Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:11 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Knight Buggie's Boisterous Adventures

Apparently, I forgot to mention it when I reached 35 reviews. Whoops! But now I have reached 45, and would like to request both my horse, and a set of full armor. Bows dramatically
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Knight Buggie (@buggiedude2340):

you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:46 am
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

How KatyaElefant got her horse:(spoilers weren't working correctly)
Spoiler! :
Finally, they had reached South America, Brazil to be exact. The First World Cup, just happened to be going on. The crew begged Knight KatyaElefant to participate in the jousting tournament. They told her that the prize was a coat of arms. She agreed but there was one small problem... she didn't have a horse to ride or any supplies for jousting. One of the crew members picks up a fight with Brice, a feisty member of the town. They make a bet that Knight KatyaElefant could beat him and his 9 companions in a fight. They made a bet that if KatyaElefant won, then Brice would have to give her a horse for a bit for the competition. If Brice won, they would have to give up all their things that they had earned and become his slaves. The whole crew stupidly agreed and the fight was on.

[spoiler]26: Blood and Silver Ch. Nine
27: Trying: Chapter Two
28: The Teacher
29: Beauty- The Real Deal
30: "As I wish..."
31: Criticizing Others
32: The Price of Freedom
33: Tetris: The Movie (Directed by Michael Bay)
34: All the Poetry I have ever written about my life.
35: Typo Alley~B Part One

Spoiler! :
The fight was tough but after a little while KatyaElefant finally managed to beat Brice's double gangers. Knight KatyaElefant grabs her flaming shovel from her inventory and beats Brice to death. The double gangers give KatyaElefant the horse and the crew was one step closer to entering the competition.Knight KatyaElefant decides to name the horse Mackenize's Revenge.
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 am
Hannah says...

Knight @KatyaElefant, you're one step closer to the jousting tournament!

Also, all of you Knights (especially Knight Dragon / @dragonfphoenix), you'll be happy to hear that all those weird old dusty badges that were showing up in your trophy cabinets should now show up shiny and bright thanks to a bug in uploading that the wonderful @Nate fixed.

Check it out if you've received the Third Main Challenge, Golden Goose, After Watch, or Hamlet/Village badges! :)

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:35 pm
View Likes
GreenTulip says...

GeenTulip's log

I'd like to announce 53 green room reviews.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah's log
I believe I forgot to post this but after battling several reviews Knight Alliyah would like to claim a jousting lance! :) Huzzah!!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:48 pm
View Likes
Masquerade says...

I would like to joyfully announce my completion of my first ten green room reviews and request knighthood at the soonest convenience.

My log:
Masq's Log
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:18 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Knight @GreenTulip, just two left until your jousting lance! Then you can joust your nights away with Knight @alliyah, who just received her new weapon!

Lastly, a warm welcome to Knight Masq (@Masquerade) who, at long last, joins us in the Great Hall as ...

Knight Masq

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

How to Build a Hamlet:

1. Find some empty land.

Often, step one is complicated by wild beasts. After all, they need somewhere to live, too. However, yours is the might! With your sword, shield, and the weird jousting lance you've not yet used except to hit enemies over the head with, you clear the foes away. Of course, it might be easier if you head out to the Outer Lands and pull up a bunch of Shrubberies, but then you'll have to consider where your hamlet residents will farm. And that brings us to the next step...

2. Build a fan club

You're going to need people to live in your hamlet. Unless you feel like you want to repeat the dreaded Empty Hamlet Fire and BBQ of late last summer, you'll want residents to make use of the buildings you're going to so painstakingly design.

Though we have heard tales of honorable knights hiring less honorable citizens to bother residents of current hamlets into wanting to move out of their homes, we definitely recommend against this course of action.

3. Build Some Stuff!

Remember last month when the After Watch kept the Green Room clear for like a week? I know you do, all you Knights leaning on your jousting lances in boredom. Well, I recommend the next time After Watch keeps the peace, you'll take the time to start building the homes in your hamlet like I did. When you can't fight, you build. Build houses, schools, stories, public squares. If you've got a bit of an ego, fine, go ahead and build a statue to yourself, the benevolent hamlet owner.

4. Move In!

When everything's prepared, move in! If you've got the shelter and the people, they've got the money and they'll start raising the crops. Soon enough, you'll be living in another bustling hamlet and it will all be thanks to the time you made 10 consecutive green room reviews on consecutive chapters of a work!

Hehe, I'm celebrating my new badge. o3o

240 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:36 am
AdmiralKat says...

@Hannah Can you explain what we are supposed to do(got confused a little bit with the descriptions but the descriptions are cool! :3)

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:18 am
View Likes
Morrigan says...

Here's my log.

Knight meeeeee.

The Log of Magpie
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:28 am
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Knight Biscuits, after a brief parley on the field of Green, is unsure whether her recent escapades have earnt her any new honours. On checking the badge list against her own tally, she is a little disheartened to realise that she is thirty reviews from her Coat of Arms. With her heart lightened by the realisation that she is on the leaderboard of most reviews this month, she scrolls further down the challenge list and spots something she has not noticed before - an award bestowed upon those who take a novel under their wing and hurry to rescue them from the Green Room as quickly as possible. Knight Biscuits then realises that if Sampson posts just one more chapter of Love of a Sociopath, and Biscuits keeps a shrewd eye on it, she is just one more review away from her village.

I shall return.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

Reviews: 1
Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:34 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Joyfully we bestow Knight @magpie her Knighthood! Congratulations!

Do not be disheartened, Knight @BiscuitsBatchAvoy Though the struggle may be long and arduous (or not ;) ), you shall persevere and overcome!

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 am
Hannah says...

@KatyaElefant -- Haha, it was just a little joke! There's a badge called the "hamlet" badge for giving 10 green room reviews in a row on a longer work / chapters, and I recently earned it, so I was celebrating with a story. xD

240 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:36 pm
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

XD @Hannah It DID sound a lot like that badge.

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein