Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:09 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

This thread is for posting announcements of achievements (like when you earn your horse or armor!) and other general socializing. Think of it like the living room of our castle. Bunny slippers are definitely welcome.

How To Become a Knight

1. Declare in this thread "I wish to become a Knight!
1a. Thou art now a Squire!

2. Createst thou a log in our forumtitled "The Log of Knight <YourName>" or however thou wisheth to flavorest thy log. Be it a fine flavor, however, for it shall serve thee all of thy days!

3. Go unto The Green Room and slay Ten Green Beasts (meaning to leave the first or second review on a piece.)

4. Record your ten Green Room Reviews in your log!

5. Return to our Great Hall and announce your victory so that your triumph shall be made known and thy armor crafted hastily yet with care!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:23 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

In from the driving rain, soaked through to their skin but with smiles of triumph on their faces no less, two new Knights come in to the warm castle and kneel, water pooling around them as they wait for the honor they have earned. Knight Omniyus (@Aquestioning) nearly slips and breaks his neck on some of the water they left in the hall, but catches himself at the last moment and vows to teach the new recruits some manners.

Image Image

Knight Raven, Knight Birkhoff

@D4RKR4VEN, @Birkhoff

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:35 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

All Main Challenge 3 and Scribe Badges have been awarded in the temporary roster! Check out your swag, ya'll~

Image Image

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:21 am
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

Won horse this day:

(I've already posted this in my personal thread, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post here again?
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:18 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Yep! That's one of the things this thread is for, Knight Eloquent (@EloquentDragon). Though I'm subscribing to all the individual threads, sometimes things can get lost in notifications, so all Knights need to make sure to announce their accomplishments in the Great Hall to be awarded their badges and rewards!

I'm thinking of starting up a stable thread; what's your horse's name?! And how'd you come across it? A wild one on the plains? Horse auction? Glue factory rescue?!

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

The dark of evening is finally setting on the hazardously decorated castle when the booming knock comes. At the steps stands a weary horse, still decorated with the blood of its victims, and before it with head held high (and helmet lax against the thigh) stands a new Knight, hauling spoils before them.

Knight Firefox

We welcome you, @FireFox to our humble abode!
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 am
View Likes
FireFox says...

Thank you, fellow knights! Honored to join you all in battle!
Check out The Cost of Living and leave me a review! Constructive criticism appreciated!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:23 am
View Likes
FireFox says...

Earned my horse and named it Lambert! :)
Check out The Cost of Living and leave me a review! Constructive criticism appreciated!

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 am
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

Garnered full armor.
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:16 pm
TimmyJake says...

Hey guys! I'm still pretty new, so I haven't figured out the spoiler alert and the neat links, but I have done my ten reviews in the Green Room. What is my next step?

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=417&t=99282
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:26 pm
Auxiira says...

You just keep reviewing! Hannah should pass by soon and award you with your badge, then you keep on putting your reviews in your log!

One thing that I would maybe reccomend, though you don't have to do it, is maybe put all of your reviews per challenge in one post, then make another post for your next challenge.

To do that, just look at the bottom of your post, and you should see a little crayon. That's your edit button. There isn't a limit to the amount of times you can edit, so just keep doing it until you've completed the challenge!

The spoiler box is made with [ spoiler] [/ spoiler], taking out the spaces, if you want to do that! ^^

(here's an example if you want: Knight Auxii's Log)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 pm
TimmyJake says...

Thanks much! I will work on that!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:24 pm
Rook says...

I've earned a horse. For full story and name of my beautiful appaloosa, go here fortis the Fortieth's Log
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 pm
Rydia says...

These are troubled times and though many seek the glory of knighthood, only the strongest few prevail. It was as a squire that the brave Sir Alfonso set out into the woods, but now he returns a Knight. He kneels to receive the title he has earned and all the people celebrate his knightly achievement.

Knight Alfonso

A brave knight emerges from the deepest dangers of the Green Room, pushing back the brambles that would try to stay his path. He kneels to receive his proper title and the kingdom rejoices for they have a new protector.

Knight timmyjake

After a very timely battle, Knight Lauren returns triumphant from the depths of the Green Room and brings with her a knew shield which she dubs Space. Crowds gather to welcome their Knight home with loud cheers for now she will better be able to defend herself!

The way is hard for a new knight, but this one was filled with determination and strode into the wilderness with a steadfast will. The people feared for her safety for she left them unarmed, but they need not have feared because Knight Pokey has returned with her new sword Gradual Gallantry.

Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:40 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

I have slain many beasts, and acquired enough hides to earn my chest of silver Dragon's Index.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown