. Her makeup is always done fully and beautifully, although you can still see that she's got some acne. Fabulous hair, which is the most noticeable thing: very long, dark, and wavy or curly. She's Latina and has hazel eyes.

(Is it cheating that I used a picture someone had already drawn of her for me?)

[b]Personality:[b] Edna's feisty, friendly, and upfront. Cheerful at all times (okay, mostly). She's either knitting or waving at the camera. Benjamin cares about her but is always shaking his head and sighing at her shenanigans. He's kind of the straight man, comedically speaking, and definitely a worrier, but also he's really interested in magic and can get very excited about it. Depending on what Edna's doing, he might look exasperated. Or he might just look happy. Clem spends a lot of the story being kind of sulky. She's impatient and has an attitude. She's probably half-hidden by hair and sulking off to the side a bit.

(Sorry, I know that wasn't very specific.)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@BlueAfrica

I will probably keep doing this, but I'll have to see what my schedule looks like once school ends (which for me is soon)! But I'm very happy to have you as my first happy customer!!

3 characters is not too much, and I will not object if you want to pay 1000, but I will stay true to my word and only require 650 points! If you want to "tip" extra that's up to you!

Thank you so much!! : D I'm excited to draw these guys!!

(Also it's totally not cheating to use another drawing someone made for you! I just need a picture haha.)

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 pm
View Likes
inktopus says...

I'm so pumped for this!

Spoiler! :
Username: Stormcloud
Character Name: Asha Balewa
Character Age: 19
Commission Type/Price: Full body with color, lineart, and shading for 450
References: Asha's short and rather stocky (5'2"?) she's black and her face is round with full cheeks. Her hair is usually under a colorful silk scarf or covered by the hood of a black cloak. Underneath the cloak, she wears long, practical dresses in neutral colors. She has large, brown eyes, and a wide nose. (sorry i don't have a photo or drawing, but if you need more to go off of, you can ask me and I'll try to help as much as possible)

[b]Personality:[b] Asha is hardworking and incredibly intelligent, but she doesn't really have a sense of humor. She tends to not read into things at all, and takes most people at face value. She's stubborn as all get out, and she won't quit until she's finished what she started. A deadpan expression or serious expression would probably fit her the best.

I'll give my initial 20% after I see that you've confirmed my request.
Last edited by inktopus on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
insert profound quote here

Formerly Stormcloud

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:50 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

OMG I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU TO DRAW JUNO BLACKWOOD AND MARGO BROWN FOR ME FROM MY NOVEL PLEASE OMG

Spoiler! :

SORRY THIS IS SORTA LIKE AN INFO DUMP I'M SO SORRY BUT I'M SO EXCITED

Username: marms
Character Name(s): Juno Blackwood and Margo Brown
Character Age: 16
Commission Type/Price: Lineart + Color + Shading - 250 points for both so a total of 500 points
References:
Juno Blackwood. She had flawless skin the color of fresh honey, orange tinted cheeks, small plump lips, and black ink hair cut in a bob. Her eyes were chatoyant like a cat's, the color of a grizzly bear’s fur. She wore the school uniform with black tights and she radiated an aura one could not describe with words, only could recoil from.

Margo let out a deep breath and began getting ready at her own tempo. She stood in front of the mirror and ran a brush through her hair. Its caramel locks came out with a slight curl at the end. Margo frowned wishing her hair would just decide whether it was straight or wavy. She pulled on the school uniform and fixed her black tie before looking in the mirror. Margo stared at the girl who reflected in front of her. She was tall and willowy. Caramel hair flowed down to her waist. She wore a plaid green headband to keep her hair from falling over her ears and hiding the small pearls that sparkled on her earlobes. The school uniform was average. White shirt, pleated plaid green and black skirt, black tie, and stiff black jacket with the school crest. Margo pinched her freckle dotted cheeks. Red bloomed on her pale skin, adding color to her complexion.

More information (I found even more! lol):
Margo:
She’s sweet looking girl, by that I mean she looks like she’s made out of candy. Her hair is like caramel: thick, voluminous, and big. Freckles spontaneously dot her face and darken along her nose. Her eyes are a warm shade of melted chocolate. A small smile never seems to leave her lips. She wears simple, pretty clothes. Light pinks, nudes, whites, and creams. She’s the type of person to smile at you when you stare at her.
Margo is the main character and came to Ebbswick just before sophomore year started (she spent the full year there unlike Juno). She's shy and nervous. She had a very odd childhood. She comes from a wealthy family (family worked for their money unlike Juno whose family has old money) but she's never been like her other wealthy friends (she's not spoiled, bitchy, and perfers to remain in her fantasies). She spent most of her childhood alone since all the other girls were mean to her. This caused her to daydream a lot and her imagination became very vivid. She's super bubbly, adventurous, and sweet. She most definitely believes in magic. She's really warm-hearted but does have a protective temper (not quite as feiry as Juno's though). She rules with heart and mind and is quite mature but also quite childish.
Juno:
She is the opposite of Margo in most ways but they do compliment each other greatly. She has what most people politely call a “strong personality”. She's very rebellious and fun and just doesn't give a single f**k and she's very mysterious. She's very different and absolutely cannot blend into the crowd. She has honey colored skin, orange tinted cheeks, small lips, and black ink hair cut in a bob. Her eyes are a brown. Black is more than a color to her, it’s a lifestyle. She lives and breathes it. Black skinny jeans matched with a black sweater and black boots is what she normally wears when not in school uniform of course. Sometimes she rocks red lipstick but most of the time she remains in the dark undertones of life. Juno is very loyal, honest, but also keeps secrets. Since Margo is so forgiving (Juno holds grudges) she usually bottles things up until later (example their fight she brings up shit Juno did a long time ago even though it's irrelevant). Juno is also a bit of a hypocrite because she hates liars but lies all the time. She's also a witch (but she wasn't responsible for the accident)!

Personality: Juno is very different from everyone. I mean she's a witch and she don't really care to hide it. She comes from a family of witches. She keeps to herself. She's not afraid of confronting someone though and she's very sensible. She has a tendency to lose her temper but that's only when she thinks it's completely necessary. She rarely does anything but protection spells and would rather stay quiet and let things pass over. That doesn't mean she's timid though. She's a very strong person. She's very adventurous too. Here is Blue else explaining my novel
BlueAfrica wrote:#anovelidea

The Spectacular Story: There's So Much More to Juno Moon
The Wonderful Writer(s) Behind It: @marms
Brief Description: The rumors say that Juno Moon, the new girl at Ebbswick Academy, is a witch. The rumors say she did something bad at her old school. The rumors say she's dangerous and not to be trusted. And yet, when they meet, Margo finds herself irresistibly drawn to Juno. Soon she might be a dangerous witch herself.
Why I Love It: Juno's a captivating character who doesn't give a fig what anyone thinks of her. Margo has good intentions but might be going down a dark path - I can't be sure, and that's enough to keep me reading as I wonder whether Margo will spiral into darkness or help Juno defeat some other evil.

Some chapters rated 18+ for language, but it's fairly appropriate for most readers. The language content is minimal, and other chapters are rated safe for all readers.

Please check out this novel idea!

Link to original comment
Margo on the other hand has low self-esteem. She admires Juno and wishes she was like her. Margo tends to spend most of her time daydreaming and reading about people who have done better things that she has.
Margo looks like Cosette from Les Miserables
So Juno is sort of gothic. Her colors are black and tangerine orange/pumpkin orange. Margo on the other hand is light so I imagine her as a cream and a light pink.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Can I reserve a spot and type it up after school?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Like Falx, can I reserve a spot and type it up later?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

HoI!

Spoiler! :
Username: @DemonGoddess

Character Name: Crystal Josephine Riley

Character Age: 17

Commission Type/Price: Full-body: Lineart, color, shading - 450 points.

References: Face sketch that I did and I suck at drawing but okay;

Body: Dresses in green flannel shirt and jeans. Fairly attractive body (not super attractive but average for a teenager). Clawed fingernails. Sneakers can be any color.

Personality: I would like her to have a mischievous/sly expression. She is psychopathic, so a knife is optional if it's not against YWS rules spoiler: at the end she kills someone. She's super sassy and sarcastic so... sassy position, I guess?
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Stormcloud @Marms @demongoddess yay! thank you for your orders!

@Falconrygirl9086 @saentiel yes! that is ok - just know your orders will be put at the end of the list (I am assuming you want a character commission? so I am putting your names down for that)

--<>--

SLOTS FOR CHARACTER COMMISSIONS ARE NOW FULL
I WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING REQUESTS FOR THEM UNTIL THESE SIX ARE COMPLETED

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Username: snowmonkey9
Request Type/Price: Song Cover, 200 points
Song Request: We dont believe whats on tv-by Twenty One Pilots
https://youtu.be/xszk6Fy2NEI
I know this song uses a ukelele but I don't care if you play it on another instrument, whatever is easiest for you is fine with me.
Just killing time until time kills me.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:05 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :

Username: FalconerGal9086
Character Name: Tasha Hunter
Character Age: 25
Commission Type/Price: Full body, colored & shaded for 450 points
References: Mid-length, very curly, copper-orange hair (think like just long enough to put back, plus a few inches so it stays in), a pale skin-tone but a bit more tanned than I colored (lack of pencils lol), as she's been working in the equivalent of the African savannah for the better part of her life. She has a scar running from her left temple, straight down for about an inch, then diagonal to the edge of her mouth where it just barely hits her upper lip. She's missing her right eye (messed up in one of the references, XD). The other is a pale, ice blue. Her eyepatch is brown leather. Her attire consists of one of those long-sleeved white medieval shirts and a tie-on-sleeve gray jacket, on the left side (over her heart) of which is an insignia of a sun (orange center, yellow rays, see reference) with the silhouette of a german shepherd's head on it, a slash-mark like the claws of a large cat and a draconic talon above it's muzzle. It has a collar, and buttons up over the front with the right side over the left. A broadsword is at her left hip, silver-washed, with a black leather-bound hilt. On her other hip is an ivory hunting horn with silver on either side, engraved with designs (celtic-style) depicting a dog and some knotwork. Her pants are the same gray color as her vest and her boots are black and knee-high.

Her hair is back in a ponytail, quite possibly a few stray bangs falling out. No jewelry or anything, with the exception of a ring on the ring finger of her right hand in the shape of, once more, a dog, curled around her finger with a small, colorless gem in its mouth.

Her build is a bit on the lithe end (but not very so), though she is very strong.
Personality: Fierce, loyal, determined, persistent, stubborn, resolved.
Not necessarily grim, but definitely has a goal and will die to achieve it. Her sword may be out or in its sheath, whatever works better for the position you're putting her in (heck, maybe even a kind of fencing salute). I'm not good with expressing emotion through poses/facial expressions, so you'll know better than I, I give you artistic license here XD

And the sun:

Spoiler! :

If you have any questions, definitely throw me a PM/DM :D Also, will you tag me when the next slot is open?
Last edited by Featherstone on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry for taking so long to do this. I was planning on doing it days ago, but it completely slipped my mind until now. Oh! Before I forget - I know you said to pay 20% up front and the other 80% later, but is it alright if I just give you the full commission now instead?

Spoiler! :
Username: saentiel
Character Name: Asteri
Character Age: 16
Commission Type/Price: I'd like a colored and shaded lineart for 450 points.
References: He's normal height and lanky. He has light skin. His hair, which would be an inch or two past his shoulders if it was down, is in a ponytail. He does have bangs, but they're messy so there's never a specific way that they look. His hair is the color of flames and looks like it's on fire. His eyes are a dark red. He has a pair of black horns that come out of his forehead, and he has a classic black devil tail as well (long with a triangle at the end). If you chose to draw him with his mouth open, he has a pair of fangs.

He's wearing a zipped-up bluish-gray hoodie and old faded jeans. He has a blue and silver winter scarf wrapped around his neck. He's wearing a pair of tall black boots that lack heels. He also has a pair of black fingerless gloves on.

(If you need more here, please let me know!)
Personality: He's the type of person who isn't afraid to speak their mind, and he usually isn't a solemn guy. I think he might be doing a rude gesture (like sticking his tongue out because he does that surprisingly often). He could also be doing some sort of pose that takes up space? He's not a meek or shy character, and I don't think he would try to make himself smaller than he is. Alternatively, he might have his hands in his hoodie's pockets with a smirk on his face.

This isn't his personality, but he might have ice at his fingertips! He can use ice magic, but its form varies. As long as it looks like ice, it would be good!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@saentiel if you want to pay in full that's fine!

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:22 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Psst you'll have to remind me how much more I owe you when I get mine, because I don't remember how much I paid in the first place. (I think it was...20% of what you requested? So then I'd owe you the other 80% plus the rest it takes to reach 1000 because 1000 is what I'm going with.)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@BlueAfrica Here is your completed commission! c: I hope you like it!

blueafrica grandma commission.jpg

Highres version.

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver