Young Writers Society

Results - Event 1: Shape Poems

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:03 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Shape Poem Event - Results!

The first twenty-four hours of the 2016 YWS Writing Olympics have come to an end, and already the authorletes are bloodied and bruised from their efforts. Not many writers have braved the journey into this new dimension of poetic form, reshaping lines and verses into actual shapes; writing poetically, in normal verses (usually unintentionally shaped like a sideways, dilapidated picket fence), is hard enough. Molding those verses into a cow, a VHS tape, or the United States of America is nearly impossible.

During our first event, however, twenty-three poets took that extra step. And as pitiful as it may be, with each one of these entries standing alone as remarkable works of art (that you need to go read right now if you haven't already), only three of them will walk away from the first event with medals gleaming on their chests.

Seriously, guys, couldn't you have made my job a little bit easier? You can't imagine how much time I spent quarreling with myself over the winners and wishing that I could have given out at least ten more medals. You all should be proud of yourselves for what you've created!

Without further ado, here are the three medalists of the first event in the 2016 YWS Writing Olympics:

Silver
@Mea
Bronze
@Gravity

... not far behind are all the other absolutely splendid authorletes who participated,

Congratulations!
and best of luck to you as the competition continues.
~~
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:09 am
View Likes
Harker says...

Amazing job, guys! I'm super super impressed because I had to do this myself and it was pretty traumatic. ;)
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:13 am
View Likes
BlueSunset says...

@Harker Agreed! It was an amazing challenge to participate in, and many congratulations to the top 3! You guys were amazing. Can't wait for the next events! :D
busy throwing
words around

like a magician
casting spells.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:21 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Well deserved winners!
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome job, you guys! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

All hail the mighty Glow Cloud.
— Welcome to Night Vale