Young Writers Society

Event 2: Paragraph Poetry - Results!

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:35 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Paragraph Poem Event - Results

The second day of our YWS Writing Olympics has come to an end! Faced with a call to abandon stanzas and line breaks, to leave behind the backbone of poetry and blend with -gasp- prose, many of our authorletes rose to the challenge. They fought to avoid the horrors of purple prose, to regulate their punctuation exactingly, to create a rise and fall that would make the masses laugh or weep or pump the air.

When the dust settled and the typing quieted, no less than 33 brave souls had produced a poem to be proud of. The judge had her work cut out for her because, unfortunately, there can only be three winners.

After much deliberation and without further ado, let’s give a big congratulations to:

Silver
@tgirly
Bronze
@GusG

And many thanks to all the other amazing authorletes who participated! I really enjoyed reading all of your entries, and many of you were very, very close to being one of our top three.

Thanks to everyone for participating, and best of luck to all as you move forward in the YWS Writing Olympics!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris