z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [April Fools!]

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 am
View Likes
Big Brother says...

Old thread is looking a bit full, so let's get a new one started!

HEYYYyyyy welcome to the Young Walrus Society or as we like to call it Young Writers Society! If you clicked this page, you were probably hoping to be welcomed, so let me say it again, "Welcome to Young Writers Society!"

Use this thread to introduce yourself or make a new thread! Our site currently has over 45,000 as well as the occasional google-bot or spam-bot. We're growing every day!

You can tell who the moderators are because they're the ones covered in green slime. Anyways we should probably go over a few rules before you get to introducing yourself.

:arrow: We prefer proper English, also known as Olde English. That is we don't substitute "da" for "the" and if you can use "thee" or "thine" that's even better. We prefer if in your posts you don't say "im" for "I'm," or "u" for "you," and we expect you to capitalize each word of every sentence in your regular posts unless it's part of an already cultivated aesthetic, though in poetry anything goes!

:arrow: To earn points, you must review, this is the law. And to submit works, you must have points. It's the circle of YWS! If you're having trouble writing a good review, please consult the New Review Rules which gives a comprehensive list of the expectations and requirements for a good review. And mark your review as as a review or it won't be a review!

:arrow: Am I forgetting anything else? We've got more rules here, your frequently asked questions, and that's about it! Also if you notice any suspicious activity mentioning any classified plots to take over the site, it is best to bring that to the unclassified club as a general rule of thumb.

Welcome again! Can't wait to meet you all!

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:53 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Hi Big Brother! I'm new! This thread is a really good idea.

My name is ZeroYo. I'm sure at some point far into the future that will be funny, but for now it just sounds cool. I write a lot, mostly novels. I think if you're going to write something then you should go all out and write *everything*.

I also really like wordwars.
We were born to be amazing.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the site, @ZeroYo! Let me know if you need any help with how YWS works - I've been here awhile, so I probably know the answers to any questions you have. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:27 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

HI all!

My name is Eleanor. I am new myself, and I am excited that I found YWS. I have any many interests. I like writing, singing, acting. my favorite movies are the Star Wars series, which i just watched with my Dad.

Well, Anyway, I hope I'll see you all around in the near future.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:31 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Welcome Eleanor! Let me know if you have any questions! :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:21 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Welcome @ZeroYo! I just had an idea - maybe every year you change your name, so after one year you're @OneYo, and then @TwoYo, and so on, until eventually you're all the way up to @Tenyo! That would be funny. In the meantime, how are you settling in? Let us know if you have any questions.

And welcome @Eleanor. I really like Star Wars too. Which one's your favorite?
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hi Mia.

My favorite Star Wars movie is Revenge of the Stih, but I like Return of the Jedi too!

-- Walt Disney

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Hi there!

My name's Stella! Well, it's not really, but I won't tell you my real name! I'm new! I love to write. I love fairytales, especially ones with more than one princess in them! And I love dresses and talking about dresses and ribbons! I collect ribbons.

Oh. And I LOVE Harry Potter. I hope other people do too!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:28 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@StellaThomas I LOVE princesses. My favorite is Cinderella. Who’s yours? :D

-- Walt Disney

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Oh hi people!!

I’m LavenderBlu and I'm new here too! I'm sooo excited to find other people who write. I'm a really good writer so I think you'll be preeeetty impressed so be sure to check out some works of mine when I post them! I love to write fantasy. and I LOVE Harry Potter! :)

@StellaThomas I also love princesses. Mulan is the best one, I think.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:52 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Welcome to the site, @Eleanor, @ZeroYo, @StellaThomas, and @LavenderBlu! Hope to see loads of your writing in the near future. =D
*insert quirky signature here*

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Hiiii I'm also new!
I just joined like 5 other writing sites so idk if I'll be sticking around here or not. But I'm fortis, I just came over here from figment. I really like writing and reading of course.
Stella I loooooove Harry Potter! Especially Luna :) But my faaavorite book is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I even wrote a review of it a couple days after I joined hehe Book Review: The Name of the Wind
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Hi everyone!

I'm Tucktser, and I'm new to Young Walrus Society LOL!

My Background in Writing:
I started telling stories orally to my younger sister when I was probably only about 7 or 8. She immediately loved them and I kept making up stories to tell her and I have been ever since. I have really loved reading from a very young age and I used to read A LOT in elementary school.

I competed in a few short-story competitions for school, then tried to write some novels, but kind of got bored with it after a while. Recently, I started to take up short stories again and started the long process of learning how to write well. But I want to get some second opinions on my writing. I hope that this website will be a good way for me to get some second opinions on how to improve my writing and also be able to read other stories by aspiring writers like myself and give some helpful feedback and learn from both myself and others. I'm very excited to be a new member here! Thanks for reading my long rant and biography! :D

P.S. I really don't like punctuation and will just keep talking and talking and not really put commas in my writing sometimes and I don't really know when I'm supposed to use periods really and it's something I'm trying to work on and I hope that you all can help me with this because that would help me a lot and I would really appreciate it!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:24 pm
View Likes
PhoenixOfTheStars says...

Hey Tucktser! Cool name by the way :) My name's Atticus. It's nice to meet you!

You sound pretty cool and awesome! I have a feeling you're going to mature A LOT in the next few years tho :)

Welcome to YWS! :) :) :)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:29 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Hi Atticus! Thanks so much for the welcome it's nice to meet you too! I am super happy to already be making friends on here and I think that we will talk much more in the upcoming years and that will be good for us and help us both grow and get to be even better writers than we already are and give us a chance to learn together!

But no I don't think I'm going to mature THAT much more, I'm already super mature and responsible. Thanks for your opinion tho! I hope that you mature more in the next few years too!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg