Australasia

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:23 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

This must be addressed.

As you may have seen in the YWSCon thread, I am horrified and outraged at the treatment those NOT in the northern hemisphere experience. More particularly, Australia and New Zealand who are consistently ranked highly in the location stats for members.

WHY is there such a disregard and inconsideration toward these members, and I may say toward these moderators? I'm always responding to things late because you work during times that are entirely unacceptable for Australian standards.

I'm not going to stand or sit for it. It's unbearable after 8 years of being on the YWS and I think it's high time that we altered the YWS to be more suitable for us. I propose that we lock the chatroom when not during Australasian appropriate times and that we increase discussion of alternate media, from anime, kdrama and indigenous people's writing. We should clearly celebrate holidays appropriate to the "down under" such as ANZAC day and the Queen's Birthday - this second will also be appropriate for other Commonwealth countries.

Shape up, guys, or I'm going to ship out.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:53 am
Hannah says...

See, Pingui, I did agree with you when it came to the electricity, because that has a bearing on my personal convenience right now, but I'm going to be back in America for the convention, and then everything's going to be fine.

Why exactly do I need to care about members other than myself?!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:04 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Let's focus on the important Australia thing here :
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:42 am
Snoink says...

Ooers, like having cool site decorations for Australian holidays? I could go for that...

Can Japan also represent? We have boy's day coming up...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:59 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

It's unacceptable, it really is. Do you have any idea how many times I've gone ooh, that workshop/chat event/etc looks good, I mi- wait, it's at three in the morning, never mind. We never win, and frankly, I don't know how PenguinAttack's put up with it for so long - I don't know how I've put up with it these past two years.

There really does need to be an improvement. Otherwise, I'm calling for a strike.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

You show 'em, girlfriend.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Snoink wrote:Ooers, like having cool site decorations for Australian holidays? I could go for that...

Can Japan also represent? We have boy's day coming up...

We need to get someone to make paper fish windsock thingies for the background, or header, or why not everywhere?

I know! Everyone on the modsquad should design one on their own, and we can paste them EVERYWHERE. Forget the logo. Paper fish. Who needs the tabs? More paper fish. That boring blue background.

Paper. Fish.

Everywhere.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 pm
Auxiira says...

Whilst on the topic of not being represented, can I say that Mainland Europe is woefully understated in our forums. We could replace the tabs with baguettes.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 pm
Blues says...

Frankly, y'all are just jealous. We may have lost our colonies BUT YOU WON'T TAKE OUR GRIP ON THE YWS

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki