z

Young Writers Society

Protecting Trademarks and lawsuits

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:09 pm
Blues says...

As you know, here at YWS, we respect trademarks. When we do not, we land in legal trouble.

As is the case here.

I've recently been emailed by three of Iggy Azalea's record companies asking for a name change in @Iggy's name; this has also happened when she was known as Ignorance. Due to many private discussions with other members of the Mod Squad, we have come to the conclusion to post our case here to appeal to the powers above, as @Iggy has failed to attend her third disciplinary hearing as of Monday the 30th of March.

Record companies are increasingly targeting sites such as YWS in order to raise awareness about protecting trademarks. Thus, as fellow brothers of the creative arts, we must ensure that we protect these trademarks.

I propose further sanctions on @Iggy for refusing to change her name. We cannot allow an example for the site to continue to show such disregard for site rules and ethics.

Thoughts?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:40 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

@Iggy needs to change her name to Piggy in honor of me. It's as simple as that. Plus, I won't press a lawsuit.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:46 am
View Likes
Audy says...

But then we'll in get in trouble with Miss Piggy :c

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:07 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

I've heard that the igloos have been pressing for lawsuits, too, recently, ever since @PenguinAttack won their case. They appear to be under the impression that @Iggy is a short-form for igloos.

I say Iggy change her name to NotIggy and be done with it.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:35 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Or WhatevsImFancierAnyway
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:32 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

No.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix