z

Young Writers Society

DJM demand list

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

We have been ill-treated for long enough. I'm tired of cleaning up chat after all the late night JM kitty parties; just because you're green it doesn't mean you can boss us around—and I think it would be wise if DJMs were given a pension of sorts, perhaps in points, for all the work they've done in the past. There should be a system: this would prevent several retired members from leaving the site, and there would be less sad walls to look at, too.

Moreover, is it fair that the DJMs are made to deal with all the rubbish clustering up at the very, very back of the staff forums—like, from way back in 2004? I swear, the first thing we get to do the minute we're retired is given janitorial duty, and it sucks. Badly. Worse than the battered vacuum cleaner we're expected to clean with.

So, in light of the mistreatment of all DJMs on YWS, I present to you the DJM demand list. Voilà!

1) All DJMs should be paid the equivalent of the time they have spent in service to the YWS. This will act as a 'pension' of sorts, and will vary from 500 to 1000 points depending on the number of months spent as a JM + activity during said months. If inactive for some time during service, a DJM is to be paid twice the amount as usual; this should act as an incentive for them to work twice as hard ifwhen they are re-greened.

2) The colour of our usernames should be changed to something more fashionable than that ugly dark blue. Like a gorgeous teal, for instance.

3) Janitorial duty is a no-no. If you want to keep the staff forums clean, get active staff to do it.

4) DJMs have the right to add to these demands or make changes in the existing clauses whenever they want. They're retired and should be respected.

5) No badmouthing any retired members AT ALL. Yes, @Widdershins, I'm looking at you especially. >_>

If any of my lovely fellow DJMs wish to add to this, please feel free to do so! I expect our demands to be put into action within a week at the latest—if not then I will flood the Green Room and go on strike. We'll see who'll clean the staff room then.

Have a nice day! x
Last edited by Pompadour on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:10 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

2) The colour of our usernames should be changed to something more fashionable than that ugly dark blue. Like a gorgeous teal, for instance.

I believe @Snoink actually tried that once. However, the sheer amazing brightness of the shade she chose nearly broke the site. Nate was forced to put her in time out for her color defiance.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:58 am
View Likes
Lava says...

We need more pink in our lives. @Rydia
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:39 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

HEY. I tried! But, I totally broke the site trying!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

396 Reviews

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:09 am
Pompadour says...

@Snoink, for the sake of all that is pleasing to the eye, teal would be such a pretty colour for our usernames. :c

Doesn't anyone else agree??

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:15 pm
Rook says...

<_<
*mutters about those filthy DJMs*
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:09 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I really think pink should be reserved for other groups like kitty's minions. Teal sounds like a good colour for DJM's. Or brown... that would be symbolic. Kind of like autumn when things aren't dead but kind of dying? I really like that.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 pm
Kale says...

Or it could be symbolic of SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY, namely, HOW THE REST OF STAFF SEES DJMS.

As a longtime DJM, I feel entitled to demand back pay with interest, as well as petition for a nicer color. Teal is nice enough, but I think where it's at is a rich cobalt blue. You can't go wrong with cobalt blue.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Lumi says...

You can't go wrong with cobalt blue.

I had a cousin who turned cobalt blue once. His funeral was lively.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:57 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

Guys, if we're gonna change the DJM color, it needs to be something people can't properly name, like the DM color. Oh the hours of agony trying to find the hex color for that nasty little bugger. Is it yellow? Gold? Orange? Clementine? Gah! WHAT IS IT???
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 pm
Blues says...

dragonfphoenix wrote:Guys, if we're gonna change the DJM color, it needs to be something people can't properly name, like the DM color. Oh the hours of agony trying to find the hex color for that nasty little bugger. Is it yellow? Gold? Orange? Clementine? Gah! WHAT IS IT???

Well it's not exactly easy to distinguish between the colours - and these are distinguished junior moderators. They deserve utmost respect and full state funeral rites, including a clear colour.

I warn you. YWS is heading to ironic catastrophe.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 pm
Lava says...

...does anyone else read "DJM" as "DeeJam"?
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:51 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

No, @Lava. Have you considered going to an eye doctor?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

396 Reviews

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 am
Pompadour says...

Perhaps all the DJMs should have black usernames. That would be most befitting, oui? And because no one is agreeing on teal... :'c

And what about pay-checks??? We need to decide on an amount, PLUS, all the DJMs were blackmailed into paying the electricity bill last month, so YWS owes us that money as well.

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 pm
View Likes
Morrigan says...

I enjoy the color black to signify usernames. It would make them feel like the night was within them. How poetic.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl