Young Writers Society

Event 1: Fanfiction Antics Results

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

Wow.

Let me just start by saying that everyone did a wonderful job. You all wrote your stories so well, I even had to do some research on television shows and books that I haven't read or seen yet just to make sure I completely understood them.

I honest to God wish that I could give all of you first place, but sadly, I can't. *goes off and cries in a corner*.

I read each and every one of them over and over and over again, trying to decide which ones would make the top three. It's been one of the hardest competitions that I have ever judged. I really had to look at some of the smallest things to make decisions.

But thank you for making my job so hard. That means that you did really well.

But unfortunately, I can't give everyone the awards.

And so, without further ado, here are the top three winners.

FIRST PLACE (Gold, three points)

@AEChronicle

SECOND PLACE (Silver, two points)

@AfterTheStorm

THIRD PLACE (Bronze, one point)

@Tortwag

Congratulations to our Top Three, and I would also like to give a shout out to all of our participants since, to me, they are all winners simply for applying!

@Iggy
@megsug
@BlueAfrica
@magpie94
@Blackwood
@GreenTulip
@ZLYF
@thegirlwhowrites
@NightWolf
@OliveDreams
@fortis
@manisha
@SparkToFlame
@Storybraniac
@defyinggravity01
@Elinor%20Brynn
@WritingWolf
@racket
@Kanome
@Strange
@TakeThatYouFiend
@Winchester
@GreenLight24
@JackSkinner
@TimmyJake
@rhiasofia
@UshertheThird
@Stellabeam

You guys are all amazing, even more so because you decided to enter my wacky event.

:)
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 pm
OliveDreams says...

Congratulations, you guys! There really were some outstanding entries! Never thought I'd be one to get into Fanfiction…now I can see all of the benefits!

Plus..it's so darn fun!

Thanks @KnightTeen for an amazing event!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I... I... I'm... I'm in the TOP THREE???!!!

I have no words... I have no words to express how proud I feel! Carnassial is one of the best villains I've ever followed through a book, and the fact that using him made me in the top 3 of this first event... God! I really feel great now, I didn't expect this at all.

It might be meaningless or completly ignored, but I would like to thank Kenneth Oppel for making the awesome character that is Carnassial, and I'm happy that the judges liked my piece of work despite the obvious typos there were.
Wow. Oh and congrats to @AEChronicle and @AfterTheStorm , your stories were awesome :D

Thank you so much. I mean it.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:00 pm
View Likes
AEChronicle says...

Wow, I'm surprised. To be honest, I thought my submission was pretty dumb. Thanks.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:38 pm
View Likes
Blackwood says...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO My Dora was in vain................
*Dies.*
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 pm
View Likes
Kanome says...

Well, I tried my best ^^ that's what counts.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe