soundofmind says...

@falconergal9086 !!!! aaa I'm so glad you like it!! : D
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 pm
BluesClues says...

*is wondering if you're down to few enough requests left that I can make another one*

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:23 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@saentiel here you go! here come dat boi

saentiel commission small.jpg

highres

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:25 am
soundofmind says...

@blueafrica I do want to open up commissions again (now that I've finished all of them) but it might be in a few days! I'll post in here when they're open again!

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:27 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

AW YEAH. I'll have to get a post all ready for it...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thank you so much, sound! He looks perfect!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Just saying that I'm now subscribed to this thread so I can know when I can request more Rebecca Sugar songs.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Elinor Here's your cover of Crystal Ship! Again, all disclaimers included, but hopefully you enjoy it well enough!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 am
soundofmind says...

COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN AGAIN

*IMPORTANT: There are currently only three slots for Character Portrait Commissions, and three for song cover commissions. Once these are full, anyone else interested will be placed on a waiting list for the next batch.

ALSO: Please be patient with my timeliness in completing your commissions. Because of current life events I may be slow or very quick to finish them because I have to be open/flexible to change at the moment. But know that they always will get done, even if it's a month or two later (thought I hope it doesn't come to that this time *sweats*).

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:21 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

I'd like to reserve a spot for a character portrait commission.

Username: bluewaterlily
Character Name: Dr. Penelope Van Holden-Valente (goes by Penny)
Character Age: 26
Commission Type/Price: "I'd like a half-body full color + shading + linear commission for 450 points.
References:
Personality:[b] (Describe their personality, and what position/pose would be most fitting for them. What expression do you want them to have? What quirks are relevant to their portrait What else do I need to know to make it look like them?)

Penny is a twenty-six year old doctor that has been married for a few years. She is expecting twin girls and while at first a little scared of the unexpected turn in her life, she is is excited to be a mom and already extremely protective of her babies. She is determined and goal oriented. She is also very empathetic and sensitive and somewhat of an idealist and romantic, especially when it comes to love. She is a little on the shy side when getting to know someone and is not afraid to be vulnerable. This is her strength and Achille's heal. She refuses to give up on people even if they seem like lost causes. She has become more confident ever since finishing medical school and has come to accept the authority of her occupation. She is very nurturing and maternal especially with her family. Family is important to her and her favorite part of the day is coming home to her husband, Nico, who she doesn't see very much because of her demanding work life. Though balancing her demanding and unpredictable schedule as a surgeon with her family life is hard, Penny is up for the challenge and because she is away from home so much, it makes her cherish her time with her husband even more. Whenever she is overwhelmed she seeks reassurance from her husband and no matter what she is going through, she always finds that same feeling of safety in his arms that only he can provide.

For the pose, she can be sitting standing or lying down, whatever is easiest. For her expression, I want her to have a peaceful look on her face as she stares adoringly up at her husband in a touching moment of pure happiness after they've just found out they're having twin girls. Not sure about relevant quirks but she has a tendency to place Nico's hands on her stomach and then position her hands on top of his.

b]Character Name:
Nico Valente
Character Age: 26
Commission Type/Price: "I'd like a half-body full color + shading + linear commission for 450 points.
References:

[b]Personality:[b] (Describe their personality, and what position/pose would be most fitting for them. What expression do you want them to have? What quirks are relevant to their portrait What else do I need to know to make it look like them?)

Nico has softened significantly over the years, mostly due to Penny. To those who don't know him, especially in his younger years, he would come across as cold and hardened and jaded. He has very pensive and penetrating green eyes and it's obvious when someone looks into them that he's had a hard life. However, ever since meeting Penny he is much warmer. He's always been fiercely loyal and protective when it comes to family, especially his wife and unborn children. Nico is very patient and supportive of Penny's career and helps her to destress or anchor her when work gets overwhelming. At his worst, he's impulsive and hot-headed, even slightly vengeful of anyone that tries to harm his family. He has a soft and tender side that he only shows around Penny. He's an active person and is a personal trainer and owner of a private gym and loves to play soccer. He releases stress through boxing. He also has a joking side and loves to gently tease his friends and family.

For the pose, he should be slightly behind Penny with his arms wrapped around her, and his hands resting on her belly. He should have a look of complete contentment and awe on his face as he's staring down at her stomach, slightly overwhelmed in the best way. Nico is still shocked by the fact that they're having twins and that he's going to be a father. Initially he is unsure of how he will be as a father and even whether or not he deserves this life event. but as the babies grow and start to kick, he becomes more comfortable and eager with the change in his life. Not sure about quirks relevant to the portrait but he does have a tendency to cup Penny's cheek whenever she needs reassurance and he automatically puts his arms around her whenever she's needing comfort. Ever since Penny started showing, Nico has the habit of stroking her baby bump with his thumb.
Last edited by bluewaterlily on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:24 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@bluewaterlily sweet! Since you replied so quickly, you'll be first on my list (you're not on the waiting list!). So if you could edit your post and put a filled out commission request form in it as soon as you're able, that would be fantastic!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:31 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Song Request

Song: Everything Stays
Artist: Rebecca Sugar
Chords And Lyrics: Here
Payment: 1000 points and 10 roleplay posts.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Reserving a spot for characters right now, and I'm working on my request as we speak.

EDITED AND UPDATED.

This is for two characters together, even though they don't really go together, but whatever. Details are enspoilered.

Spoiler! :
Username: BlueAfrica
Character Name: Amir and Kiernan.
Character Age: 79 and 34 (respectively).
Commission Type/Price: Full-body portraits, colored and shaded. I'll probably just give you 1000 points again, because I can and because I know these will be lovely.
References:

Amir is an old Palestinian man who emigrated to America around 50 years ago. (I haven't thought it out that much, but he's been here a good long time.) He's on the shorter side of average, with olive skin, warm brown eyes, and a somewhat large nose and a somewhat gnarly figure. He has a grey beard (not terribly long but not very short either) and wavy grey hair that's shoulder-length. He wears wire-rimmed glasses that practically disappear into his eyebrows because of the color. (Originally I said he had white hair, but I think I've been picturing him with grey hair so let's go with that.) He generally stands quite erect. He tends to dress in a more traditionally Palestinian way, with a white robe or tunic and loose pants underneath. I usually picture him with a small flat cap, almost like a yamaka except he's not Jewish, but I don't actually know if he would really wear such a thing.

Kiernan is an elf originally from the area of Bahir Dar in Ethiopia, who went to school in Ireland and then came to America. Pointy ears, because he's an elf. Otherwise, he's tall and pretty buff. He's got, um, Google tells me it's "fitzpatrick skin type vi" what is this pit I have stumbled into? I don't know, but his skin is very, very dark. He's got black hair that he wears in dreads, usually pulled back, and dark brown eyes. He's sort of got a biker thing going on, only his jacket and boots are dragonhide instead of leather. But, you know. Lots of black and leathery looking stuff. Oh! And he's got a triangular tattoo on his left wrist, which signifies his tribe. His bow and quiver are usually nearby.

Personality: Amir is gentle, kindly, and friendly, but also no-nonsense. He's the best carpet-enchanter in North America but would probably scoff at you if you said it. Like, he just loves his work. He doesn't think it's a big deal, really.

Kiernan has a lot of luck (the elves' main form of magic), but he's practical about it and doesn't push it. He's the main baddie's righthand man, but more like his best friend who tries to keep him in check and from destroying his own evil schemes by making Traditional Bad Guy Mistakes (like telling the protagonist all about his evil plot or obsessing over being the one to kill the hero). Kiernan can be charming, but he's also an adept liar (or at least more so than the other characters), so...the main characters should probably watch out.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 am
View Likes
Saruka says...

Your art is so good, I love it! Once you finish the rest of your commissions, can you do my OC, Lani? Don't rush!!
Spoiler! :
Username: @Saruka
Character Name: Lani
Character Age: 14
Commission Type/Price: Half-body, lineart, coloring, and shading for 250 points (I don't really post works anymore, I've had pretty bad writers' block for a while, so when it finishes, I'll probably end up giving you more)
References: https://ibb.co/ihZdtb https://ibb.co/cXS9zG I'm going to describe her because these might not be the best/most accurate. Lani has dirty blonde, shoulder length hair, blue eyes, and glasses. You can draw her with a red short-sleeved shirt.
[b]Personality:[b] Lani's an introverted person, but is super extroverted around her friends. An idea: You could draw her standing up looking to the side, holding her arm (like this ibb.co/hkiGeG)
I guess that's it! I was pretty vague, I know, but I hope you can work with it!
a lesbian disaster

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour