z

Young Writers Society

JK Rowling tries to sign up for YWS AGAIN

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:45 pm
Lauren2010 says...

As many of us know, since 2008 the author of the popular Harry Potter series has mounted increasingly serious efforts to join the Young Writers Society. And as we have all agreed time and time again, this is not in the best interest of YWS. How are we meant to compare when such a literary giant is posting alongside us? How will we keep out the swarms of posers who join just to get a little closer to Rowling? They obviously wouldn't be posting their own work, and our lives would become a cycle of whack-a-mole with troublesome Potterheads.

And wasn't it mysterious when she launched her own site for young people in just 2009? Clearly this was an attempt to overthrow the popularity of YWS. Lucky for her she altered the purpose of her new website just in time to escape the lawsuit we had in the works!

But now, after months of silence, Rowling has come among us again. Under the guise of LovelyLuna9361820xx she posted sixteen works in just under two hours -- leaving eloquent and thoughtful reviews on many of the green room works to earn the points for such a feat -- and made some rather unseemly blog posts that read simply "neener neener neener" as if we were children on a playground. Luckily Big Brother was able to clear the evidence of her awful presence nearly as soon as it arrived and no one should be the wiser.

Clearly this is a woman who just won't stop. And I think it's time we take action. A mere threat of a lawsuit isn't enough to sway her, and so I think we need to take this up with a greater governmental agency so that this online terror can be silenced once and for all. There's truly no knowing what she could do next.

I have the contact information for the appropriate agencies, I just need a majority vote in favor of kicking Jo Rowling to the metaphorical internet curb where she belongs.
Got YWS?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 pm
Iggy says...

Can I at least get her autograph first?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:02 pm
Meshugenah says...

No.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Ugh. It might be time to file a restraining order against Rowling.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 pm
Demeter says...

I just don't get it, like... she's definitely not a *young* writer, even though she's a good one. What could she possibly think of gaining by trying to join?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:33 am
PenguinAttack says...

Gosh that seems too unfair. I mean, yes it IS an awful lot of work for us to filter out her (frankly TOO good) reviews and works, but she's a writer just like us!

We all know that we aren't limiting the age of our members anymore, otherwise I wouldn't be here and neither would almost the entirety of BB. Rowling has just as much right to be here as us. As long as she doesn't put her real name out there, and perhaps is more careful about the work she's posting (put them in fanfics, for example? Rather than suggesting her DracoxLuna AUs are official.) I don't see why she shouldn't be allowed to be a member along with us.

We can definitely throw around enough rumours to make it clear that "lovelyluna" ISN'T internationally beloved author J.K. Rowling.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 am
LadySpark says...

POTTER FOREVER

*waves wand around threateningly*
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:17 am
Pompadour says...

J.K. ROWLING HAS AN ACCOUNT ON THE SITE WHERE IS IT I MUST GO STALK HER NOW, LAUREN, MANY THANKS
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am
Snoink says...

Wait a second... who would actually BELIEVE that she is J.K. Rowling? People might think we're just pulling their leg.

I think it should be okay...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:07 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

No! Keep her away! Good heavens. All the religious minorities on here would pitch a FIT if they knew she was on the site.

And think about the rage threads that would explode all over the place. Gah. The Randomostiy forums are jam-packed enough as it is.

This has nothing to do with my own personal vendetta against Rowling for attempting to stick me in Slytherin on Pottermore. Ravenclaw forever!
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:33 pm
Lightsong says...

PenguinAttack wrote:Gosh that seems too unfair. I mean, yes it IS an awful lot of work for us to filter out her (frankly TOO good) reviews and works, but she's a writer just like us!

We all know that we aren't limiting the age of our members anymore, otherwise I wouldn't be here and neither would almost the entirety of BB. Rowling has just as much right to be here as us. As long as she doesn't put her real name out there, and perhaps is more careful about the work she's posting (put them in fanfics, for example? Rather than suggesting her DracoxLuna AUs are official.) I don't see why she shouldn't be allowed to be a member along with us.

We can definitely throw around enough rumours to make it clear that "lovelyluna" ISN'T internationally beloved author J.K. Rowling.

Agree absolutely with this.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:38 pm
Hattable says...

Wait... What?
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:04 pm
mountainclimber says...

Uhhh I dunno, isn't that a liiitle bit extreme?
"The Gospel is like a caged lion, It does not need to be defended, it simply needs to be let out of it's cage."
-Charles Spurgeon

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 pm
Amnesia says...

I don't know how I feel about this.....so many options anyways have fun figuring out how to keep her out. She may just apperate in anyways
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness