Selling: Poetry Tutoring - Pricing Inside [75 points avg]

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24 pm
Aley says...

Poetry Tutoring Shop

Hey guys!

I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to try using this system with something related more to the service industry than the production of art or writing.

Lessons will depend on the person's request, and the time available. A half hour lesson will be 50 points, and an hour lesson will likewise by 100 points as a base. There are a variety of lesson types which will each be different values however. I will list the point and types then go over what they mean.

Pricing

Jams
15 min Session - 25 points
30 min Session - 50 points
1 hr Session - 100 points

Challenges
Single Lesson - 25 points
Personalized Lesson - 50 points
Series of Five Lessons - 100 points
Series of Five Personalized Lessons - 125 points

One on One Lessons
Standard Package, pay by lesson according to Jam time prices.
Personalized Lesson Plan - Jam time price +25 for personalization.

Analysis of Style
One Poem Review - 200 Points [according to Pricing Guide]
Three Poem Comparison - 450 Points

Exploratory Study
Self Guided 30 min - 25 points
Self Guided 1 hr - 50 points
Teacher Guided 30 min - 75 points
Teacher Guided 1 hr - 125 points

All of these are negotiable depending on how familiar I am with your work and needs already, and how much you know about what you would like to improve. The less work I have to do, the cheaper these will be.

♦♦♦

I'll go over what I mean by all of these names.

Jams

A Jam is a one on one session using either Word Wars or Writer Feed Pads in which an idea is explored based on my choice. These are not guided by the buyer, but usually result in writing several poems very quickly based on prompts I provide.

Challenges

Challenges are PMs sent to the buyer with a deadline to get the challenge results back to me. After the challenge has been completed, I'll tell the buyer what I think they did well and poorly with the challenge. This will include a small review of how the challenge worked towards or against the buyer's style. When negotiating for these challenge lessons, we will discuss pacing.

If you, the buyer, want a particular type of challenge, let me know. Depending on how specific you get, and how quickly I come up with a challenge, we'll determine what the price should be. Requesting a specific type of challenge will usually reduce cost.

A "Series of Five" lesson package, whether it is personalized or not, will be five challenges sent back to back as the buyer finishes the previous challenge. With the review of Challenge One's result, Challenge Two will be sent, and so forth. Again, to avoid taking years, these will proceed at an agreed upon pace.

Standard:
Challenges which are not personalized are typical challenges I give new or experienced writers to explore different aspects of poetry such as voice, clarity, grammar, originality, relatability, and so forth.
These include the Single Lesson, and Series of Five Lessons packages.

Personalized:
Personalized Lessons are those which take me longer to put together because they're personalized for the individual buyers. The buyer will be getting a challenge that I believe will help them grow based on their latest poetry I can find on YWS. If the person has no poetry, it will be more of a generalized idea of what I think the person could benefit from based on what I know about them. These are likely to be a selection from the standard lessons, but worded and aimed to help develop a specific aspect of the buyer's abilities. I will also tell them why I think they would benefit from finishing the challenge.

One on One Lessons

These are individualized lessons where the buyer can choose what type of thing they want to learn about. They will be done in Writer Feed Pads unless the buyer doesn't have access to them, in which case they will be done in PMs. They will include information about the subject, challenges to prove grasp of the subject, and discussion. The longer the subject, the more pricey these can be. These are repeatable and can continue as many meetings as needed to completely grasp the subject. Payment can either be after each session during the course, or after the completion of the information.

If you're interested in this, ask for the list of things I can teach you about, or ask me if I can teach you about something specific and I'll tell you yes or no.

Analysis of Style

These will be a poetry analysis based upon either a poem picked by the buyer or myself. They will be PMed to the buyer once completed. If it is selected by me, it will be the most recently posted poem.

One poem will have the structure, content, and how it creates the effect analyzed.
Three poems will be a comparison of how the poet has developed or changed, and the similarities of poetic aspects and tools.

These are basically reviews, but done in a different style, thus they're being priced as reviews.

Exploratory Study

This last category is really the best in my opinion. Basically it will be a Jam that's based off of a subject. If you want to do a self-guided jam about something, I'll host it and help you get out whatever it is you want to say, and write with you. Either that, or I can pick a subject for us to write about. We'll be writing together, but this isn't a grab bag like the "Jams" are. Those are just whatever I feel like at the moment. These will be to explore some specific thing about poetry like challenges that are done together.

♦♦♦

Making Requests

To buy any of these things I'll need to know a few pieces of information.
A) What you want to buy.
B) What your time constraints are.

Once I know what you want to buy, we'll talk about pricing for that individual thing based on your abilities, my knowledge of you, and what you've been up to so far. There could also be some extra requirements like needing to have time to read, or a poem already written, or a few poems already written.

I am in EST, and my free time is pretty ample at the moment starting around one o'clock. As that is taken up with different activities and things, my time will go away and these will be harder to schedule but not impossible.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:04 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Hi! I'd like a personalized lesson!
I got one from Nikayla and now I want one from you :)

I need at least a week (with some leniency because I have a big family reunion this weekend, though I really should be able to write it in a week still) to write it.

Thanks!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 am
Aley says...

Hello, which one? You sound like you want the challenge, is that right?

Do you have any particulars you wanna work on or poems you want as baselines?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:55 am
Rook says...

yeah the challenge!

and nothing in particular. whatever you think is best!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight