z

Young Writers Society

Event 4: The Library of Imaginary Things - Results!

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Okay. So. You guys did not make it an easy job judging this one.

I could give you guys the customary 'well done for trying' speech, but I was genuinely blown away by how awesome all of these entries are. Thank you everyone who entered and made this so much fun to host!

So, drumroll! Ready for it?

The Gold Medal goes to @OliveDreams with A Guide For Making a Seriously Powerful Voodoo Doll. It's creative, well presented, and simply hilarious.

The Silver Medal goes to @BiscuitsBatchAvoy who took a chance with this review/transcript, Turntour Inn Review submittal, and it paid off with a great twist.

The Bronze Medal goes to @Joe who documented an alien invasion in thisUntitled Historical Excerpt that carries quite an impact.

I'll update with mentions on individual pieces soon!
We were born to be amazing.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:04 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! EEEEEEEEEEEEE! OOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!

*squeals with glee*

I've been waiting for this result for hours! SO happy! Thanks Tenyo. :D Amazing contest.

xoxox
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:42 pm
Joe says...

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Thank you so much. This was such a great contest. I was sick yesterday and had tons of homework so when I checked in there was only 30 minutes left! :shock:
Congrats to @OliveDreams and @BiscuitsBatchAvoy for besting me.
Time for my victory dance.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott