z

Young Writers Society

DT - Event 2: Go Away and Stay Away!

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:01 am
Deanie says...

The discussion thread :)

Post any questions you have, or just general comments on what is happening!
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I gotta say... This is the weirdest and most unexpected writing event I've ever actually seen, but I'm gonna try to "ban properly" anyway XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 am
View Likes
Nate says...

A lot of people are checking the Word of the Week posts at Writing Gooder! So here's a direct link to the WotW column:
http://www.writinggooder.com/category/w ... he-week-2/

Good luck!

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:01 am
Willard says...

The WotW Column is great

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:39 am
AEChronicle says...

I couldn't agree more! I've actually learned a few things from there in the past few weeks.

Question: What happens if you use all of the words?
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:46 am
ongoeslife says...

What happens if you post something specifically addressed to a certain person, but someone comments before you?

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:48 am
Willard says...

@ongoeslife , that happened to me three times. It should notify you that a person posted that before you

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

205 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:37 am
AEChronicle says...

It does. When you click the 'Submit' button, it displays a message that tells you that someone posted before you, shows you their post, and then asks if you still want to submit your post.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:09 am
Abhilash007 says...

Can you brief about what we are supposed to write there..??i mean which type..??

1634 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:34 am
Deanie says...

@AEChronicle If you use all the words... well then you have an awful lot of extra points and increases your chances at winning those points.

@Abhilash007 What you have to do is write a message to the person who posted before you and tell them they are not allowed to be here. You can tell them in any way you want, without using strong language. The more creative, the better! Also, for extra points you should use words from Writing Gooder (the YWS blog)... Nate posted a link to the column in this thread, so if you scroll up you should see it. Hopefully this helps you understand :)

Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 pm
Ventomology says...

I read through all of the posts, and well... I think the words of the week are being overused. They all feel sort of forced, and many of the posts sound the same, because people aren't using their own figures of speech to replace them with the same words that everyone else is using.

And there ends my rant... Sorry if I offended any of the other competitors.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:45 pm
WritingWolf says...

I'm going to assume that it's okay for me to post, and then edit that post with my actual ban to prevent people from posting something while I'm typing. Please correct me if this is wrong. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

1634 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:11 pm
Deanie says...

No that is fine @WritingWolf

@Buggiedude2340 It's just a bit of fun you know ;) And a chance for people to learn new words. You don't have to use them, it's just bonus points. And of course, the more natural the sound, the more it helps your chances of winning. Try and pick less appearing word of the weeks for more variety too...

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:16 pm
Magenta says...

I feel like everybody is using the same words. Spice it up people! ;)
Spoiler! :
It's a tiny little mystery, that makes no sense to me...

205 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:52 pm
AEChronicle says...

Lol, everyone will use the same words as I do.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling