Young Writers Society

In North Carolina from March 31 - April 5

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:42 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey all,

I'm going to be at the Outer Banks from Tuesday through the weekend. Though I'll still have my laptop with me, I'm trying to stay away from anything with a cord during this time (aside from lamps). I'll still be reachable via my email and cellphone, so if something comes up, let me know!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

OBX! Have lots of fun! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Have fun! :D

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:07 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Wait, you'll be answering your cell phone? For something other than mocking me for my baseball team? Shock and horror!

Have fun!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:28 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

He's just bitter because the Giants have whooped butt all the way to the World Series THREE TIMES since YWS has started, and the Nationals have only... hmm... let's see... oh yeah... NO WORLD SERIES WINS in the whole team's existence. The only national team that has never won a World Series.

Spoiler! :
If it makes you feel better, my newest home team is the only other MLB team in existence that has never had a World Series win: the Seattle Mariners. Still, Giants fan for life, dude!

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:09 am
Nate says...

@Meshugenah and @Snoink, you better believe the Nationals are going to the World Series this year, and that they're going to trump the Giants in the playoffs. With Max Scherzer, Jordan Zimmerman, Stephen Strasbourg, Drew Storen, Doug Fister, etc., etc., etc., the Nats have one of the best pitching rotations in MLB history. The only thing that can doom them is their unusual predilection for injuries...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

The only reason why they might possibly have a chance to maybe get the World Series, maybe, is because it's an odd year, and our Giants have a thing for even years. :P

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:55 am
View Likes
Audy says...

Alright see you Nate! Just leave the site to us, we've got it handled. Also take pictures and tell your folks I said hey :)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:52 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Though I'll still have my laptop with me, I'm trying to stay away from anything with a cord during this time (aside from lamps).

I'd be cautious of lamps too. You don't really want a repeat of the Great Lamp Incident of 2009, do you? :P

Have a great time! :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:04 pm
Meshugenah says...

Or the horrors of the '06 incidents of which we do not speak.

The Giants have a concerning predilection for even years despite injuries, this is fact. I mean, winning without Cain? And MadBum basically being a one-man show?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 pm
Lava says...

...this is how I get education in baseball
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher