z

Young Writers Society

DT - Event 5: Cruel Character Profiles

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 am
BrumalHunter says...

Welcome to the lair where all criminals masterminds gather. Please, no kicking, biting, scratching, punching, stabbing, shooting, strangling, hacking, drowning, electrocuting, nuking... Err, you know what? Just don't kill, harm, or disadvantage each other in any way. If you have questions, feel free to ask the Big Bad. (That's me.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:25 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

*casually bites the Big Bad (Wolf)'s tail*

I'm so pumped for this!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

Question! What do I do if my character is non-human and requires context in order for the profile to make more sense? Do I just add that?
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:19 am
km1717 says...

Sorry, but I'm kind of inexperienced with this whole website, so I don't really understand the event. Do we have to have a preexisting storybook? Can we enter if we don't have one? I've only published short stories, so I have no idea how this works!

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 am
Lightsong says...

What is 'drive'? Noob RPer here ._.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 am
Persistence says...

@Lightsong, it's what motivates your character in their actions, what makes them pursue the goal of the story you have in mind. It could be something to do with their backstory, or something to do with their personality.

Like, for example, if the character's backstory is that they've lost all 26 hamsters they ever had, and they really freaking love hamsters, that could serve as a drive for them to find the hamster of the 5-year-old kid living next door whose hamster got kidnapped by an evil corporation that wants to mutate it into a puppy-eating supermonster with 4 tails.

Hope this helps xD
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:50 am
Persistence says...

@Nightcrawler, I'd suggest that you include the part about them not being human in the "Appearance" section. If they only look human, but aren't, you could also use the "History" part to convey where your character comes from, or include some hints as to what they actually are.

Though, there's also the "Other" section, where if you're not satisfied with how your character comes across, or if you think they won't be understood or you just have any additional information that couldn't be covered before, you could write about it here.

A lot of characters in storybooks aren't human. Here's one that I created for the storybook "The Maze of the Guilds". Hope it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. ^^
storybook_character.php?t=103995&c=2758&mode=view

Have a great day!
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:54 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Blame my time zone and horrible sleeping habits for the late responses! XD

@NightCrawler, if the character is non-human, then you can name and describe the race in the "Appearance" section and provide the context surrounding the race in the "Other" section. Any information that doesn't seem to belong in any of the categories you can just dump in "Other". I'd prefer if "History" was used solely for the character's history, not that of the race.

@km1717, you only need to submit the profile. If anything, this is the storybook for which you're submitting a CP - we're even discussing it in a DT. ^_^

@Lightsong, "Drive" is what motivates your character to do the things they do.

Oh, and I only now saw that @CandyWizard replied to all the questions for me. I thought you were asking a question too. XD

PS: @Wolfical, excellent word play, there.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:26 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@ChildOfWriting and @alliyah, did you send me your CPs? I haven't received a PM from either of you yet, but I saw that you both said you had finished it. (And you're quite right, @Rydia. ^_^)
— Paul the Apostle

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:39 pm
Vellichor says...

@AstralHunter I've been having connection issues today :( I think it should get through soon anyways. Please let me know if not and I'll resubmit.
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:50 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Gymnast2801, that is correct, yes.
— Paul the Apostle

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:16 pm
Gymnast2801 says...

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize there was a DT. Okay, thanks! I will enter my character profile soon :)
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:58 pm
BrumalHunter says...

No problem! If anyone is uncertain about what the challenge is or what it entails, please don't hesitate to ask. The DT is here for exactly that purpose.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 pm
BrumalHunter says...

The purpose of this event is to see who can write the best character profile for a villain, so if any of you are unsure whether yours meets that brief, you may resubmit your character profile with the changes. You could also submit a new one, but there are little more than six hours left. I'm not saying anyone must, but if you want to, you may.
— Paul the Apostle

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:37 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

AstralHunter wrote:@km1717, you only need to submit the profile. If anything, this is the storybook for which you're submitting a CP - we're even discussing it in a DT. ^_^

@AstralHunter, it would be pretty epic to make an SB with all these villains afterward, just for fun though, wouldn't it? ;)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead