z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

Reviews: 1
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:48 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander rode into the Great Hall upon his horse. A few office squires jumped up and tried to look busy.

"Greetings Knights and Squires! It's good to see you all, there's a terrible storm out there, and I've heard this last Review Day even brought a few monsters. I am glad the Knights were around to defend the Green Room!"

Knight FlamingPhoenix (@FlamingPhoenix) stepped forward with a mixture of ink and melted snow forming at her feet. "Hello Commander, I'm here for my village."

The Captain of the Guard @LadyBird rushed forward with a map of the lands surrounding the Green Room. "We have some free territory here, here, and here, there's sort of a village in the works here but the taxes are out of control and there have been at least two ogre sightings, so you might want to stay clear of the southeast corner"

The Commander circled a small village wedged between the forests and the Green Room - "This one will do just fine! Knight FlamingPhoenix, I am assigning you Kingdom Parcel 842. Once you've designated a name for the village please let us know, so we can make note of it on the maps and make sure everything's set for insurance purposes.

You are hereby awarded this village, to care and to protect. I know you will honor this responsibility! Huzzah!"

Just as the Commander was turning to leave to his office, he noted a carefully ordered log sitting on the ground. "Hmm, it says it belongs to a Squire but where have they gone?"

The doors of the Great Hall thudded open, while the wind howled from the storms outside, and Squire Paperforest (@paperforest) stumbled in looking half frozen from the cold. Knights @fraey and @EternalRain rushed forward to offer the shivering squire a hand and a mug of cocoa. The Commander nodded to Knight Alliyah who unrolled the signature green carpet and beckoned the Squires forward with the KotGR Flags as well as the customary Knights Marching Band (with a few noticeably out of tune trumpets). Amidst the noise Squire Paperforest followed the green carpet to the front of the hall and kneeled.

"Squire Paperforest you are new to the site, but already show bravery and expertise in your reviewing. You have fought honorably in this last battle of the February Review Day and fought many foes who stood in your way. I hereby award you with the rank and title of Knight of the Green Room - and I welcome you officially to our order! You shall now be known as Knight Paperforest!"

And the Knights and Squires assembled shouted "Huzzah!"

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

I have come to claim my village, name Dustolveea

EagleFlys log
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:31 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight FlamingPhoenix once again walked into the Great Hall, the wind howling outside the Great Hall. A rapped up peace of paper in her right hand. All the reviews she had done written done on it. Holding her head up high she called. "I have come back from the Green Room to claim my Coat of Arms!"

Knight Shikora's log
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:35 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Greetings Knight @eaglefly and congratulations on finding your first village. Now that you have claimed and named it remember to take care of your citizens, they are your responsibility.

And greetings Knight @FlamingPhoenix. You are truly a Knight now with claiming your Coat of Arms. It is now time to set out on larger quests and remember to take all of your equipment.

Good luck to all Knights who are working on the Main 4 Challenge. Keep up the good work.
Hurrah.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 pm
View Likes
WritingPrincess says...

Knight Princess raced into the great hall, covered in blood and grime, having fought the dragons of the green room. “I wish to claim a sword.”
Knight Princess’s Log

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:26 am
View Likes
paperforest says...

Knight Paperforest pushed open the doors to the Great Hall, wiping the ink off her training knives. She crossed the floor and pulled out her log. "A sword would come in handy about now, I think."

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:22 pm
View Likes
jster02 says...

The Knight Jster staggers through the doors to the great hall, the pieces of a broken sword under his arm.

"I'm back" he says, slamming the sword pieces on the table, "Got this off a beast the other day. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to mend it for me. Killing monsters with my bare hands is getting kind of old."

The log of Knight Jster
What's the point of success if it makes me miserable?

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

After two failed attempts at crossing the threshold into the Great Hall on his loyal steed (recently found after being lost), The Commander finally thundered into the large room, to meet the gazes of three expectant loyal, brave Knights.

Good morrow my fellow valiant soldiers! 'Tis my fault I come so late to award you for your fine deeds. Your top leader has been trying to get updates on the Main 4 Challenge! We have but a few spare days until the ultimate time comes for us to need to clear the rubble! Onward all of you!

The Commander paused to then motion forward some of the less-busy at work members of the Guard, Knights @LordStar and @EternalRain to bring forward fine Swords to deliver to their fellow brave fighters.

He stepped towards the first Knight that waited by the entrance. Knight @WritingPrincess stood tall, even with various stains of dark red and black.

To Knight Princess, I commend you on your bravery in fighting back those pesky fire-breathing dragons from the Green Room. May this fine Sword slay many more beasts of all kinds in your next journey!

Next, newly recruited Knight @paperforest stepped through the halls, heart-pounding with excitement at receiving a weapon of her own.

For your skills at wielding even old Training Knives, we grant you this jeweled Sword, dyed black with the future ink from the Green Room beasts. We hope you will defeat any possible enemies you may face, due to your new notoriety as a fine soldier! Have luck on your adventure!

Knight @jster02 slammed the shards of an old Sword of sorts on the table before The Commander. Impressed by his strength and display, he summoned the nearby craftswomen to quickly form a spectacular Sword, then presented it to the waiting Knight.

My good soldier Jster! Our hope is that this Sword does well in fighting against the beasts you are sure to combat. Bring back more pieces, and we may even form a Shield for you next!

With that, The Commander saluted farewell to all of the soldiers before him, letting out one final "Huzzah!" before galloping back into the Green Room realm.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:29 am
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Knight Oliver LordStar sauntered into the Great Hall, shaking off rain as he did so. Approaching the Commander, he presented his list of recent slain beasts.

"I have fought valiantly, but alas, my training knives broke," he murmured, apologetic. "May I request a sword to use in its place?"

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:17 am
jster02 says...

Knight Jster pushes open the doors with his shoulder, wincing. His right arm sits in a makeshift sling, his face covered in bruises.

"I think I need a shield. I almost died my last battle because I neglected have one forged for me sooner. Also, can someone please help me get my log out of my bag? It's really hard with this sling."
What's the point of success if it makes me miserable?

616 Reviews

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:10 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight FlamingPhoenix rushed into the great hall holding a scroll. "I have come with a question, This work has been in the green room for a while, and I got an extra 50 points when I reviewed it, so do I get The Badge of the Shrubbery?" She asks.

work/TheMulticoloredCyr/Wolf-Eyes-rewrite-chapter-10-143558?c=670746#c670746
Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:28 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I have also come to collect A Jeweled Chalice.

Knight Shikora's log
Stay Creative!

Sat May 04, 2019 7:32 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Notice to Knights

This area is closed for construction until the completion of Main Challenge 4

missive from The Commander pinned to the Great Hall door:

Greetings Knights,
you'll remember that our building permit for Main Challenge 4 expired May 1, 2019. My Court members and I are currently in the delirious process of applying for an extension. Our lawyers have advised to continue to add reviews to the Main Challenge, to attempt to gather the resources needed to complete the project while we're applying for an extended building permit. In the mean time we will be unable to complete any Great Hall badge requests, and ask that all Knights try to contribute to the Main Challenge 4 Building Cause so that we can complete it.

Please excuse any construction items you find around the castle grounds during this time, we're short on office-squires.

with courage,

The Commander

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Mon May 06, 2019 3:54 pm
Toboldlygo says...

I wish to become a Knight!

Here is my log with ten of my Green Room Reviews.

Knight Killara's Log
Oxford commas: distinguishing the intelligent.

Reviews: 2
Tue May 07, 2019 12:21 am
View Likes
Zeltornintha says...

I wish to become a night of the green room.

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour