Results - Event 4: Sentimental Stories

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

SENTIMENTAL STORIES RESULTS

From poetry to prose, YWS Olympians have faced both the physical (shape poems) and economical (six word stories) trial our Rio counterparts are likely experiencing. However, what about the mental? YWS' Writing Olympics brought in the fourth event, demanding participants to get up close and personal with their writing skills and willingly embark on an emotional roller coaster. Taking inspiration from a supplied list and delving into the burrows of their minds, our thirty-one competitors used emotive language in an attempt to encapsulate the fundamental essence of human feeling.

Judging was no easy feat, leaving me an emotional mess. I laughed. I cried. I feared for my life. In the end, however, three victors came forward.

Gold
@Wolfical
with longing

Silver
@Ellstar
with expectant
Bronze
@Strange
with insecurity

Thank you to everyone who entered! Reading all of the stories, I was overwhelmed and impressed with the amount of vigour and passion that was poured into each. Congratulations to all!

@Dracula@EternalRain • @fortis • @Dinosaur • @FadingBrighter@felistia • @Oswin1800 • @Jyva • @Kaos • @DragonWriter22 • @CandyWizard • @Mea • @Artemis28 • @Lightsong@Rydia@PenguinAttack@NympheaLily@WannabeWriter112@km1717@ty7lucky@alliyah • @Wunderbar • @surrealbroken@TheSilverFox@Masquerade@artybirdy@Holysocks@TheGatherer

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:18 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

O.o Wow! Thank you so much! <3

Did you notice that CandyWizard's story had a double meaning about both water and a person? I only noticed the person side, until he humbly noted that the same words can be applied to water. It's so coool!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Congrats guys! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:40 am
View Likes
Persistence says...

Congratulations, everyone!! Great and entertaining stories ^^
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:45 am
View Likes
Willard says...

Huh.

Congrats everybody!

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:14 pm
View Likes
Masquerade says...

Good job everyone!
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100