z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:30 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Knight Rain bursts through the Great Hall doors. "Finally!" She exclaims. "I've finally gotten my jeweled chalice. It has been a long and difficult journey, but now I'm reading for my next mission."
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander hurries in equipped with a sword, shield, and mask suited over his helmet. He mumbled something to one of the Office Squires about keeping six feet away, then looked across the Great Hall. . .

@Necromancer14 and @EverLight were pacing back and forth, each equipped with a wizard's robe and hat.

The Commander addressed them, "Greetings Wizards! I am eager that you have decided to make allegiances with the Knights for this Review Day, from this day forth, until you earn your knighthood, you shall be known as Squire Necromancer and Squire Everlight! Once you have collected 10 new Green Room Reviews and posted them in a log, please return to claim your knighthood! We look forward to a swift return from you both. Huzzah!"

Knight EternalRain (@EternalRain) came forward reciting some verses of Greek mythology as she came up the center carpet. "Huzzah Commander, I am here to claim my Jeweled Chalice!"

The Commander quickly checked her log, which now had become a long double-sided endeavor of reviews from many moons and missions, "All seems to be in order here Knight Rain! You'll find your Chalice right in the castle treasuries, we had one engraved with your title a few weeks ago in fact!"

Just then Knight Blue (@BluesClues) came running through the the Great Hall doors, a Wizard's hat propped on top of her Helmet, quickly followed other members of the Court, @CaptainJack, Grounds Consultant @Fraey, and Court Magician @alliyah. Blue held up a feather that shone with golden iridescent flecks. "We found this Commander! Do you think it could be..."

The Commander took the feather and held it up for all to see. "This could only have been left by a GOLDEN GOOSE, that means that elusive bird is near! To the Green Room Knights! And keep your eyes sharp, we could find her this Review Day!"

The members of the Court high-fived, and then steadying their wizard hats on their helmets, followed the Commander back into the fray, ready to review!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

How do I record my reviews?
The name's Myth.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:30 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Squire Loonzy steps into the great hall, feeling slightly intimidated.
"I would like to become a knight," she says, her voice echoing.
Last edited by Hijinks on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:32 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@Gravitem copy and paste the links to your Green Room reviews in your log, the reviews only count towards Knights of the Green Room after you have asked to join and become a Squire.

@whatchamacallit welcome! You are now a Squire! Once you've collected 10 new Green Room reviews and posted them in your log, come back with a link to your log to claim your Knighthood! :)

-Court Magician Knight Alliyah

(Also you are both welcome along with Squire Necromancer & Squire Everlight, to bring questions over to the Squires' Dormitory)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

127 Reviews

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:36 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Grav of Gondor looks up at the court mage. "Aye Court mage. It is an honour to meet you." his face bold as ever.
The name's Myth.

1227 Reviews

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:41 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

"Welcome Squire Grav of Gondor! We look forward to your contributions to this order! Huzzah!" Knight Alliyah spun around to seek out the Welcoming Committee, since it had been many months since so many new squires had joined their ranks.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:04 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

I wish to become a Knight! :)
I only put my signature on big cheques.

1227 Reviews

Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:48 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Here's your Training Knives Squire Hkumar (@Hkumar)! Please consult the Squires' Dormitory if you have any further questions! We look forward to seeing you return with 10 Green Room reviews in tow.

- Knight Alliyah

455 Reviews

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:02 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Squire Loonzy slumps into the Hall, tired but victorious.
"I have completed ten reviews, all from the perilous Green Room!" she announces, triumph ringing in her weary voice. "I now request the honour of Knighthood."
Last edited by Hijinks on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them

455 Reviews

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Loonzy turns to go but then spins around, remembering something else. "I have in fact written fifteen Green reviews from the Forest, so I would humbly ask for a sword."

-- Hank Green

they/them

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:05 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Knight Liberty was atop Prince as he clomped into the KotGR Hall. She held up her scroll.

"A hundred... and seven... days," she said breathlessly with a sigh. "Coat of arms... please." She dismounted her horse as she raised a finger in the air. "The 73rd review is for Fellow in Arms, by the way."

With Prince's reins in her hands, she trudged to a corner of the wall and sat down. "Where're the apples we bought, Prince?" she whispered.

Prince turned his head, reaching to his back. A bag of apples sat there. He held then out in front of Liberty and she took the bag gratefully. She took out an apple for herself, and for her horse and they started munching.
*insert quirky signature here*

127 Reviews

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:54 am
View Likes
mythh says...

Squire Grav of Gondor steps forward. "I wish to become a knight as I have finished ten green room reviews. I'd also like to renounce my name and title as I pass into knighthood. I wish to be known as Myth the White Knight of the mist."
The name's Myth.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Squire Lee tentatively pokes his head in and peers about.
"Um. I'd like to be a knight."
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 am
View Likes
Hkumar says...

Squire Hkumar announces his triumph with 10 Green room reviews. He is ready to enter Knighthood.
Kumar's review log
I only put my signature on big cheques.

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain