Young Writers Society

Comments to YWS Buran

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 am
Snoink says...

This is in response to this thread: Upcoming YWS Features

Until I see a screenshot of the new layout, I'm not going to support this ever.

Also, unless we pay reviewers for their reviews, this is never going to work out.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:38 am
Nate says...

Real mature Snoink.

Well, comments away I guess. My trash bin is at the ready.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 am
Snoink says...

Hey, you don't have to be so antagonistic. I am just trying to help. It's not like YWS won't have these complaints when these things are introduced, you know.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

425 Reviews

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Oh yeah? You think people are going to be thrilled spending a dollar or two for every work posted? This is a YOUNG writers site. Not everybody has access to money. In fact, we have a lot of people who are struggling with funds. This is totally not going to work and it's going to really hurt YWS. If you want to put the wool over your eyes, then fine. Be that way. But, it's not going to be popular.

425 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm
Nate says...

Oh pish posh Snoink. We've already been through this. The Bartemius Commission that studied this issue (a commission you were part of) determined that while the pay to post would not initially be popular, it would gradually become an integral and cherished part of YWS. It's really no different than writing.com, scribophile, or any number of writing sites that require subscriptions for posting more than two works. By associating ourselves with those sites rather than the likes of Wattpad or Figment, we are emphasizing the fact that YWS is a premium site for premium writers.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:00 pm
Elinor says...

Nate, maybe you're the one the one we need to cast away on a block of ice.

You've just proven how completely out of touch your are with today's generation of youngins.

If you implement this, YWS as we know it will cease to exist.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

425 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:10 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

If young'ins are willing to spend $10 bucks on a cow for their virtual farm, or $5 for more lives in candy crush, they'll be willing to spend a $1 for posting a new work. It's called freemium, and it works.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hey, if this feature makes sure that everyone proofreads and spellchecks their works at least three times before posting, I'm all for it. No more misplaced commas and uncapitalised sentences? Hallelujah.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:13 am
Rydia says...

I'm with Nate on this one, today's generation are just throwing their money away and we can at least make better use of it.

That said, did the thread really need to be locked Nate? Asking us to not respond would have been more courteous and each are equally a matter of willpower.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:26 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I have a suggestion that will make the pay-to-submit feature more favorable.

Instead of charging $1, what about $0.99?

Spoiler! :
Because...

Shoot. It was ninety-nine cents!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:22 am
Snoink says...

Don't try to lump me in that commission. I'll have you know that I opposed the Bartemius Commission's results, which were voted in by the majority, despite my arguments. Just because the majority of a commission thinks something is good doesn't mean that it is. I'm sure many in YWS would be very upset to hear that something like this is in the works.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:53 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Are the users allowed to object?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix