z

Young Writers Society

Squires' Dormitory

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:35 am
View Likes
Squirtlepowiee says...

I am but a lowly page and would like to become a squire! I pledge my duty of defeating reviews! I am Squirtlepowiee and I swear with the utmost sincere heart to remain loyal to all Knights.
When I was in English, my teacher look in my direction and said, "Name two pronouns." I replied, "Who, me?" :wink:

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:04 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I would like to be a Knight of the Green Room!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm
View Likes
pensive says...

I would like to be a Knight of the Green Room.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:02 pm
View Likes
manilla says...

Hi! I am Squire Manilla, currently attempting to slay them Green Room beasts under @LadyLizz's guidance ^^
Pronouns: she/they

From the wild manila folder of YWS's office.

When the last tree has fallen
And the rivers are poisoned
You cannot eat money

I do reviews: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=108365

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Welcome Squire @manilla! Good to see that you've joined this noble order and it looks like you just have a few more Reviews to conquer before achieving the honorable rank of Knighthood.

You are under wise guidance if you're in correspondence with @LadyLizz - she knows the lands of the Green Room well and has managed not to gravely upset the Commander yet in her years of service here!

I wish you perseverance and bravery as you defeat those last few foes! And if you see any fellow Squires in need of a second set of Training Knives, assistance, or direction, kindly direct them here to the dormitory - Knights come by now and again to make sure all is well here. :)

Huzzah!!

-Knight Alliyah
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm
View Likes
manilla says...

Thanks, @alliyah! :smt003
Pronouns: she/they

From the wild manila folder of YWS's office.

When the last tree has fallen
And the rivers are poisoned
You cannot eat money

I do reviews: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=108365

1227 Reviews

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:23 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations to the new Knights in our ranks who've graduated from being Squires! @Lives4Christ24, @soundofmind, and @WritingPrincess (apologies that these congratulations are a bit delayed)!

And a big welcome to our newest squire - @Scrivener!

Remember, if any Squires (or non-KOTGR members) have any questions about how Knights of the Green Room works, or how to log or anything like that, this is a good thread to put those questions. :)

- Knight Alliyah

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 pm
View Likes
shaniac says...

Squire Shaniac here, slaying to become a knight!
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

1227 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:02 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Wonderful Squire Shaniac (@shaniac) welcome to our order! Here is your very own set of Training Knives. Once you have slayed 10 Green Room pieces and logged them bring announcement of your victories to the Great Hall. If you have any questions, the Squire's Dormitory is a great place to bring them. :)

-Knight Alliyah

Spoiler! :

Here is the recommended coding you can use for recording your Green Room Reviews in your Log. :)

Code: Select all
[b]For Knighthood[/b]
1. *copy and paste review link here*

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:13 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Lo! Valiant knights of verdant plains, I request the title of Squire Coffee ~

(Also, this might’ve been asked before, but is there a time limit for the 10 Green Room reviews?)

1227 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:20 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Huzzah! Greetings Squire Coffee (@coffeecat) it is good to have you in our midst, you are now officially a Squire! The limit on the 10 Green Room reviews is they must be made after you've asked to be a squire but you can take how ever many days or years the task takes you.

When you have 10, place them in a log (template in under the spoiler in my last post) and then bring the link to the log over to the Great Hall and ask to be knighted! The commander will then check over your records to see that everything is in order to recieve your Knighthood.

If you have any questions along the way, bring em here. Oh! And you'll be needing these : here's your set of training knives to assist you for now. Be careful with them - many Squires have mistaken them for dinner cutlery.

- Knight Alliyah

1227 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Welcome to the newest Squire @Oxara! I heard The Commander say something about Squire Orientation, so here I am!

Basically to become a Knight of the Green Room all you need to do at this point is do 10 more Green Room reviews (they have to have been completed after you've been made a Squire) post them in a log (preferred formatting is under the spoiler) and then go ask to be knighted in the Great Hall once that is accomplished. If that doesn't make sense or you have any questions feel free to bring them over here.

Oh also! You've gotten your training knives from the Commander - please be careful with those, and take care not to lose them.

Hope all of you other Squires are doing well too (@Coffeeism, @TheWeirdoFromBeyond, @Danni88, @shaniac)! If you need any help figuring out KotGR stuff out, let me know, I'd be happy to assist. But feel free to take your time, you can accomplish those first 10 GR reviews at any pace that works for you.

-Knight Alliyah

Note for Squire Oxara
Spoiler! :

Here is the recommended coding you can use for recording your Green Room Reviews in your Log. :)

[b]For Knighthood[/b]
1. *copy and paste review link here*

1227 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Squire Oliver (@Cloudkid) welcome to our midst! Lady Lizz informs me that you have received your Training Knives already, if you need any help figuring out any of the Knights of the Green Room processes, please bring your questions here.

You'll also find the suggested formatting for creating your Review-Log under the spoiler above - although all Knights are encouraged to take whatever artistic liberties they see necessary.

Good luck on your reviewing journey! And welcome to the club!

-Knight Alliyah

1227 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:22 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations to @jster02 and @Cloudkid for becoming official Knights!

Also welcome to our newest Squire @paperforest - if you have any questions bring them here. Basically to become a knight you need to collect 10 new Green Room Reviews and record them in your log - the preferred format is below:

Spoiler! :

[b]For Knighthood[/b]
*description of your journey if you desire*
1. LINK TO REVIEW

Good luck on your review journeys! Oh! And almost forgot - here are your Training Knives you'll find that they will serve you well for the first few reviews, but take care not to leave them in unattended in the Green Room - Squires have been known to misplace them time and again.

Huzzah!

- Court Magician Knight Alliyah

1227 Reviews

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations to Knight Coffeeism (@Coffeeism) for moving on up to knighthood! Huzzah!

And a big welcome to Squires @Zeltornintha, @Pomeroy, & @Liberty who've recently began the journey to knighthood.

Here's your set of Training Knives for getting those first 10 Green Room Reviews accomplished.

And as a reminder once you've collected 10 reviews you'll need to record them in a log (thread) in the KotGR forum.

Our suggested format is below:
Spoiler! :
[b]For Knighthood[/b]
*description of your journey if you desire*
1. LINK TO REVIEW

Feel free to bring any questions over to the Squires Dormitory and someone should be along to answer them.

Huzzah!

- Court Magician Knight Alliyah

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman