z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Wed May 27, 2020 7:05 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Knight Querencia stomps breathlessly through the door, her hair having grown several inches longer whilst out adventuring.

"Though it has been many a month since I set out, I have at last earned my coat of arms!"

She places her records on the table and turns back to the door to continue in her slaying of beasts.
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:35 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

It had been some weeks since any member of the Commander's Court had entered the Great Hall, in part because of social distancing guidelines, and also reviewing missions had brought each to different sections of the Green Room - fighting foes and assisting authors. But the Great Hall had not been silent in their absence, no, an eager assortment of Knights had brought their well-earned logs and awaited patiently for their rewards.

The doors burst open, with the sound of loud bickering.

"For the very last time, it is not in my job description to take care of any animals outside of the Knights Horses. No dragons. No chickens. No golden geese. No silly reptiles or mischievous rodents. We don't even have the right resources!" shouted Grounds Consultant Perks (@EditorAndPerks)

Court Magician Alliyah (@alliyah) and Captain of the Guard Jack (@CaptainJack) exchanged looks. Knight Alliyah shifted the raccoon (@ReviewBuddy) in her arms as it continued to try to escape - and Captain Jack adjusted the small helmet upon the Tortoise's head.

"Well that may be Fraey, I mean Perks, but we also can not keep these guys in the castle. Remember what happened last time" said Knight Alliyah.

"How many buckets of gold do you think it would take to extend our stables to provide adequate housing for these critters?" asked Captain Jack, starting to make tallies on notepad.

Just then Knight Perks looked up seeing the growing group of Knights in front of them, "Oh! Uh Alliy, Jack, we need to continue this conversation at another time - it looks there are awards to be given out."

Knights Querencia and Liberty (@Que, @Liberty) stepped forward first with long lists of reviews on their logs. CaptainJack made a few customary check marks in their own records while Knight Perks brought up the paperwork, "Once you've gotten your Coat of Arms designed please bring this form back so that the castle artisans can get to work emblazoning it on the proper records and materials. Congratulations to you both for this impressive victory!"

"It looks like we have a new Squire, @LittleLee, from this day forth you shall be known as Squire LittleLee you'll find your Training Knives and some company over at the Squires Dormitory. We eagerly await your the day you bring back 10 green room reviews for your knighthood."

Now Knight Alliyah, who was generally charged with making sure the Squires didn't stab each other or the castle decor with the Training Knives motioned for @Gravitem of Gonzor, @Whatchamacallit, & @Hkumar forward. They stepped on top of the green carpet and then each kneeled after handing CaptainJack their logs.

The Knight Pep Band hushed their lutes and horns and Knight Alliyah spoke again, "Squires Grav, Loonzy, and Kumar you have shown yourself to be worthy warriors in the Green Room, it is my honor to charge you with The Commander's (@KotGRCommander) challenge to each of us - from this day forth you are to defend the Green Room with bravery and bring honor to the Knights of the Green Room! Rise now, for shall now be known as Knight Myth, Knight Loonzy, and Knight Kumar!"

A great blast of noise was submitted from the Knight Band, and all the members of the Court and Knights gathered shouted, "Huzzah!"

Suddenly, Grounds Consultant Perks looked panicked at Knights Alliyah and Jack, "Where did the Raccoon and Tortoise go?! Weren't you just holding them!?"

The three disorganized court members let out a collective sigh, bid their goodbyes, then ran to summon a castle search-party.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:35 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Squire Lee walked boldly into the hall. "I have slain ten beasts, and come now to claim my knighthood!"
He cast down the bounties on each beast. Log of Lord LittleLee
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm
View Likes
manilla says...

Squire Manilla bursts into the hall in a tired frenzy, holding up her list of reviews. "To a Coat of Arms! Knight Manilla wishes for a Coat of Arms after two years and a hundred reviews!" She sits down, somehow relieved that she managed to complete such a feat. At least something has been done...
Pronouns: she/they

From the wild manila folder of YWS's office.

When the last tree has fallen
And the rivers are poisoned
You cannot eat money

I do reviews: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=108365

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:30 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Knight Loonzy enters the Great Hall, out of breath and heavily laden with reviews, which she lays gingerly upon the table. "A shield! A helmet! A horse! Some armour!"
After pausing a moment for a breath, she adds, "Please could my loyal steed be bay?"
Then she turns to embark once again upon the forest of green works.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:00 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Knight Myth of the Mist bows before those in higher command. He says, "My lords and ladies; I must say that I have slain too many dark things, with these hands that know neither sword nor shield. Might I ask that I be provided with these?"
The name's Myth.

278 Reviews

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:39 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Lee pulls out more bounties. "Ah. I must lay claim to a sword, helmet and shield as well."
Last edited by LittleLee on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:22 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A cold wind blows through the hall. The temperature drops alarmingly. The light appears to dim. A swirling vortex of energy appears. Out steps a figure wrapped in darkness. The portal closes behind him.

"I am Harry Hardy, I would like to become a squire and eventually a knight. I hope you are not opposed to adding members of the Underworld to your ranks."

He looks around cautiously then facepalms as if remembering something. He waves his hand and the temperature and light return to normal.

As he waits another cold wind blows through the hall. The same events take place again as another figure wrapped in darkness steps out.

"I'm here to..."he begins but splutters to a stop as he sees that there's another version of himself," Uhh.. who are you?"

"I might ask the same question," the first figure replies," I'm waiting to be accepted as a squire."

"Ohh...I came to claim knighthood," the second figure replies," See here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain.

"Ohh...I guess I was never accepted so we both turned up at the same time," concludes the first figure.

"Well you wait to be recognized as a squire. I'll wait for the knighthood," suggests the second figure.

"Deal."

Barely 12 hours later a third figure appears this time bearing another scroll

"WHAT?" demand the first two figures in unison.

"Hi guys. I came to ask for a sword. Here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain.

"So quickly," asks Harry 1

"Yeah I literally got here today," adds Harry 2.

"I know. The beast were particularly docile today," replies Harry 3," Anyway I'd like a sword. Preferably a katana or a nodachi but I'd settle for a longsword."

The three of them sit on the floor to wait till someone from the castle notices them.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:23 am
View Likes
mythh says...

Knight Myth rushes in and bows before the Court Mage @alliyah and Captain of the Guard @CaptainJack.

"We are closer than ever. I request an assembly of the knights and face this immortal foe at his weakest."
The name's Myth.

278 Reviews

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:42 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Lee raises and eyebrow. "I am knight in all but name, Sir Myth, so I will aid you."

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:02 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander entered the Great Hall following a trail a Golden Feathers until they reached the front where Knight Liberty (@Liberty) was holding up her prized Golden Goose above her head despite the bird's loud honks and squawks that rivaled even the Knight Choir's volume.

Huzzah! Another Goose has been found, I had hoped for such when I saw the trail of Golden Feathers from the Green Room! I hope this means the Green Room has been emptied! Thank you to all Knights that have participated in clearing the Green Room - we will need as many recruits as possible to join The After Watch in the next days to try to keep the Green Room under 15 works. Let's see if we can break our record from 2017 of 14 days shall we?

Oh! I must not forget! I come with badges! You'll notice the court are still absent... it seems that a Raccoon and Tortoise have been lost somewhere in the castle, and the Raccoon in particular has a history of causing mischief so the court is out trying to find them. Anywho the show must go on, let's get to the rewards!

I'll first give an important reminder to all Knights: please leave a link to your log, for easy reference when you claim your badges, and make sure your logs count how many Green Room reviews total that you're doing, don't renumber for each badge it is too taxing on our court counters and record keepers any other way.

Now would Knight @manilla please come forward! It's not every day we get to approve one of these, you are now entitled to carry your own Coat of Arms the Castle Artisans will be waiting for you to bring forward your design and look forward to seeing it carried around the Green Room! Huzzah!

Next I had to bring a few other Senior Knights, @EternalRain and @ShadowVyper, to assist me in carrying all these treasures... for Knight Loonzy (@whatchamacallit) I give you a shield, a helmet, and some armour! And for Knight Myth (@Gravitem) we also grant you a shield and a sword to replace your Training Knives - be careful with the sword, it's a good deal sharper than the knives! Alright I think that's everything there.

Knight Loonzy let out a quick cough to get The Commander's attention, "well, actually Commander, I think you'll find, I have also earned a horse!"

Oh right! A horse! Not something to forget! You will find the horse in the castle stables, Grounds Consultant @EditorAndPerks has been taking good care of the steed, we just ask that when you've chosen a name for this might companion that you inform us for records and insurance purposes!

Now let's see what we have left, oh yes! would Squire Lee (@LittleLee) and Squire Harry (@HarryHardy) please make your way forward. While I was unable to come to the castle at an earlier time to officially recognize you both as Squires, I have heard tell of your accomplishments in the Green Room and am eager to be here to celebrate those achievements today.

The Squires knelt and bowed their heads, while the Commander spoke again, "Squires, you have fought bravely in the Green Room and offered many a review to an author in need, but now you are called to a greater mission - to represent the Knights in the Green Room and to Review with boldness, kindness, bravery, and honor - please rise and be recognized here-forth as Knight Lee and Knight Hardy! For your contributions so far, I also give you each a sword with which to defend yourself, and to Knight Lee a shield and helmet. Three cheers for the Knights!

hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!

Ah it does my heart well to see all these knights defending the Green Room. I hope you all join the After Watch and if you need me, I'll be retiring to the Library for some story-telling for a bit. Sometimes it's good to get a little rest before joining the fray again.

Huzzah!

- The Commander

4074 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A cold wind once more blows through the hall. A figure steps out of the darkness. He walks to the middle of the hall.

"It is I, Knight Hardy." The figure kneels.

"I have come to claim my shield," he continues," Here is thine proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

278 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Court magician @alliyah , I request a Green Girdle; @soundofmind, @Gravitem and I reviewed at the same time apparently, and I ended up slower than them, so...

His questionable love

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:57 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

Knight Kumar was busy in the battle of Green room and seeks apology for the delay. He has come to request the Commander to grant him a sword for future conquests. Kumar's review log
I only put my signature on big cheques.

4074 Reviews

Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:16 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A cold wind blows through the hall. The temperature drops alarmingly. The light appears to dim. A swirling vortex of energy appears. Out steps a figure wrapped in darkness. The portal closes behind him.

"Hello, I'm back. I believe I have acquired enough heads from the same type of green beast to be presented with a village. The evidence can be found here: Hardy's Hall of the Slain"

"Wait come one man, you have got to stop coming in multiple version of yourself," says a voice, another version of Knight Hardy eagerly awaiting a shield."'

Here we go again.

"Aha...it is three Hardy's now," comes another voice as another Harry steps out of a vortex of energy.

"Well the wait is long, I guess," replied Harry 2
"True" agrees Hardy 3," Anyway I have come to claim my helmet. Here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain"

"And the wait continues," says Hardy 1.

The other two Hardy's nod in agreement.

Just as they three of them are getting bored sitting in the hall waiting yet another version of Knight Hardy appears.

"Greetings, Losers!!" he says," I have more reviews that the lot of you. I can know ask for a trusty steed. Here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain ."

"Hey watch who you calling a loser," says Hardy 1 jumping to his feet.

"Yeah, you might be me but I can sti..." begins Hardy 2 before he is cut off by Hardy 3.

"Please stop shouting all of you. This looks like it's going to be a long wait and I don't want to listen to the three of you bickering the whole time."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red