Young Writers Society

Results - Event 3: Six Word Short Stories

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:17 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Six Word Short Stories - Results!

Into day three the Olympians battled on, stepping outside of the poetry circuit and trying their hands at the art of telling a story in very few words. The competition was tough - with no fewer than 80 people vying for those top three spots.

There was so much amazing happening at this event, that YWS couldn't take it all. In the last few hours of the event, the YWS server collapsed under the weight of all of the YWS talent! Perhaps a few more entrants would have tried their hand, but now we may never know.

There was much deliberation to choose the top three. (no but seriously, you guys made this impossible. congratulations :p). And without further ado, your medalists in this event are:

Gold
@Wolfical

Silver
@Jyva
Bronze
@Jhinx

1. "Don't get attached; main characters die."
2. ""Fire at will!" / "Don't," Will said."
3. "Hopefully the camera doesn’t reveal bruises."

It was so hard to decide. There were some awesome entries, and there could have been about 20 of you in the top spots. Thank you to everyone that entered!!! -
@ty7lucky @Unintentional @herbgirl @Kaos @JennyImStory @ScarlettFire @Meerkat @niteowl @alliyah @tgirly @EternalRain @felistia @ofmonstersandmen1234 @Lordofkittys @BlueSunset @krazkat @Wunderbar @Audy @surrealbroken @Codayy @Lightsong @Oswin1800 @spectator @Dracula @jumpingsheep @Gravity @dramamine @bluewaterlily @Strange @fortis @Ellstar @Apricity @Kazeybear @Demeter @artybirdy @Mea @Malamaya @DragonWriter22 @AstralHunter @Dutiful @Shakthi @TombRaiderFan @MsScully @AshleyDashley @RippleGylf @Aditi @Nightcrawler @weirdmoodycrazy @Harker @Jac12 @NightFury1210 @WannabeWriter112 @Transport222 @CandyWizard @ShaeSnow @ElizabethLovelace @Kosmos @Holysocks @Dinosaur @NympheaLily @FeatherPen @HarshRanjan1997 @soundofmind @Rydia @rl320 @Gymnast2801 @EvilEpicPerson @AdmiralKat @nykolasandrews @SpiritedWolfe @ChildOfWriting @thecolorofthesky @BlueJayWalker10 @Masquerade @Merkava120 @myjaspercat @TheSilverFox
You all rule!! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:49 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Woah, really?? <3 I commend you for having to sift through eighty entries! Thank you ~
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 am
Jyva says...

cool
:)

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing.
— Sylvia Plath