Young Writers Society

We need to talk about StellaThomas.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

First of all, I have to say that it breaks my heart a little bit to have to do this. @StellaThomas is one of my oldest and dearest friends on YWS, and there could have been potential to continue this friendship for years, decades even. But things have changed little by little for some time now, and it's escalated to a point where this remains my last option, however harsh and final it is.

It all started a few years ago already. Stella and I have always shared our preferences on (fictional) men, so of course we started a little rivalry over a character in the Narnia films, considering he had the deep dark eyes that we were both so fond of. This then happened, which some of you mods may remember if you were around: Who would Skandar Keynes prefer?

After fighting about that for some time, we agreed that in the future, we wouldn't bring up our disagreements in public, at least not to that extent where our friends were having to choose sides and it became uncomfortable for more people than just us two, which wasn't very fair.

Unfortunately, this also meant that I was alone in my struggle against StellaThomas. You won’t know this because you can’t see private messages, but Stella can be super catty when she feels like it, despite her sweet exterior. That must be the worst thing about her - she pretends she’s this altruistic helpful doctor person when in reality she’s the exact opposite. She claims she’s a feminist, but no feminist would so cruelly antagonise a fellow member of the womankind (me).

What you won’t realise if you don’t know her as well as I (unfortunately) do is that she will go to ANY lengths to achieve what she wants or create the image she wants other people to view her as.

Exhibit A) She ACTUALLY applied to the same university (Cambridge) and the same college as the actor who plays Edmund in the Narnia films, just so she could steal him for herself and then have the upper hand on me.

Exhibit B) When this failed and she didn’t get in this prestigious university (which frankly wasn’t surprising, her grades aren’t that good), she decided she’d go a step further. She applied for medical school even though blood and needles make her queasy - just because other people would view as someone who wants to help and cure people.

Exhibit C) Once she had miraculously studied in the medical school for a few years, she forged a story about going to Kenya, Africa, with her classmates for charity work. She’s a scarily good liar, so everyone probably bought this story. What actually happened was that these classmates did go to Africa, and Stella, the lazy selfish girl she is, stayed at home and paid her classmates to photoshop her face on the pictures they took in Africa, just so she could prove everyone that she did go. This is probably the occurrence that makes me the most sick out of these three.

I don't know what else I can say to convince everyone that Stella isn't what she appears to be. Hopefully the cold facts above will change everyone's minds about her.

Stella, I'm speaking directly to you now. Stop this. Can't you understand that I don't feel safe anymore on YWS, knowing that each day you're weaving your spider's webs to snatch yet another person on your side? You used to be one of my best friends, but just like Blair on Gossip Girl, you only care for yourself and what people think of you. I'm tired of being the Serena.

It has all come down to this. What I'm about to say makes me feel awful, but it has to be done.

@Nate - I propose the degreenification of StellaThomas and preferably (at least) a temporary ban from the site. Neither of us can stay while the other survives. So, take your pick. If you decide against all sanity to keep Stella on the site, I will hand in my notice. There is no room on YWS for the both of us anymore.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:55 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I propose a poetry duel to sort this out. Only one can survive...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:21 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Oh hell no.

First of all, I'm so embarrassed that Demeter thinks this kind of thing is appropriate. Mods, please keep this to yourselves. We don't want the members to realise what an insane brat there is on BB (her).

I should really be the bigger person here but I've been being the bigger person for years. It's time to lay bare the truth that we've been holding back all these years.

Look, I used to like Demeter. I thought she was clever or funny or something. Who knows? But we used to talk like, all the time. And then I realised wha a total psychopath this woman is.

First of all let's get one thing straight: I SAW SKANDAR FIRST. How do I know? Because films come out in Ireland three months before they come out in Finland. I saw those dark eyes and wanted them first.

But we'll let that go. We both have boyfriends now (but I'll get to that later). The next thing was the dress. I bought a red dress in September and when I asked some friends who know a lot about dresses their advice on it, Demeter hacked into our private Whatsapp group. And what did she do? She went out and bought the same dress. Who does that? Not only that, but she knew I was going to wear that dress to the GM ball in May in a last ditch attempt to wow the judges and not be evicted from the Big Brother house. She planned on sabotaging me! All so that she could take the admin spot that Meshugenah had promised me. Why do you think the dress was red? But now that dream will never be a reality. Thanks Demeter.

Also, Demeter thinks I'm a liar? Well excuse me but there's a few things you need to know! Demeter pretends to speak five languages. This is a LIE. She doesn't even speak Finnish! She pretends to for authenticity. But all those times you see her "speaking" a foreign language? Two words: Google Translate. She just wants to look special and hipster. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a badword.

It gets worse. I have it on good authority that the account Charlie II is in fact an alt account. Demeter cleverly created this to have someone to laugh at her "jokes" and back her up on BB. And then he "moved to Finland?" Yeah sure. Who would ever move to Finland? What a joke. What actually happened was Demeter became too lazy to keep using an English proxy to keep up the charade!

You probably don't know Demeter as well as I do. And now I am appealing to you, please: don't let her into your lives. I agree, @Nate, we can't continue like this. I think someone as depraved as her deserves a permaban. We'd be better off without her.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:00 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I am so sick of you two squabbling and bringing the rest of us into it. I say let's throw the both of you out and I'm not even going to beg Nate for permission. I'll do it myself. There are other admins around here who you could have asked you know but oh no, only Nate can do any of this stuff.

I am sick and tired of that attitude. He's a busy man.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Can you please not make a topic about an individual again? It's really unprofessional, and I am tempted to lock this because it's just going to get out of hand.

I've had enough of this forum descending into silliness and you two are better than this. Keep it out of the forums and discuss it like adults.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm
Demeter says...

Oooh, @Rydia, @Firestarter, so feisty and grown-up. I know it looks a lot like I threw the first stone by posting this topic, but Stella insulted me in the Twilight topic first, and you have no idea how long she's made my life a living hell.

And @StellaThomas I'm not even sinking low enough to deign to reply to you. Your imagination is getting more and more outrageous. Sorry to be so rude, but should you maybe get your head checked?

And I totally wore that dress better.

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:09 pm
StellaThomas says...

I tried to be an adult. I guess some people here just don't have that ability. >.<
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:13 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Demeter was mean to me a moment ago.

I'm on Stella's side.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

878 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:19 pm
Demeter says...

Iggy wrote:Demeter was mean to me a moment ago.

I'm on Stella's side.

Um. You think that was mean? Honey, you do not want to get on my bad side.

Unfortunately, considering the comment above, it may be too late.

Got YWS?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:43 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Demeter you haven't let Lucifer go, have you?

I knew it was a mistake to cast you in that role. We've all moved on. It's time for you to do so as well.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

DEMETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any relation to Hades is a plus in my book.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I hereby designate this arbitrary area over here Switzerland.

Who's with me?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

I support Hannah. Knights forever!

Iggy was a terrible crew leader.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:25 am
Pompadour says...

Switzerland is a lovely place. I hear there are no smoke detectors in the apartment complexes there, and that most windows can be swung open /both/ ways.

I'm all in for the designation shizz.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 am
StellaThomas says...

Guy there's no need for all that. @Demeter is clearly in the wrong here. All I'm saying is that we ban her and get on with our lives. Don't we have more important things to be discussing in this forum right now?

She's just jealous because I wore the dress better and I didn't have to make up a boyfriend. And that I'll be earning big bucks as a doctor. I get it, it's hard not to be jealous when you don't have a lot going for you - which Demeter doesn't. But she's being really toxic right now. She should just go and deal with her problems elsewhere.

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart