z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:35 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Knight Spirit rides in on her lovely steed, Edward, to proclaim her return to slaying after getting lost in the depths of the Green Forest for 6 years!

"I would like to claim a Jeweled Chalice, a Chest of Silver, and a Chest of Gold!" she cries, a wide smile on her face.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:21 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Inexperienced Knight Spunky cries

"I claim my Sword!"
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm
View Likes
LUNARGIRL says...

I wish to become a Knight!
"ONE CANNOT BE BRAVE WHO HAS NO FEAR."

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Stormblessed rides in on Highstorm and proudly declares: "I am here to claim my Coat of Arms!"
Stormblessed's Log
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:41 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander sat back in his chair at the head of the Great Hall, sipping on one of his favorite modern beverage inventions. His mocha latte with caramel syrup was a much enjoyed improvement from the days of chicory coffee brewed in a cauldron over a fire in a dim battlefield...
“Commander! Are you ready to distribute this past month’s badges?”
With coffee in hand, the Commander gave a simple nod and tried not to think anymore about culinary delights.

For Knight @Stellarjay - we bestow upon you the Badge of Shrubbery for clearing out the works that have been lost to the catacombs.

For Knight Loonzy (@whatchamacallit) - you are granted a shiny new Coat of Arms. If you would care to follow in the proud tradition of crafting your own seal for your house, please contact a member of The Council.

We are glad to see that Knight Spirit (@SpiritedWolfe) has returned to our ranks. You might have to build a new treasure room for all of this loot you’re collecting. Make room for a Jeweled Chalice, a Chest of Silver, and a Chest of Gold.

Congratulations are deserved for Knight Stormblessed (@stormblessed242) who has decided upon a name for their horse and have also earned a Coat of Arms. It seems that we may need to have a workshop on the subject of designing glorious seals for family houses.

The last badge of today goes to Knight Chris (@ChrisCalaid)who is ready to receive their shield.

And a final hearty welcome to all of the new Squires who have decided to join up with us. Return to us in 10 Green Room reviews time to be knighted before our Court.
Squire @LUNARGIRL and Squire @SpunkyKitty

A scribe steps out of the shadows to whisper something into the Commander’s ear.
I have just been informed that @SpunkyKitty will now be known as Knight Spunky. This new knight has been busy and has many badges to claim including a Sword, a Shield, and a Helmet.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:47 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

I wish to become a Knight!!!
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:15 pm
View Likes
LUNARGIRL says...

Inexperienced Knight LUNAR cries out, "I have come to claim my knighthood and sword!"

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=417&t=112172&p=1493728#p1493728
"ONE CANNOT BE BRAVE WHO HAS NO FEAR."

166 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:55 pm
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Amateur but proud knight Alice declares

"I am here to claim my knighthood"

166 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:35 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

A knight needs a sword so here I am

"I am here to claim my sword"
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:23 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I wish to become a knight!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:25 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

I claim my Horse!!

Lord Momo's Slaying of Monsters log
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander was still in his seat thinking to how absolutely delightful his latte had been and contemplating whether he wanted to get a scone or a muffin to finish off his snack time when more Green Room warriors appeared.

"Commander! Our ranks have been busy slaying Green Room works, and some come forward to request their due rewards!And I hear," Court Park Ranger Shady said excitedly. "There is one among us who has earned their horse!"

"Yes, yes, of course! This is my favorite time of the month!" He clapped his hands excitedly. "And a horse? A mighty accomplishment indeed. Let's begin!"

Knight Momo (@LordMomo) - has come forward to claim their horse! Here you are, faithful Knight. Treat them well and ride them into your battling near and far.
What shall you name it?

We are proud to officially welcome two Squires into our ranks! Glad to have you Knight Alice (@ImaginativeAlice) and Knight LUNAR (@LUNARGIRL)! To count as a Green Room review, it must be the first or second review posted (so it doesn't count just to have opened it before it had two reviews), so, unfortunately, I'm not able to give you your swords yet. These works got vanquished before you were able to get to them Knight Alice and these works were slaib just before Knight LUNAR could deliver the final blow.

Finally, welcome to the new Squire @Spearmint! Return to us in 10 Green Room reviews to be knighted before our Court.

With that, The Commander pushed himself out of his chair, muttering to himself, "Maybe if I walk to the cafe, I can justify getting a scone and a muffin."

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:42 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Squire Spearmint steps nervously into the Great Hall. She looks up in awe at the records of legendary knights of the past, then bows low.
She clears her throat and says, "I have slayed ten beasts and now I return to claim knighthood! Here is my own humble record."

Spearmint takes a second glance at said record and announces, "I would like to claim a weapon as well! I am aware that the traditional one is a sword... but considering my name... would you be so kind as to grant me a spear instead?" She looks up and smiles hopefully.
Spoiler! :
Just some information for those who're interested:
A spear is nimbler than a sword and has a longer reach, meaning that it can be quite an effective weapon in battle. However, a sword is better for being on horseback and can definitely look more heroic. This site has more detail if you want to check it out ^-^

Examining the record again, Spearmint raises her eyebrows in surprise. "Oh my, those reviews are really adding up! I would like to claim a shield and a helmet too, please!"
Last edited by Spearmint on Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:32 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Knight Momo rides in on her horse and proclaims, "I dub my steed Appa! Come on boy, yip yip!" she turns and rides back to the battle.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage