z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:26 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

After waging a long and grueling battle. I have finally, won victory and come forth with 10 reviews in exchange for my knighthood!
1. work/itsshreyatripathi/Accept-Me-148010#c693499
2. work/StrawberryRock/Enarum-Lost-Souls-148006#c693489
3.work/alainaxgaunt/that-girl--fanfiction--147956#c693032
4. work/Tawsif/Untold-147954#c693018
5. work/Beautifulsparkle/My-Lord-147627#c690016
6. work/Kian%20Alisson/Detective-Duo-147564#c689719
7. work/AnoCannotUserName/The-Pregnancy-Project-Book-Review-147504#c689718
8. work/starchaser/The-View-from-the-Window-of-a-Silent-House-147459#c689178
9.work/Shawstories95/Stranger-Shadow-Sunrise-147457#c689176
10. work/shieldmaiden/Emperors-Heir--Chapter-33-147204#c687880

Thank you!

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:59 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A fifth version of Knight Hardy appears in the hall.

"Hi! I know, I'm here already. I wanted that full armor," he begins," here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain"

"Oh great now there's five of us waiting," says Hardy 3.

"Yes, this is getting very interesting now," says Hardy 1.

"Well, come take a seat then," invites Hardy 2.

Hardy 5 sits down next to Hardy 4.

Just a few hours later a sixth Hardy also shows up.

"So soon?" asks a perplexed Hardy 5," but...but you had ten to do."

Oh I only did one," replies Hardy 6.

"Then what are you doing here?" asks Hardy 4.

"Yaa...you can't show up with no purpose," states Hardy 3.

"Oh no worries. I have come to claim a village," says Hardy 6," Here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain . Chapters 17,18,19,29,21 of The Quest for Fire. It's all numbered."

"Ohh...that's what I came for too," says Hardy 2," for a different one though. Children With Stars in Their Veins."

"Now that we sorted that out, can we all sit down again?" asks Harry 1.

"Yes!!" chorus the rest of them and the six Hardy's sit down side by side waiting...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:15 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Court Magician Knight Alliyah entered the Great Hall, battle weary and absolutely dripping with ... sweat? no, based on the seaweed caught on her helmet it was sea water. One of the senior knights, Knight @Mea, who had just came back from a journey of unicorn tracking offered a towel, "Everything alright Knight Alliyah?"

"Well, I was trying to find a shortcut between the Green Room and the Great Hall but it seems like the Seas of Storybook Realm are a bit stormier than I remember. Let's just say I'm glad to be on dry land again."

Knight Liberty (@Liberty) and Knight Lucy (@Lzpianogirl) who were no strangers to the SB and RP waters started giggling from over by the picture wall. Court Magician Alliyah straightened her helmet and made her way to the front of the Hall to try to get this business over with so she could get back to the fight of the Afterwatch, as the battle waged on.

Before she could get to the front of the room Knight Lee (@LittleLee) jumped in front of her excitedly shaking their recently completed log entries. "A Girdle, a Horse, AND full armor m'lady!"

Knight Alliyah let out a smile, it was nice to see new knights enthusiastic about reviewing, "Looks to be in order Knight Lee - your girdle and armour can be fitted in the armory this afternoon, and you'll find that Ground Consultant Perks (@EditorAndPerks) has just the horse in mind for you over at the castle stables - let us know what you're naming them for our licensing records. Thank you for your service."

Next Alliyah turned to Knight Kumar (@Hkumar) who had been waiting patiently for the court to return, they lifted up the two halves of the a broken training knife along with their log, that was a bit grass and mud stained from battle. "Ah! Good to see you Knight Kumar, I was wondering when you'd trade the training knives in for a real sword. Now seems like a good time, right? We've got one right here for you." She handed the knight a shining silver sword.

Knight Alliyah then glanced down at the list @CaptainJack had sent to the Great Hall with the names of those needing awards. "Um Knight Hardy it's good to see you again, and has been a pleasure to fight along with your in the Afterwatch... but isn't it a bit soon for you to be back here again?" She flipped the long list of awards, which had stretched on to two pages - "this can't possibly be right..." she mumbled to herself.

Knight Hardy grinned and held out their log, "I think you'll find everything's in order here. If you could just get me the new weaponry, I need to dash back to the Green Room here soon, we've got a record to break."

Court Scribe @Kale came hobbling forward, it'd been a while since someone had claimed this many awards, and unfortunately Magician Alliyah was notoriously bad at counting roman numerals and would need official approval for these calculations. "Everything's in order here according to my charts - Knight Hardy has earned a shield, helmet, horse, armor, and a village"

Suddenly a few ready Squires entered with a wheelbarrow of the armor - and the gear for a horse.

Knight Alliyah, still looking quite surprised opened up her map of the Green Room and it's outer territories. "Well in that case, you'll want to head out with Knight Lee to the stables to find your horse, we weren't expecting you to need on so soon, so I do have to warn you he may be a bit on the wild side - Grounds Consultant Perks should be able to give you a few pointers. And let's see.. a village... Ah no, definitely not... oh wait, maybe! Okay! I've got the perfect one for you - the village on the Island in the East Storybook Sea - Kingdom Parcel 712 has been abandoned for years in need of some protection from the foes of the Green Room, they would be happy to have a leader like yourself. And best of all, this will allow me to avoid crossing that sea again for a while. Once you've decided on names for the village and horse, send a message to myself or make a note in the Great Hall please."

Knight Hardy quickly gathered their gear, eager to return to reviewing.

"Now last of all, it looks like we have a new knight in our midst! Squire StellarJay (@Stellarjay) please come forward, it is my great honor to call you a Knight of the Green Room from this day forward we ask you to go forward and defend the Green Room with honor and bravery, and wish you all the luck in your battles! Huzzah!"

The rest of the Knights in the Great Hall, let out a mighty "Huzzah!" as well.

"Oh and before I forget, I have a missive from the Commander that I'll post on the door before we return to the battle! Let's go knights, once more into the breach!"

"Dear Knights and newly Knighted,
I have heard tell of your bravery and skill in the Green Room and send my congratulations to you all! I am also so very pleased to hear that our dear Afterwatch has nearly broken their previous record of keeping the Green Room cleared for more than 14 days!

In honor of this joyous occasion, each of you is invited to the Castle Library this week for a celebratory time of story telling. More information to follow.

May your sights be clear, and your swords sharp,

- The Commander"
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

4099 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I proudly accept my loyal steed. I name him Scipio in honor of a legendary horse that died before his time.

And I pledge to lead my village to the best of my ability, It shall be named Erebrus in honor of my home.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Reviews: 1
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

ALL KNIGHTS BULLETIN

Spoiler! :
*PING*
@Hannah @PenguinAttack @Trident @Kale @Omnom @niteowl @Rydia @beckiw @Lauren2010 @Audy @ShadowVyper @FermentingFruit @Paracosm @Wherethewindgoes @Caesar @Searria%20H. @dogs @guineapiggirl @Soulkana @noninjaes @Auxiira @StoneHeart @Animal @Aley @Jonathan @barefootrunner @Elinor @alliyah @Sins @Iggy @ArcticMonkey @Sapi @skorlir @KnightTeen @manisha @Valkyrie17 @megsug @EloquentDragon @lyricalrebel @fortis @dragonfphoenix @ShadowHunter @Messenger @Blackwood @ajruby12 @Cailey @PeanutPhoebe @whitewolfpuppy @Morkish @DreamWork @NightWolf @yubbies21 @tgirly @D4RKR4VEN @birk @AlfonsoFernandez @TimmyJake @FireFox @Snowery @Adnamarine @Cheetah @Tenyo @JohnLocke1 @AEChronicle @deleted5 @WritingWolf @ExOmelas @lostthought @Kyana @Lumi @Evander @kayfortnight @GreenTulip @Dreamy @Apricity @LiptonCookie @Magenta @SpiritedWolfe @Wolfical @CesareBorgia @AstralHunter @catcha01 @Ventomology @Willard @r4p17 @TheCrimsonLady @Kanome @AdmiralKat @Sylar @EmeraldEyes @Morrigan @Satira @ThereseCricket @BluesClues @Pretzelstick @EscaSkye @Kelpies @anonymousx @Masquerade @bellathebookworm @ChiravianSkies @PickledChrissy @ParanormalMyth @Authorian @Pompadour @Steggy @FeatherPen @CaptainJack @Sujana @JediDeadpool @Carlito @EternalRain @RoyalHighness @reikann @RippleGylf @felistia @Mea @Kaylaa @Astronomer @Casanova @Featherstone @AmyMedek @deleted868 @JosephGeorge @Squirtlepowiee @PrincessInk @Saruka @VegasLights @RubyRed @inktopus @Birdman @zaminami @TheBlueCat @LakeOfCancer @rosette @Midnightmoon @DragonNoir @Tuckster @DeerInBacPac @Que @DragonWriter22 @Vervain @LJF @AliceinBluue @Hattable @Clairia @EditorAndPerks @manilla @fishsashimi @elysian @WritingPrincess @AkeliaTaske @Lives4Christ24 @soundofmind @Nobunaga @FlamingPhoenix @Dossereana @jster02 @Bullet @paperforest @Toboldlygo @AvantCoffee @Liberty @LZPianoGirl @Lavvie @Whatchamacallit @Gravitem @Hkumar @HarryHardy @LittleLee @Stellarjay

*The Knight band let out a great trumpet blast - causing the sound of the All Knights Bulletin to alert every Knight in all reaches of the YWS Kingdom.*

The Commander stepped up the megaphone, and gave a quick soundcheck, it had been a bit of time since the last All Knights Ping had happened.

"Attention all Knights of the Green Room, along with the members of the Court it is my privilege to invite you all to join the Official Knights of the Green Room Storybook: A Knight's Journey. Here we shall tell the tales of the Knights of the Green Room on our journeys away from the protections of the Great Hall: Fighting foe, managing their villages, searching for golden geese, and managing friendships with fellow knights.

It will be open to you to join whenever you'd like, and will feature different challenges, and titles to win as well. Currently we are exchanging stories in the Library - and I would love to hear your own stories there.

If you have any questions - please direct them to alliyah, CaptainJack, and EditorAndPerks who are managing this endeavor for me.

May your sights stay clear, and your swords sharp!
May you review with bravery and honor!

Huzzah!"

With the speech completed, The Commander stapled a new poster to the Great Hall's Bulletin Board for all to see.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:44 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

I wish to become a knight!
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:52 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Welcome @Andrewknorpp, you are officially a Squire! We look forward to your return with 10 new Green Room Reviews in your log and then you can become a Knight. If you have any questions -> I'd direct you to the Squire's Dormitory.

Good luck in your reviewing! OH! And I almost forgot -> here's your Training Knives.

- Court Magician Knight Alliyah
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

I, Stormblessed242, hereby pledged to serve this realm as a knight of the green room, so help me God, Amen! :smt003
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Hello @Stormblessed242, welcome to the KotGR! You are now a Squire, and can ask any questions here, which serves as the Squire's Dormitory. To become a Knight you must review 10 Green Room works, put a list in your log, then return with your victorious news.

Take these Training Knives with you, and may you slay these beasts with speed!

- Castle Grounds Consultant EditorAndPerks
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:34 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

I ran into the Great Hall and struggled for breath.
"I did it," I finally gasp out. "Here's the 15 reviews you asked for"

Spoiler! :
11. work/MoonIris/Backup-plan-for-the-planetEcology-and-eco-footprint-148038?c=693751#c693751
12.work/HarryHardy/The-Alpha-Pack-The-Dawn-of-the-Dead-Chapter-1-148029?c=693912#c693912
13. work/Liminality/Walking-Fast-148070?c=693967#c693967
14. work/steffenate/Madrassi-and-the-Monsoon-Part-of-my-Kurunchi-Anthology-series-148073?c=693988#c693988
15. work/whatchamacallit/Icy-fire-that-freezes-my-heart-148075?c=694011#c694011

"May I have my sword now?" I say before I collapse on the floor with exhaustion.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:09 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Finally sorting out my kotgr thread >.>

Please note it's being updated, but for nooooow. I have completed my ten! Knight me, please?

ETA: also sword, shield, helmet~
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

4099 Reviews

Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:17 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A cold wind rushes through the Hall and the lights dim. A swirling vortex of energy appears and a figure steps through.

"It is I, Knight Hardy," the figure declares," I am back. I wish to request a jousting lance. The proof can be found here: Hardy's Hall of the Slain "

He takes a seat expecting a long wait like the last couple of times.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:56 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Knight Loonzy stumbles into the Great Hall, deep in thought. "I think I've decided upon a name for my steed - Candy!"
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

4099 Reviews

Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A second Knight Hardy appears in the hall.

"Back so soon?" asks Hardy 1," I though there was a bunch of beasts to slay."

"Oh yes. There's still a good 38 beasts left," replies Hardy 2.

"Then what are you doing here?" asks Hardy 1.

"Claiming a badge of the shrubbery for a review on this thing: ctrl+alt+delete (16+) . It is definitely from before October 2012."

"Ohh..take a seat then," says.

The two Hardys settle down for the long wait.

After a much longer wait than usual a third Hardy appears in the Hall.

'I was beginning to think you'd taken a vacation," said Hardy 1.

"Never," replied Hardy 3," 'tis a much longer mission this time. That's all. At any rate I come bearing news."

"And that it?" asked Hardy 2.

"I have gained enough consecutive reviews on Children With Stars in their Veins to get myself a hamlet. And I am not referring to the play. Here's the proof: Hardy's Hall of the Slain "

"Ohh..join the wait then," said Hardy 1.

The three Hardy's sat down for a long wait.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain