Young Writers Society

And the Winners Are...

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:24 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

First of all, I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in this year's YWS Olympics! Whether you entered one event or all of them, or even if you just watched and cheered from the sidelines, you all helped make this event be as amazing and successful as it was! So thank you so much. ♥

Second, please give a big thank you to our hosts for hosting such amazing and diverse events! None of this would've been possible without their help. Thank you for your brilliant ideas and for your help: @wolfical @Mea @Carlito @Lavvie @astralhunter @Aley @Steggy @kyllorac @megsug @Rydia, and @Meshugenah

Finally, a big thank you to @Nate for generously financing the gifts that are to be given today, as well as all the work you did to get this event up and running. Where would we be without you? ♥

NOW THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

The winners of the 2016 YWS Olympics AREEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Sharing the Gold Medal and tied with six points apiece are @savvy and @Rydia!

Behind them is @Mea, who earned five points, has been bestowed with the lovely Bronze Medal!

Congratulations to all of our winners! Please PM Nate to claim your prizes!

In addition to that, it looks like the The Jamaican Bobsled Writing Team is our winning team, with a total of seven points! Congratulations!

Well, that's it for now! Enspoilered below is a list of all the participants and their points. Badges will be awarded shortly, courtesy of @Aley ♥ Once again, thank you to everyone for joining us and see you on the next one!

Spoiler! :
Savvy - 6
Wolfical - 6 (Wolfical opted not to accept the winning prize, but congratulations to her nonetheless for earning all her points!)
Rydia - 6
Mea - 5
Spectator - 4
alliyah - 3
Felistia - 3
Nightcrawler - 3
Strange - 3
Tgirly - 3
TheSilverFox - 3
CandyWizard - 2
Dracula - 2
Ellstar - 2
GusG - 2
jumpingsheep - 2
Jyva - 2
fortis - 1
Gravity - 1
Jhinx - 1

Prize Information

Spoiler! :

First place - anything in the YWS store under $30 USD
Third place - anything in the YWS store under $15 USD

A link to the YWS store - http://www.cafepress.com/ywsstore
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:48 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

A big well done to @Savvy, @Wolfical and @Mea and a round of applause to everyone else who ran an event or participated in one!

But we should really say thank you to @Iggy too for being the ringleader of this wonderful circus - thanks lovely!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:35 am
Persistence says...

Great job guys! All your entries were awesome. Really well-deserved ^^
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:42 am
JuliasSneezer says...

Congrats, everyone! :D
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell