Young Writers Society

Nate stepping down

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:40 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Really, @Iggy, you treated @Nate's stepping down as a joke, as you did in this thread: Nate is stepping down. This is a serious matter. Don't try to make it seem like it's this silly thing. Maybe you don't think that it's serious, but everyone else does. Just because we lost his explanation with everything else doesn't mean you can or should make a joke out of the situation.

With the coming of YWS Buran, that will give all of the moderators tools to do all the site coding that he does, and thus he can step down and live his life without having us bug him at every single moment whenever the site goes down. This will also enable YWS to be self-sufficient without him having to invest any more money into the site.

He is in his thirties. He has a law degree and is moving on with his life. This is a good thing, even though it is bittersweet for all of us. Despite some of the misunderstandings and fights and passive aggressive stand-offs that all of us have had with Nate, he's been a mostly good guy to us all. I know I wouldn't put up with some of the monkey crap that's been flung at him.

Also, we were going to release this information with the coming of YWS Buran. I know, it sounds nice to make it an April Fool's joke, because SURPRISE. But, and we discussed this earlier before we lost all our content, we want the whole site to understand that this is not a joke and that we truly mean this.

I am a bit disappointed in you, Iggy. :? You should know better.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain