z

Young Writers Society

DT - Event 10: YWS Scavenger Hunt

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:59 am
Meshugenah says...

Incorrigible. I think that's the qualification to be red. Utterly, completely, and entirely.

ETA: If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, that's definitely an answer, and you don't have to give me proof for them.

(actually, I think I do have the entire list of double agents somewhere, all things considered)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 am
Snoink says...

XD

Another clarification question!

On what day was the original YWS e-zine published?

...are we talking about the email format, the PDF format (which was billed more as a e-zine and less as a newsletter, I think), or...?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:08 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

The original one ^^

(and, the first version of that question only said 'Zine; does that help? So, the very first)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 am
PiesAreSquared says...

....and I so have to miss out on this... I Can't Research!!
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

How many questions do I need to answer to have officially played a part? (and therefore get the "all ten events" trophy?)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:00 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Out of curiosity...will correct answers be posted after the fact? Some of these I really wasn't sure about and I'd like to know...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:34 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I was always taught that in a test…you should put an answer to every single question, like don't you DARE miss one out.

I have accomplished this task…even if some of them are outrageously wrong!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 pm
WritingWolf says...

For #10 in the bonus round, do you want the month & year that they became a JM or a GM? Does it matter?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:43 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

YAY! I sent my answers in! I felt SO victorious when I found the answer to the last bonus question. Probably the closest thing I'll ever know to finding the Holy Grail.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

433 Reviews

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Also, as well as my previous question, are the points merely to find a gold, silver and bronze who would get 3, 2 and 1 points respectively, or are they added to the existing point totals, thus meaning that the olympics is heavily biased to this last event?
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm
lostthought says...

Um, rival groups?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:53 pm
Storybraniac says...

Gosh! I know none of them. Well, only some of them.
Our thing progresses
I call and you come through
Blow all my friendships
To sit in hell with you
But we’re the greatest
They’ll hang us in the Louvre
Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.

- Lorde

In my head I do everything right

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:53 pm
Rydia says...

TakeThatYouFiend wrote:How many questions do I need to answer to have officially played a part? (and therefore get the "all ten events" trophy?)

@TakeThatYouFiend As long as you have answered at least one question and sent it to me then you will qualify for having entered the event!

niteowl wrote:Out of curiosity...will correct answers be posted after the fact? Some of these I really wasn't sure about and I'd like to know...

@niteowl I'm sure we could see around to doing that xD

WritingWolf wrote:For #10 in the bonus round, do you want the month & year that they became a JM or a GM? Does it matter?

@WritingWolf If you give us all of them you'll get the full points. If you give us one or the other... ;)

TakeThatYouFiend wrote:Also, as well as my previous question, are the points merely to find a gold, silver and bronze who would get 3, 2 and 1 points respectively, or are they added to the existing point totals, thus meaning that the olympics is heavily biased to this last event?

@TakeThatYouFiend These points are merely for this event so they will only be used to determine the gold, silver and bronze.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

433 Reviews

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:59 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Thanks!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:31 pm
Storybraniac says...

What does an internal e-zine mean?
Our thing progresses
I call and you come through
Blow all my friendships
To sit in hell with you
But we’re the greatest
They’ll hang us in the Louvre
Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.

- Lorde

In my head I do everything right

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie