z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 pm
View Likes
Pomeroy says...

I think this is where I am to announce my desire for squire-hood! And now to begin recording my personal triumphs
"They comprehend but they do not understand."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:06 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

A baffled Squire Coffee, surely haunted by that vivid hue of the Green Room tab after staring it down for many a moon cycle, stood outside the Great Hall entrance with brows furrowed at the proof of her accomplished thwarting of ten greenly foes therein her clutches. If not for her entrenched silence, she might have remarked, "What witchcraft be present that thy live to behold such a feat?"

The squire by name of popular beverage may have remained unmoving for hours, perhaps days. Some say she is still rooted to that spot in disbelief of her first knightly victory, and thus inspired a superstitious custom of touching her head for luck in knightly endeavours. Yet eventually a superior official took pity on her and took up her request for knighthood – alas, not before tripping over her in the grand doorway with mighty clamour.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Knight Buggie's Boisterous Adventures

It's been a long and winding road, filled with a few too many stops at luxurious inns and places to eat, but I've finally rescued enough fair reviews to claim my chest of gold!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

Reviews: 1
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Spoiler! :
A steady drumming was sounding outside of the castle walls - not quite the drumming sound of a new round of LMS starting, no, this sound could not be mistaken - it was the clip-clop sound of the Commander's horse galloping towards the castle.

Knight WritingPrincess (@WritingPrincess) shook Squire Coffee (@Coffeeism) who was resting quietly by the Knight's Cafe, right outside the caution tape that had been put up over the Great Hall's entrance months earlier. "The Commander is coming back!"

Other Knights and Squires started stirring as news spread around the castle, of the Commander's return. Court Magician @alliyah made a few hurried check marks tallying up a list of reviews, "it appears we've not only made it to 100 reviews towards clearing the rubble, but we've made it to 125!" Captain of the Guard @LordWolf wiped her dusty hands across a handkerchief, "there was a lot of rubble there, hopefully those last reviews did the trick though."

Suddenly, The Commander atop his trusty horse rounded the corner of the castle, breaking through the caution tape, and over-turning the "closed for construction" sign, the horse continued galloping right to the doors of the Great Hall.

"Grand news Knights and Squires! Your brave efforts have accomplished clearing the rubble for Main Challenge Four The Great Hall is officially re-opened!

A huge thank you to Knights @Rydia, @alliyah, @FlamingPhoenix, @Dossereana, @Toboldlygo, @ShadowVyper, @LordWolf and @Fraey for their extra efforts in completing the requirements for the challenge. Let us make our way to the newly cleared Tower!"

The Knights and Squires filed behind The Commander excitedly following inside the Hall that had been closed for many months. Brushing away a few cobwebs from the stairwell they made their way up to the Tower that had been cleared revealing....

The Knights of the Green Room Library Collection ! Many praised and valuable works had been filed among the shelves once lost among the rubble and a few shelves looked ready to keep newly written works.

Before we celebrate the recovery of these ancient works, there are a few matters here to settle -

@Zeltornintha and @Pomeroy you are officially Squires if you are still interested in being one.

@jster02 I hope your arm is healing up, in the meantime here's a shield to prevent future injuries. Also Knight Oliver @LordStar here's a sword to replace those training knives.

Knight Phoenix @FlamingPhoenix I'll toast to your victories, here's a jeweled chalice that belongs to you!

Oh and Knight Buggy, @Ventomology, you'll find that this coupon is good for one chest of gold that you'll be able to withdraw from the castle bank-holdings at your convenience.

Lastly, Squire Coffeeism and Squire Killara (@Toboldlygo) it is my great honor to welcome you to the Knighthood! Not only have you helped us clear the rubble, but you have met all requirements for being Knighted. You are hereby both Knights!

I am also formally commissioning Knight Fraey to our court, you are now officially Castle Grounds Consultant of the Court responsible for keeping up the Castle Grounds to prevent this sort of rubble mess happening in the future. Thank you for all of your diligent work, Huzzah!

*coughs* Now that all that business is taken care of - I present this poem in honor of this joyous occasion! Let us celebrate

The Grand Re-Opening of the Great Hall!

Knight BlueAfrica made her way over to the neon "open" sign in the front window of the Great Hall and reconnected the wire to the outlet, and the office squires busied themselves dusting the Hall to prepare for the re-opening party while all Knights grabbed mugs of fruit-punch.

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:01 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight FlamingPhoenix once again ran into the Great Hall, her face and sword were covered in ink, her armor a mess from all the slaying of the green room monsters.
"I have returned to come and get A Chest of Silver!" She cried out, showing the new fifty reviews on the wrapped scroll in her hand."
Knight Shikora's log
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 am
Dossereana says...

Night Dossereana burst into the Great Hall, mud dripping from there body from the rain that had just pawned down on to them. She held out a scroll, I have come to claim my Helmet. Monsters and beasts have been slayed as well as I could have done.
EagleFlys log
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

616 Reviews

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:40 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight FlamingPhoenix once again rushed into the Great Hall her hand holding another scroll, "I have come back to get A Chest of Gold! Those Green Room Monsters didn't know what hit them."
Knight Shikora's log
Stay Creative!

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 pm
Dossereana says...

Dossereana came rushing back in to the great hall, she healed out another scroll with reviews planted on it. She was still dripping in dust and mud. "I have come to claim my horse ones and for all," Dossereana then waited for the reply. "more Beasts and monsters have been slayed," the mud slowly rolled of off her. As she kept holding out the scroll in wait. EagleFlys log
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:07 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

I declare... that I am now going to join! (:
*insert quirky signature here*

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah enters the newly shined Great Hall, nearly tripping over some leftover wash buckets on the floor. She moves further away from the cleaning supplies and spots the siblings Knight Doss and Knight Shikora waiting patiently for their awards.

"Greetings Knights! Good to see you both here! The Commander has asked me to handle this latest round of transactions.

Knight @Dossereana please be careful about dripping mud on the floor - it was just recently cleaned. Now, I've double checked your log, and all is in order for you to first receive this new shiny helmet and next it seems that you are also due for a horse. I think you'll find that travel is a good deal easier around the Green Room with a proper horse. You'll have to meet Knight Fraey (@fraey) over at the stables and they'll show you to your horse. Make sure to let us know what name you decide for them so that we can get all the proper licenses filed away!

Alright now Knight @FlamingPhoenix you have been incredibly busy, conquering not just works in the Green Room but also meeting many rounds of Team Tortoise. Your efforts have certainly served you well, and I am happy to present you with these coupons for 1 chest of silver and 1 chest of gold - they are redeemable at the castle treasury. Your next task will be to search and find one of the elusive Unicorns of the Green Room. Once you have met that task you will join the renowned group of Knights called the Unicorn Riders. Best of luck on your search!

Oh and lastly, @Liberty, I see it is your wish to enter this order of Knights, welcome! You are officially a Squire and while you get settled on your first task of collecting 10 Green Room reviews you can bring any questions to the Squires' Dormitory. Huzzah!

Well I have a some papers to file! May your reviewing endeavors go well!

- Court Magician Knight Alliyah
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

616 Reviews

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:43 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight FlamingPhoenix once again walked into the Great Hall. A scroll with ten reviews in it, she grinned as she proclaimed "I have come to get a Hamlet!" She called out holding up the scroll. "There are ten reviews on one story in here, and there all in a row."
Knight Shikora's log
Stay Creative!

Reviews: 1
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:54 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander steps in with a rolled map and places a big "X" right where Knight Shikora (@FlamingPhoenix) will be taking charge of a new Hamlet.

"Good to see you here again Knight Shikora, you've been placed in command of the good people and lands residing in Kingdom Parcel 142. You'll notice that this land is right on the outskirts of the South Eastern Sea and the Green Room so you'll have to be diligent in their protection, and there's been at least 4 ogre sightings there in the last year so I'm hoping you find a peaceful remedy to that issue. As always, once you've come up with a name for your Hamlet, please let us know for mapping and insurance purposes."

Also to all other knights, Review Month is upon us once more! I call you to join me in the Battle Against the Green Room!

Huzzah!

- The Commander

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:46 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Knight Libby ran into the Great Hall for the first time.

"I have come forth for my Knighthood!" she exclaimed, proud of herself. She held out her scroll. "I've done ten whole reviews. Not half. But whole."

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:32 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Once again, Knight Libby sprints to the Great Hall, her hair flying this way and that. She stopped at the door and opened it slightly, "I have come forth for my sword!" she exclaimed, showing off her scroll. She grinned.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:34 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Knight fraey crept along the path towards the Great Hall, pausing every few minutes to peer at the various flowers growing at the sides. They had not stepped foot into the castle for quite a long time since in their new position, as the Castle Grounds Consultant of the Court, they spent their duties outside, tending to the horses and other animals that belonged to their fellow knights and the various Court members.

Their favorite was definitely the brown-coated, black-dotted horse that remained unnamed. Fraey did not have any time at all to really dedicate a good title to this amazing horse, so they just simply never gave a name. Oops. Either way, they arrived at the Great Hall after quite a long while fighting the Green Room monsters (some they decided to send to the villain rehab center that brought along a bunch of animals to help with the period of rest.

"Hello," fraey muttered, waving a hello to their fellow Knights. "I kind of forgot about collecting my belongings until now, but I somehow have enough battles won that I earned a chest of gold, which feels a little weird I must admit, yet it's nice to be back for a minute."
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman