z

Young Writers Society

Noise Reduction Policies?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 pm
Vervain says...

Now, I know I'm just a newbie as far as being green goes, but I have it on good faith that there's way too much noise on this site.

Okay, okay, cosmic background radiation and all that, but there's this unsettling hum whenever I click into the Green Room, and I think it's related to the issues Nate's been having with the electric bill. Someone has been leaving the lights on too long or something, and the generator's overheating. Obviously. Do we even know where we got that generator from?

But maybe it still makes the noise even when it's off. Or cool. We need to conduct a scientific experiment to see if the generator's faulty so we can make a judgement call—because I think something needs to be done to reduce the noise before it spreads to the rest of the site. Can you imagine trying to review with that kind of interruption? I'd like to hear the opinions of those older and wiser than me so I know what can be done before this gets out of hand.
stay off the faerie paths

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

I think it might be that the radioactivity from the amount of green in the green room may have mutated some of the poems, and the rogue links are starting up their tribal chants again.
Ever wonder why there are so few green websites? That's why. Radioactivity is bad for a website.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

425 Reviews

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:39 pm
Vervain says...

Ugh, so it's not even background radiation? I wish I'd known that before I went green. Is there protocol for this? Should we have some of the Knights go in there and vanquish the works before they get too rowdy?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:57 am
Hannah says...

Arkhaion, I don't know if you knew this or not, so I won't assume you're just being insensitive, but nearly 60 percent of the Knights are already out of commission and dealing with the after effects of radiation sickness! And you want to ask us to go in there again? It's the best we can do to keep it a secret and hope some new members wander in!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

425 Reviews

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Uh-oh. That does not sound good for the Knights—my apologies to whoever's sick, and I'll make sure to send them flowers if you send me a list later on! I'll probably jump in there myself and try to identify the worst offenders, but I'll definitely need some backup. And maybe gas masks and hazmat suits?

In any case, the noise is still ongoing, so maybe we should invest in further soundproofing for Green Room works until this is resolved?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:13 am
View Likes
Kale says...

I've glowed for so long, I can't hear the hum. I didn't even know it was there.

There's just too many novel chapters in there. I can't review them all...

*sobs*

But I can keep trying. I'm already radioactive, have been for so long, a little more won't hurt much more...
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:17 am
Rook says...

You're an inspiration to us all, @Kyllorac.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13