z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:03 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician paced back and forth practicing a card trick and muttering something under her breath about the courtyard getting overtaken by green algae ever since the geese (@PoetryGoos @rpGoos @ResGoos @LitGoos) had taken over the Northern Pond. It was beginning to look a little worse for wear, and certainly would not be suitable for the Knight's Fall Picnic at this rate, but what could be done.

She accidentally dropped all of her cards and looked up to see Knight @MailicedeNamedy waiting patiently for her review treasures.

"Ah Knight Mailice welcome! I'm going to give you a voucher to cash in for gold and silver over at the treasury! Thankfully the Court has taken on Knight @looseleaf recently and with her skills in accounting and she'll be able to set you up with the right wages. Hopefully these treasures go a long way as you go about your knightly duties!"

Just then Knight @HarryHardy came over with a list of the current Knight Roster and gestured to a few maps. "Hmm it looks like many of our usual order have been out on missions lately - it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some recruiting of some new Squires and Knights to assist in keeping the Green Room safe."

Knight Alliyah agreed and asked a Squire to let the KotGR artisans know that a new promotional poster was to be drafted for the purposes of Knight recruitment and shared at all relevant community and village venues.

Huzzah!

~~~

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:26 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

*All Knights Alert!*

Spoiler! :
@Hannah @PenguinAttack @Trident @Kale @Omni @niteowl @Rydia @beckiw @Lauren2010 @Audy @Shady @FermentingFruit @Paracosm @Wherethewindgoes @Caesar @Searria%20H. @dogs @guineapiggirl @Soulkana @noninjaes @Auxiira @StoneHeart @Animal @Aley @Jonathan @barefootrunner @Elinor @lliyah @Sins @Iggy @ArcticMonkey @Sapi @skorlir @KnightTeen @manisha @Valkyrie17 @megsug @EloquentDragon @lyricalrebel @Rook @dragonfphoenix @ShadowHunter @Messenger @Blackwood @ajruby12 @Cailey @PeanutPhoebe @whitewolfpuppy @Morkish @DreamWork @NightWolf @yubbies21 @tgirly @D4RKR4VEN @birk @AlfonsoFernandez @TimmyJake @FireFox @Snowery @Adnamarine @Cheetah @Tenyo @JohnLocke1 @AEChronicle @deleted5 @WritingWolf @ExOmelas @lostthought @Kyana @Lumi @Evander @kayfortnight @GreenTulip @Dreamy @Apricity @LiptonCookie @Magenta @SpiritedWolfe @Wolfi @CesareBorgia @BrumalHunter @catcha01 @Ventomology @Willard @r4p17 @TheCrimsonLady @Kanome @AdmiralKat @Sylar @EmeraldEyes @Morrigan @Satira @ThereseCricket @BluesClues @Pretzelstick @EscaSkye @Kelpies @anonymousx @Masquerade @bellathebookworm @ChiravianSkies @PickledChrissy @ParanormalMyth @Authorian @Pompadour @Steggy @FeatherPen @Brigadier @Sujana @JediDeadpool @Carlito @EternalRain @RoyalHighness @reikann @RippleGylf @felistia @Mea @Virgil @Astronomer @Casanova @Featherstone @AmyMedek @deleted868 @JosephGeorge @Squirtlepowiee @PrincessInk @Saruka @VegasLights @RubyRed @inktopus @Birdman @zaminami @TheBlueCat @LakeOfCancer @rosette @Midnightmoon @DragonNoir @Atticus @DeerInBacPac @Que @DragonWriter22 @Vervain @LJF @AliceinBluue @Hattable @Clairia @JustPerks @manilla @fishsashimi @elysian @WritingPrincess @AkeliaTaske @Lives4Christ24 @soundofmind @Nobunaga @FlamingPhoenix @Dossereana @jster02 @FruityBickel @paperforest @Toboldlygo @AvantCoffee @Lib @looseleaf @Lavvie @Seirre @mythh @Hkumar @HarryHardy @LittleLee @Stellarjay @ScarlettFire @Overwatchful @starlitmind @Riverlight @MaybeAndrew @momonster @ChrisCalaid, @Rosewood, @Carina @ImaginativeAlice
@LUNARGIRL @MailicedeNamedy @MayCupcake @CyonetheStarbringer @RandomTalks @ForeverYoung299

Hear ye, Hear ye, a new Challenge has been Issued this RevMo!

The Commander (@KotGRCommander) needs your help! The Knights of the Green Room Castle Grounds have been overtaken by a Mysterious Green Room Sludge that has been tracked in due to overcrowding works in the Green Room and must be Cleared before our Fall Picnic!

Log Five Green Room Reviews in this thread to help us remove the green sludge by October 1st! Honor and a special badge await all who bravely assist us in the Clear the Grounds Commander Challenge.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:41 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Knight Loonzy stumbled into the great hall, tired from tracking down all their Green Room reviews from the past year. By their calculations, they had earned themself a jeweled chalice, and they were greatly looking forward to sipping mixed-berry smoothies from it!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:59 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Knight Random has finally awakened from her slumber and is ready to collect all those rewards she has been eyeing for some months now. She unfolds her scroll and clears her throat.

"I believe I am ready for my coat of arms, a jeweled chalice, a chest of silver and finally, a chest of gold."

She clears her throat again and unrolls a different scroll now.

"I believe I have also earned my right to own a village and a hamlet!"

"Finally, I believe I have also earned the badge of the shrubbery for reviewing this work!"

And with that, she rolls up her scrolls, bows deeply and returns to her slumber.

(Yes, I had to do my adequate share of research to learn about all these badges.)
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:15 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Sorry to interrupt but --

I wish to become a knight!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:47 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Squire Lim wandered into the Great Hall, holding the white flags dropped by ten Green Beasts.

"Does this mean . . . I'm a Knight now?"
she/her

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:54 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician, treaded into the Great Hall with a green goo squashing at her feet - several of the knights (@Seirre, @HarryHardy, and @RandomTalks) had been clearing out the castle grounds to get things ship-shop-shape for the fall picnic! A kind Squire Liminality had even jumped into the efforts. Thankfully it appeared like most of the sludge was cleaned up and as long as the dragons didn't use the veranda as a landing pad again, they might be able to get the ground together in time. But anyways, Knight Alliyah was here because some knights were in need of their rewards!

Knight Loonzy (@Seirre) held up a warped plastic water bottle splattered with poetry stickers and asked if they could trade up for something slightly more dignified - Knight Alliyah took a quick look at the log and gave a thumbs up for the jeweled chalice making a mental note to ask Loonzy later for that smoothie recipe.

Next Knight Random (@RandomTalks) held up a long ...long ... long list of recently vanquished foes and Knight Alliyah made a motion for some of the office Squires to come up and do the counting for her. As the office squires made check marks and nodded, Knight Alliyah checked off the different items "one coat of arms, one jeweled chalice, one chest of silver, and a chest of gold, a badge of shrubbery and Oh! A new village and hamlet how wonderful!"

Knight @JustPerks came in with a map and started making a few circles and x's near different available properties. "The housing market is a NIGHTMARE right now, but our gold reserves are only growing in value, so we should be in good shape here - just please avoid anything near the Ogre Swamp right now."

Knight Alliyah whispered something to JustPerks, and Knight @Shady pointed excitedly at one little plot of land west of NaNo Beach "What about here?" All three members of the court nodded enthusiastically.

"Well Knight Random, I'm please to let you know that Kingdom Parcel N 1 through N 5 will now be under your jurisdiction as a village, and their neighboring section Kingdom Parcel Oh 3 is filled with eager hamlet folks who are now under your care as well. I ask you to vow to protect these people under your watch from the dangers of the Green Room, defend them from all attacks of Spam, and Guide them according to your Knightly responsibilities. If you shall accept these properties, all that's left is to submit a name of the village and hamlet over here in the next 5-20 business days. And we'll get everything put together."

Lastly Knight Alliyah turned to @Liminality who seemed to be composing a tanka or a sonnet while balancing a snail on their shoulder. "Hi Liminality! Anything we can help you with?"

Liminality unfolded a list of reviews, and unrolled a ten white flags, and held them up excitedly - "I wish to be a knight!"

Knight @looseleaf cued the Goblin Choir and the Knight Band rolled out their drum set and instruments to blast the formal music. A Green Carpet was unrolled down the aisle and Squire Liminality made her way to the front of the assembly. Knight Harry was holding a flag with the insignia of the KotGR with a few pigs dancing around his feet while Knights @MailicedeNamedy, and @Spearmint let out cheerful acclamations. Knights @Stellarjay, @ImaginativeAlice, @LittleLee and @starlitmind all put on party hats.

Knight Alliyah cleared her throat and began, "Squire Liminality, from this day forth you shall be known as Knight Lim, you are asked to defend the Green Room with bravery, to be helpful in your reviews, and to shout Huzzah when the time calls for it. Please stand and accept these responsibilities."

Knight Lim stood and even the snail on her shoulder was applauding as the Great Hall filled with confetti! Knight Lim greeted the assembly, "Well I suppose we better head to the Green Room comrades, those NaNo Novels aren't going to review themselves!"

The Knights and Squires and Goblins gathered around and shouted huzzah with excited murmurings of the Fall Picnic, and the literary works that would be coming to the Green Room next.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:55 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Huzzah Congratulations Knight Liminality!

542 Reviews

Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:17 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Shouting a belated "Thank you!" at @KotGRCommander, Knight Liminality entered the Great Hall once again. This time, she had brought fifteen white flags with her from the Green Beasts she had defeated.

"I'd like to trade these in for a sword, a shield, and a helmet, please!" she said. "Got to suit up for the reviewing."
she/her

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:37 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

Pardon, I wish to become a knight!
She/Her

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:24 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander strode into the Great Hall, ducking under some fresh decorations being put up in light of the festivities to come this month. It seemed they were already busy running about setting it all up. That was wonderful. Spotting some knights and squires waiting in line The Commander quickly made for the throne, trying not to slip on any of the many decorations littering the area.

The Commander gestured for Knight Liminality(@Liminality) to come forward. It seems you've taken to your knighthood with much enthusiasm. Your documentation appears to be in order. Please head to the armory and they'll have you fitted up right away to head back into the fray of the green room. We wish you good luck on your future travels.

The Commander then turned to the latest squire to join there ranks.

@Horisun it is always a pleasure to see a new face around these parts. You may go to the Squire's Dormitory where you will find your Training Knives. Once you have completed Ten Green Room Reviews and recorded it into your logs, present it here to be officially knighted.

The Commander was interrupted by the sound of a heavy landing.

"I was very clear about not landing on the veranda with those dragons." The Commander stood up, running off to prevent a fire from breaking out.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:49 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Huzzah! Calling all Knights to commit to the fight and join the battle in the Green Room! To help the cause, for this review day,
you can log your reviews of Green Room works separately for a special Knights of the Green Room badge. Logging 5 non-spam Green Room reviews (in the Review Day thread) will earn you that badge while counting towards your KotGR trophies!

To the Green Room!

Liminality wrote:Alert! Alert!

Review Day is coming!

From 16th to 18th of December, we'll be hosting a Review Day in the forums. Click this link to find out more.

Briefly, Review Day is an event focused on writing reviews in great quantity AND great quality. This Review Day is sponsored by the Knights of the Green Room -- a badge from them will be up for grabs!

Sign up in the thread linked above before December 15th to participate in a team - sign-ups after that will be individual.

You can also see this threadfor how the forum-based Review Day was run in September during RevMo this year.

Link to original comment

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Knight Alice stumbles her way to the great hall, being a bit extra cheerful cause now she can finally have her Horse and claim her full armor.

Alice: yeah I was getting tired of walking at least now I have a buddy! I have decided to call him Hoshi!
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

542 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:28 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

"Congratulations, Knight Alice! (@DreamyAlice)" exclaimed Knight Liminality. "Hoshi sounds like a wonderful name!"
she/her

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:40 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Dossereana and her horse stumble in, their backs full of sweat from the heat. I am here to claim my Coat of Arms EagleFlys Log

It has been awhile since I last came.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar