Young Writers Society

Event 4: The Library of Imaginary Things

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:01 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

The Library of Imaginary Things

Summary: The task at hand! To take something completely made up and write it in the style of non-fiction.

How to enter: Post in this topic.

Description: You could do a history report on happenings in a far away universe, an instructional cooking recipe using ingredients that don't exist, or even an advert for a product that has fallen out of some magic or sci-fi universe.

The piece can be between 350 and 2000 words, and the only criteria is that you have fun and make it up as you go!
We were born to be amazing.

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:05 am
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I knew there was a reason to still be up after midnight... :)

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:33 am
GreenTulip says...

Spoiler! :
Have you ever wonder what happened during the Lost Years of American History? Does it seem to be relevant to anything that has been taught thus far? Today is the day I am going to inform you of the years that America was overthrown by aliens.

Some of you may say "pfft. Aliens, sir, there are no things!" To that I will say that are there really no things such as aliens? What if you are an alien yourself- thinking yourself to be human.

This is what the alien takeover was. It was the reason why panic was spread not only across the country, but the world. the largest nation, falling to aliens, who make any other country nervous with sweat rolling down their backs. Russia would be shivering in their boots, while England would be attempting to hide behind their throne.

Two long years passed by, and aliens where the ones who took over office and made our laws. It was then that we staged a plot to overthrow them, and to become the one's who would be the rightful leaders of our country. the officials at the moment were unsure how many managed to get away, or if they had any children.

"But sir, that seems a little far fetched, don't you think?" you ask, your hand quivering in the air. Why no, darling, it is the truth. Many people don't believe in aliens, and that's what makes it worse off.

(So yes, aliens took over and it become known as the Lost Years)
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:46 am
GoldFlame says...

Accidently deleted it. I wasn't trying to claim a spot or anything; this was rewritten from scratch. :) I have a lot of spare time... Enjoy.

Spoiler! :
THE ULTIMATE GOOD PERSON RECIPE

Rated: Extremely Difficult
Yields: 1 person
Prep time: Months or years (depending on the quality of the ingredients)
Lasts for life.

Ingredients
2 cups enriched Benevolence
2½ tsp. Patience extract
1 cup Compassion
2 tbsp. Optimism zest
¾ cup Generosity
3 tsp. Honesty, melted
1 stick (¼ cup) Meekness, softened
½ cup Wisdom
1½ cups packed Selflessness
½ cup Trustworthiness
¼ cup Determination, toasted and chopped
¾ cup Loyalty
5 oz. Courage, drained and thawed

Steps

1) Set aside ½ cup Benevolence. Combine remaining Benevolence, Compassion, and Generosity in a large bowl. In an even larger bowl, cream Meekness and Selflessness. Gradually add the dry mixture. Dough may become stiff and difficult to stir. Using a wooden spoon, mix in Determination, Courage, Patience extract, and Optimism zest. Cover and refrigerate for a week.

2) Press evenly into a greased pan and dot with Honesty. Bake in 98.6-degree oven for several days, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack.

3) Combine Wisdom and Trustworthiness in a non-reactive saucepan. Stir constantly on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for several days. Then remove from heat and stir in Loyalty. The mixture will thicken as it cools.

4) Spread the cooled topping over the cooled Person. Dust with reserved ½ cup Benevolence.

Variations
Great Person: Add 1 cup Intelligence to dry ingredients, and increase amount of Courage to 2 cups.
Sweet Person: Add ½ cup honey, and increase Benevolence to 1¾ cups.
Good Friend: When boiling Wisdom and Trustworthiness, add Humor and Creativity to taste, and increase amount of Loyalty to 1 cup.
Best Friend: Stir generous ½ cup Common Interests into dry ingredients, and add ¼ cup Humor to boiled topping.

Nutritional value:
0 calories
59% smiles*
73% laughs*
*percent daily value. This is based off a 24-hr, moderately stressful day.

Reviews
Watson42: Worked excellent for me. I don’t know what you other people are doing wrong. Sherlock became jealous, started acting really sweet, and then gave up and murdered my Good Person.
SH: How dare you accuse me of acting sweet.
Watson42: I thought I changed my password…
Sméagol: We hates it. Tough and stringy.
Doctor9: Fantastic!
Doctor10: Molto bene!
Doctor11: This recipe is cool.

Click here to load more reviews.
Last edited by GoldFlame on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:58 am
Magenta says...

The Nation of Walstonia

Walstonia is a nation that was established during the Zyrn dynasty. It is situated on the eastern side of what used to be Europa, controlled by a totalitarian government, allowing no one else in or out of its boundaries that extend to what once was eastern Russia. Walstonia was formed after the Calta Revolt, a famous revolution over the Zyem Empire, causing worldwide tragedy. The revolution lasted for two whole centuries and ended when Sir Dell Zyrn marched his army across the European borders, taking over the land and establishing his capital. He formed a dictatorship but was overthrown by his trusted advisor, Aligar Sone, who eventually formed the totalitarian government that it is today. There are approximately 249.21 million people who live in the nation of Walstonia, the third largest country in the world. The main language spoken here is Kibble, spoken by over three quarters of the population. Kibble arose during the eleventh power of Senso the Great; developed originally for use in war. Kibble began to be a national language by the time the war was over and became the leading language before Zysy. Walstonia is known for its exceptional advances in technology, creating the first teleportation system, and advances in architecture as well. To public teleportation system was created fifty years after the founding of Walstonia and is still used today. Many prefer to use the Getta trains that travel at speeds up to three-hundred miles and hour and is far cheaper. Walstonia. If course, has its own currency, audiari, which in your time, would probably equivalent to three of your dollars. Walstonia has bee the hometown of many historical figures such as Galda Hopker and Dash Verden, Sernta is the capital of Walstonia. Walsonia is by far, the most advanced civilization yet to come.

To view more, please visit Walstonia's famous site on your online port or come for a visit, teleportation numbers are 258369 and are absolutely free of charge. Thank you for reading The Nation of Walstonia. This site will be closing in three...two...one.

That's about as far as I've really gotten. Enjoy. ;)
Spoiler! :
It's a tiny little mystery, that makes no sense to me...

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:28 am
Ventomology says...

Nothing says 'rich' like owning a Xenoran Fjord Goat. And the claim is rightly so, for these alien life forms require a tide as dynamic as those in the Fjords of Alaska. They roam freely on glaciers, nibbling dry ice like there's no tomorrow. It's really too bad that our glaciers are composed of plain water, because one Xenoran Fjord Goat requires thirty kilograms of dry ice per day, nearly one-fifth of the creature's body mass, and that's not exactly cheap once sublimation is factored in. Add on the rapid death of lone Xenoran Goats, and there's one expensive herd.
Shipped in from a planet in the far-off Whirlpool galaxy, Xenoran Fjord Goats cost around seventy-thousand dollars, plus an additional one hundred for each kilogram of mass. Because of distance, Xenoran Fjord Goats must be ordered very far in advance. Twenty-four years is the average wait time for the arrival of a goat, and these animals are only shipped once ordered. It isn't like twenty-four light years is a walk in the park after all.
In addition to extreme shipping and handling costs, plus the daily expense of dry ice and owning what is probably used only because of a high bribe to national park officials, Xenoran Fjord Goats are also hot in temperament and cause massive amount of damage to the natural environment here on Earth. After all, their home planet has double the gravity of ours, as well as mountains made a pure diamond, which ranks as a ten on the Mohs scale. With their normal being so much sturdier than ours, they can effortlessly bring down mountain ranges during a fight between their alphas. Such destruction can cost a pretty penny, so be warned, and make sure there aren't too many alphas in one place.
But while extraordinarily expensive to own here on Earth, it may be so that the best way to own a herd of Xenoran Fjord Goats is to move to their planet. It has been populated by scientists for twenty years come May, and is nearly ready to be colonized. Better get tickets fast, and reserve those goats. Who knows, maybe they're edible, and maybe the lucky millionare who gets a monopoly on them will be charging an arm and a leg just for what could be a common delicacy.
So, for all those planning on being copiously rich in the next twenty-four years, go ahead, buy a few goats. One can never know the outcome of a possible investment until the time has come, and the money's gone.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 am
Willard says...

This is a very weird, absurd short fiction.

Section 7: Disney's Reincarnation
By Strange

There has been many common myths. The biggest myth in this world is Walt Disney's body being saved, and many have said that it's not true. Until they heard about the December 17th Bear attack in The Sierra Nevada Mountains, then they were flabbergasted. It all started like any other vacation, obnoxious kids in their 20's having a ski trip.

On December 17th, 2014, three college students decided to take a ski trip in The Sierra Nevada's. On the way there, they knew something bad was going to happen. They got a gut feeling after eating some bad gas station Sushi. They decided to stop after their car got flooded by crows, almost got in a car crash 17 times, and saw 33 dead animals.

Once they got there, the hotel was nearly caught on fire by a snow overload. There was only three rooms left, and the others had to sleep in the main lobby. There was a small baby and her nine month pregnant mother, a starving bum, and many others in problem. Instead of raising their hands, they bull rushed to the rooms, not giving others a chance to get a room.

They get bored, thinking they have the worse of them all. Instead of sticking in their comfy rooms, they decided to go hiking. They walked seven miles up into the cold wilderness, and like every generic story, gets lost. They try looking for water in the nine inches of snow, but get nothing. One student walks off to look for help, finds help, and forgets about them.

They then see a bear. For some reason, one of them tackled it. In mid-tackle, the head of the bear gets taken off. It turns out to be Walt Disney himself, his face all morphed. The first thing they do is beat him with sticks and left to die. They were never seen again. Thinking about it, does this even exist?

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:21 am
Snowery says...

BREAKING NEWS!!!

A noble family have reported losing their pet dragon who was last seen guarding the family treasure last Friday afternoon. The 416 year old, male, red and gold dragon responds to the name “Tigger” and is toilet trained. The dragon is extremely large and does breathe fire so the public is warned to approach with caution. Signs that Tigger maybe in the neighbourhood are: blueberry pies disappearing from windowsills, giant claw prints and the missing odd sheep or two. If you suspect Tigger of being in your neighbourhood please refrain from cooking anything containing blueberries lest your house be trampled. Do not light bonfires either lest it be made bigger and burn down you town. There may be people attempting to steal Tigger to guard their own treasures, if you happen to witness this please call crime stoppers by sending a pigeon to you local police barn. It is considered a national offence and anyone caught doing so will be prosecuted and may have all of their property seized by the dragon's family. People who encounter the family pet are asked to be wary and to contact the Lazarius family immediately. If you have just finished baking blueberry pies or recently handled blueberries, do not under any circumstances approach it!

The Lazarius family are offering a very generous reward of 300 gold coins to the first person who reports the missing beast.

“Please help us find Tigger!” sobs a heartbroken Penelope, the youngest of the Lazarius family. “I miss him so much! Oh who knows if he's hurt or starving! If you listening Tigger please come home! I'll have blueberry cookies waiting for you!”

Lord Lazarius also had some words for the much loved pet, “Tigger, you better come home soon! Our treasure needs guarding!”

Clearly the pet is missed by people who love it very much. A good samaritan who could help identify and locate Tigger would be much appreciated and much richer by doing so.

Anyone with information is to send it via pigeon to the address: Lazarius Castle, Greenhill Ave, postcode 3674.
The World Is Mine.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:45 am
OrionRising says...

The Verbalization of Noses:

21st century texts show that the evolution of the verbalization of noses is strangely detailed yet highly overlooked in high school classes today. This presentation of a precise and accurate summary of the process has been provided to you by the Nose-hair Whistling Society:

The outbreak of evolution was most prominent in inner city societies located in the United States. The face-shoving tendencies of these people, driven by the the propogandic and wholly corrupt fast food associations, led to a significant decline in the availability of the mouth and tongue for use of verbalization of the human condition. Inevitably, the lack of expression took its toll on the human race. Driven mad by the silence of shoving their mouths with artificial meat and chemicals, America soon fell into an apocalyptic state. The incompetent communicational skills led to the accidental deployment of nuclear missiles which subsequently led the destruction of human life in Eurasia and Africa. After the horrific attacks, Australia went into a desperate state of lock down which they still assume today.

By the turn of the century the entirety of the Americas, the only remaining continents of human life, had been completely consumed by the now entirely self-sufficient, auto-piloted fast food industry. Survival of the fittest and the process of natural selection once again resumed in the human species.

In this distraught world communication was the most essential of the human processes. Though, due to the constant flow of fast food which entered the human mouth hole, humans were unable to communicate orally. Evidently, there existed in some humans the ability to use nose-hair to create distinguishable sounds. Soon, a language had formed between the nose whistling humans and they gained an upper-hand in the chaotic world. In 2242 the NWS (Nose Whistling Society) formed and united to form walls of immensely fat human bodies to restrict lesser humans from reaching the sources of fast food. War raged between those able to communicate and the fast-food-hungry, incompetent humans. For 2000 years man fought man. All the while, survival of the fittest ensured that those who could communicate the best survived most often. Eventually mutations in in nose-hair caused by chemicals of fast food led to tongue-like structures in the nose, giving the decedents of the NWS the capability of unhindered verbalization. In September of 4254, this won them the war as the last of the humans incapable of speech was ceremoniously killed.

Work Sited:

Luss, Reeddick U. "The Encyclopedia of Ridiculousness." The Encyclopedia of Ridiculousness. Nose Whistling Society, 1 Nov. 4922. Web.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 am
Seraphinaxx says...

This is my take on Clara leaving the doctor.

Spoiler! :
The First Question: Chapter 3, Memories of a companion*
The fabled Doctor, a man said to have saved many worlds. An enigma carved by time. But who is he really? It has been said that the best way to know a man is through the company he keeps.

Former companion Clara Oswald said of her goodbye from the Doctor:
He was sad, crying. The last time I saw him cry was just before his last regeneration**. I asked him why I had to leave and he said that now the time lords had returned I couldn't travel with him anymore. Because he had to go to Gallifrey*** and if I went with him the time lords**** would wipe my memories of him. I told him to come back for me and he said he would. But I knew then that he was lying. I could see it in his eyes. And I knew that this would be the last time I see him.

But to those hopefuls who still want to travel with him don't worry. Not everyone gets left behind. Some choose to leave. Martha Jones said:
From the first time I saw him I loved him. He had just saved the hospital and everyone on it, brought us back to earth. And while we were on the moon he kissed me and that's when I knew. I traveled with him for so long. But the person before me, Rose Tyler, was the only human he had ever truly loved. And eventually I knew I had to leave. I saw him again, but I managed to get on with my life.

Even those who are left behind still manage to have a good life. His original companion, and his granddaughter, Susan Forman had this to say:
We left Gallifrey together. Ran away and hid on earth. Then we had to leave, but two of my teachers came with us. We saw so much. My final adventure was during a Dalek***** invasion of earth. I fell in love with one of the rebels, David. I wanted to stay with him, but I didn't want to leave my grandfather. So he made the choice for me. He locked me out of the TARDIS****** and left without me. I cried, but I was happy with David. And now I know his choice was for this best and thank him for it.

So in the end, whether you leave or are left behind, traveling with the Doctor makes you a better person. What does that say about him? Well some people would say it makes him a good man. But in his own words: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. I suppose it's up to you what you believe about him. Let me conclude by saying that the universe would be a much darker place without the Doctor.

* Person who travels, or has traveled with the Doctor.
** An ability that allows time lords to escape death by changing their face
*** The home planet of the Time Lords
**** A race of aliens, their predominant difference from humans is their two hearts and ability to regenerate.
***** A race of genetically engineered life forms whose sole wish is to exterminate all other beings
****** The vessel that allows travel through the Time Vortex
Review for a review :)

Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you. Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:41 pm
AEChronicle says...

Chronicle here again for some ground breaking news that was just called in. It seems as if we have a very interesting thing happening in Tulsa Oklahoma. Here are some of the juicy bits:

Spoiler! :
Fifteen year old Casey Malloy, a celebrated athlete at the Charles Page High School, woke up early this morning into a very dark world, until she threw off her covers and was looking down the hall, from the other end of her body. When she got to her feet to go to the bathroom, the lights went out once again.

'At first I just screamed,' Casey said, 'Because I was confused. When I walked, it hurt, and I couldn't see where I was going so I started running into things and tripping. When I tried to rub my eyes, there was nothing there.'

Yes, Casey was the victim of a Gnome attack. These little, feisty creatures usually spend their time in the gardens, chasing rabbits and squirrels around, uprooting plants and what not, but, if provoked, they will enter a human's house and wreak havoc. No one knows the amount of magic they have, and the full extent of damage they can do, but we now have one more thing to add to the list.

Casey's mother, Sandy, said, 'After I rushed to her room, thinking she was seriously hurt, I couldn't talk because of what I was seeing. Or not seeing, as it was in this case. My little girl was clawing at her own face, and where her eyes should have been, it was just flat, smooth skin.'

It now appears that the Gnome did some sort of bippity-boppity-boo dance, stole her eyes from her face, and stuck them to the bottom of her feet. Casey was rushed to the hospital after her mother called 911, but, though strange and uncomfortable, the young girl wasn't in any serious trouble. I also think the doctors had no idea of what to do.

A similar case to this happened a few years ago, across the world in Kiev Russia, where an older male of 38 reportedly captured a legendary Psotnik, the Russian equivalent of an Elf. Unsurprisingly angry, the small creature escaped from the fish tank, trashed the man's apartment, and then proceeded to assault him. Once the fighting was over and the Psotnik left the establishment, the man found that all of his facial features were scattered around the rest of his body. One eye was even attached to one of his unmentionables. The authorities and top surgeons put their heads together, but, due to lack of funding and experience, they simply could not help the man.

But you will be glad to know that Casey's outlook is quite bright. England's top reconstructive surgeon has agreed to take on the job, and will be attempting a series of surgeries which will ultimately restore the girl's body back to normal, though a few minor symptoms may remain.

But it raises a very important question: Why did the Gnome do such a thing? At first, Casey was unwilling to admit that she had done anything wrong, but after a lot of pressure from her parents, she finally broke down and said, 'I was walking through the potato patch, and I saw this funny looking man with a really long beard digging up a potato. I yelled at him and told him to leave our stuff alone, but he just stuck his tongue out at me. So I kicked him over the fence.'

With that bit of information come to light, we can see the Gnome's reasoning. And so, the next time you are walking through the Petunia patch and find yourself with a sudden urge to dropkick a Gnome, or any other magical creature like it, you may want to think twice before continuing.
Last edited by AEChronicle on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:00 pm
rbt00 says...

Non-Fiction
Recipe Made By Raabia
How to make 'Oxygenated Pudding'

Ingredients

2 8oz packets of 'Muggle mix'
2 tablespoons of Jaba cream
10 cans of oxygenated water
8 oz. kuma
2 bottles of CFA acid
1 teaspoon of 'Yokewlxmama'
Little banila and mant juice

Steps
1)Put Muggle mix' in bowl and mix for about 5 minutes.
2)Add two tablespoons of Jaba cream into the bowl and beat until smooth.
3)Add 10 cans of oxygenated water to the bowl and mix until thick.
4)Add 8 oz. kuma and beat thoroughly.
5)Add 2 bottles of CFA acid to the mixture, with a little banila and mant juice.
6)Pour mixture with 1 teaspoon of 'Yokewlxmama' into ready crust and bake at 325ºF for about 40 minutes.
7) Enjoy your Oxygenated Pudding'
Raabia Tabassum

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

A news announcement, aired live at commemorative Urliand Pastir Museum

Spoiler! :
The pink elephants ability to fly has been its greatest quality. Throughout the years, many creatures have attempted it, with few making any real progress. For instance, the Dodo birds blew themselves up in the attempt to strap jets to their wings to acquire more lift. And of course, we all know about the Eroirn cows, who achieved jumping over the moon, only to fall into a black hole, reappearing in space five hundred years in the past. That was a sad day.

Such creatures are of myth, and so we cannot take any real answers from that. The only creature, besides the birds that have succeeded in flying has been the pink elephant.

These animals are large, just like their gray ancestors, but they have one quality that their ancestors didn’t have. Their ears become like wings, creating a Dumbo affect, but that isn’t all they can do! Scientists over the years have created a special new substance, one that can do many things. One of the things this stuff can do is make objects fly, similar to pixie dust, but of course without the side effects, which include general silliness and the desire to challenge pirates.

This substance is called the Uriond Pastlir, and it was named after its creator, an alien from a sub-planet in the Andromeda galaxy. Such a substance was sold to earth for a great price, so great it was that the alien demanded in payment one hundred trillion dollars, and of course a coffee mug.

The American government has made a contract with this alien. He is to make this substance permanently on earth. With this substance in the American’s power, all may be lost. They will have the ability to make huge ships fly through the sky, lift entire skyscrapers and move them across the world, and worst of all, they can mount guns to those said pink elephants and cause massive destruction.

Side effects include: General rowdiness, the ability to fly, turning pink, getting big ears, having a nasty temper, as well as acquiring a sense of Lanritn that will help you throughout your travels.

This is timmyjake, reporting live at the Uriond Pastlir memorial museum. I hope to see you next time, but until then, have a wonderful day, and don’t think about the possibility of pink destroying elephants flying over your town!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm
Blackwood says...

