z

Young Writers Society

Favorite Event?

What was your top favorite event to enter?

Event 1: FanFiction Antics
No votes
Event 2: Go Away and Stay Away
19%
Event 3: Good Guys Finish Last
7%
Event 4: The Library of Imaginary Things
7%
Event 5: No E's
15%
Event 6: My Writer, The Character
7%
Event 7: Not Your Average Villanelle
No votes
Event 8: Fairy Tale Poetry
4%
Event 9: Me, Myself and... Challenge
11%
Event 10: The Scavenger Hunt
30%

Total votes : 27

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:43 am
Iggy says...

Step right up! Iggy needs your help! Please answer this poll and tell me what, exactly, you liked and/or didn't like about the Olympics. (Remember: be classy, not trashy)

Also vote for your favorite event, and don't be afraid to say why! When I say vote on an event, I mean: what was your favorite event to write an entry for?

And yes, I am limiting you to one vote, because I want to know your TOP FAVORITE. If you want to leave a reply and tell me your second/third/etc., please do so!

and yes, this is for Squills. >_>
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:23 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Am I allowed to vote for the event I helped create? :P
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:38 am
Iggy says...

Vote for whatever one you want to, Meshy! ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:15 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

The scavenger hunt was the only one I took part in in the end, so I voted for that - but I think it was such a wonderful mix of events and they were all great. :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:24 pm
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

I really liked them all, as all made me think and actually write something. (Well, besides the Scavenger Hunt.) I am notorious for not having a favorite anything-- not even a favorite color. I especially loved, though, the Villanelle, Me, Myself, and..., The No E's, and maybe the fairy tale poetry.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:27 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

A top favorite? That's a tough choice. I loved all of the events! And just 'cause I feel like it, here are my favorite things about each event...

Event One: Fanfiction Antics. I really like this because it helped me to kind of... um... tame my desire for Shadows Alive to come out. That's a planned novel by Orson Scott Card. It will tie up some lose ends from his books Shadows in Flight and Children of The Mind. I really loved both books and can't wait to read this one.
Event Two: Go Away and Stay Away. This was definitely not the kind of writing challenge I expected! But it required some serious creativity from it's winners, which made reading their entries quite enjoyable.
Event Three: Good Guys Finish Last. Something about stepping into the world of someone so evil is just quite pleasant.
Event Four: Library of Imaginary Things. This was wonderful because it helped me to discover a new way of developing my worlds. Just write news articles from that world! That is a technique I will probably be using for a long time because of this event.
Event Five: No E's. This was super hard. But it made me realize the importance of each letter in the English language, which only makes me love writing even more!
Event 6: My Writer, The Character. It was really fun to write. And it really helped me to get to know my character better, particularly sense the character I used is actually a pretty minor character in my current novel.
Event Seven: Not Your Average Villanelle. This was the first time that I tried writing a poem with a specific form. And I loved it!
Event Eight: Fairy Tale Poetry. This event made me think about my favorite fairy tale in an unusual way, from the viewpoint of the main characters father. Which in it's own way helped me understand the tale better. Not to mention there where quite a lot of really cool poems entered into this event.
Event Nine: Me, Myself, and... This was really fun! Mostly because I to try and imagine my wonderful sweet Butterscotch as a cat who wanted to leave his home. Which kinda made me sad. I love my Butterkitty!
Event Ten: Scavenger Hunt. This event inspired me to learn a lot of interesting things about YWS. Which I can later mention to make myself sound really old and awesome.

But even though they all where so great, I suppose I do need to pick a favorite. I think I'll go with Event Six. It was just really really fun to write. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:06 am
Rook says...

It was a tie between The library of imaginary things and the scavenger hunt. :)
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

Everything has a consequence and every consequence leads to death.
— kattee