z

Young Writers Society

Event 7: Not Your Average Villanelle - Results & An Apology

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:02 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

The results are in! But first I have to make a huge apology!

Thanks to a few wise poetic souls who pointed it out, it seems that I made an error in my explanation of villanelle structure. I left out an entire stanza, and there's really no excuse other than I messed up! My mistake will have no impact on my judging, so no fear! Everyone has been considered equally whether you had five stanzas or six in your poem.

And for anyone interested, the actual line structure is in the spoiler below!
Spoiler! :
A1
b
A2

a
b
A1

a
b
A2

a
b
A1

a
b
A2

a
b
A1
A2

And now onto the results! It was such a hard decision, because so many of you wrote really cool, really great poems! But winners have to be decided, and here they are:

BRONZE
@magpie94

SILVER
@niteowl

GOLD
@TakeThatYouFiend

Thanks so much to everyone that participated, and I apologize again for misleading everyone about the villanelle structure! Write on!
Got YWS?

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I is soooooooooo happy!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman