z

Young Writers Society

DT - Event 9: Picture Prompt

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:00 am
megsug says...

Feel free to put all of your questions and jibberjabber here! Any entries posted in this thread won't be counted. All entries are posted in the official event thread.
Test

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:13 am
TheGatherer says...

Hello! Can we write a mix of prose with poetry, like a short story but with poems mixed alltogether?
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:14 am
View Likes
megsug says...

Yes! As long as it is under 5000 words.
Test

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:06 am
View Likes
Lyeba says...

GUYS! I haven't written anything in a year or two. T.T
So when I heard about the writing Olympics, I was like, "Yes! An excuse to force myself back into writing."
But I've semi forgotten how to write so I kept procrastinating on all the previous events and finallllly sat down and wrote for this one.
And managed to get it in on time! :D I'm just glad I wrote something again, no matter what quality it is right now. XD
-Lyeba

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:20 am
TheGatherer says...

@Lyeba I'm so proud I wrote this on time too. It's been like this ever since the Olympics started:

"Yas! A new event! I'll think about it tomorrow"
(twenty-two hours later)
"Oh! It's almost over and I haven't written anything yet!!!"
(two minutes before due time)
"Asdfghj! Stupid formatting!!! Why haven't I prepared this earlier?"

But I've managed to deliver everything on time, hopefully (:

I really can't wait to look at all the awesome works submitted this week. A roundup of the best works would be a great idea for later on...
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown

Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.
— "Hamlet," William Shakespeare