A Brief Account of the Studies of George Henrich

Spoiler! :
A Brief Account of the Studies of George Henrich

___The state of scientific development has advanced greatly over the past few centuries, and it still continues to grow at an exponential rate, however many key scientists to the cause are often overlooked and lost within history.
___One particular man that falls under this category is George Henrich, and professor at a Scottish university in earlier centuries around the same time as Darwin himself was making his expeditions. Henrich may have gone unnoticed, but his contributions to modern scientific discovery still linger today.
___What Henrich was most renowned for was his discovery of a rare and now extinct breed relating to the Equus ferus caballus. It was a stout creature, and its bones were preserved and shipped back with Henrich to Scotland but were soon lost within the attics of his family fire.
___The creature, commonly known as the ‘eating pony’ by the indigenous people of its native island, was a form of small horse. It’s key difference to our usual species was its dental arrangement, as it has very peculiar sets of teeth, resembling those much like the common canine.
___The discovery of this creature as such, lead to forms of challenges and dispute across the scientific world. Firstly the animal was considered dangerous or unnatural, so several fleets of Scottish troops were commissioned to eradicate the species. This was not to Henrich’s agreement, and in the process of human fear, and their consolidation in deny the unexplainable, they wiped out the population of the ‘eating ponies’ far enough down to stunt their breeding and this gradually die out.
___Despite this tragedy Henrich continued the study the beasts until the end of his days, taking back with his the skull, and the mummified head of several of the animals. Unfortunately the great breakthrough of his research has gone significantly unrecognised, and this breakthrough discovery was lost in history.
___The fact of Henrichs discovery raises many questions for the modern man, such as why did this animal, of relation to herbivorous beasts, have the jaws built for hunting. Could the animal itself be responsible for the deaths of so many humans who mistook it for a common pony? These questions remain unanswered as they were sent to their graves by the kilt-wielding hooligans, forever to be forgotten.
___

Sources:
Sites:
www.wipikedia.com
www.veryreliablesources.org
http://Scottishgov.com/secretfiles
www.eatingpony/interestingfacts/henrich.html
http://Scottishgov.com/oinio.kpk?=onion ... 57&p=53558
Books:
The biography of George Henrich, published by Gombo Press lmtd, 1987, written and edited by Fiona Cathedawrn.
Rare horse species, published by A&S Publishing House, 2001. Variety of authors.
Last edited by Blackwood on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm
FatCowsSis says...

A short, but informational article about the Sea Pegasus.
Spoiler! :
The Sea Pegasus (Equus ferus aves ichthyoid) is an astounding creature. Unlike the Pegasus of the Greek myths, the Sea Pegasus can not only soar through the air, but can also skim over the surface of the sea, as well as completely submerge into the blue. This majestic creature has lungs as well as gills, making it possible to stay immersed underwater for long periods of time. However, just as amphibians must remain moist, the Sea Pegasus must take time to stretch out its wings and glide through the sky.

The wings of this creature are 7 feet each, and lined with feathers. The body of the bird is similar to a horse, but a major difference is that many bones are hollow, making the Pegasus much lighter and increasing its ability to fly. Scientists have yet to determine the origin of this creature, but assume that it is an unique breed of horse. However, others argue that it must be a bird-like creature because of its hollow bones. Another group suggests that it must be a fish, for it has gills. But the fourth group suggests that the Sea Pegasus is a type of dinosaur. They believe that since this beast can fly and swim, as well as traverse across the land, it must be some type of dinosaur since they have never seen such a creature.

Even as scientists struggle to grasp the concept of this unique species, the beast shows more and more about its habits everyday. This creature is an omnivore, feasting on plants and algae as well as birds and mice. The Pegasus has also showed signs of devouring larger mammals, such as the lion, which poses a huge question in science: Will the predator become the prey?

Contrary to being a powerful hunter, the Sea Pegasus also protects its young and nurtures them. Like dinosaurs, the Pegasus' take care of their own and would kill to keep one another safe. This factor also baffles science, as it seems as though one Pegasus can tell when another is in danger and faces a threat. Although we have never seen the species fight, we have determined their battle cry to be a loud, piercing call that sounds for miles, reverberating through the ears of all who hear. Their call is so shocking, it sometimes petrifies those who hear it temporarily.

The habitat of this creature has no set place. Although most are found in Iceland and Greenland, the Sea Pegasus has no set habitat. It travels frequently, making it harder to keep eyes on. This magnificent beast has so far shown little to no signs of sleeping, and scientists believe that they might hibernate, and conserve their energy.

Scientists continue to unravel the mystery of the Sea Pegasus and come across new discoveries everyday. For now, we wait and watch to see how the Pegasus reacts, and see what it will do next.
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang