z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Sat May 10, 2014 5:32 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

Silverlock wrote:The Silver Knight returns to redeem herself. In my chest of links The Life and Times of Knight Silverlock hopefully you will find blood of the green room monsters sufficient enough for a full armour, a jousting lance, a village and a hamlet. The Silver Knight prays that she has killed four birds with one stone and has not shamed herself again. She calls upon @KotGRCommander to answer these prayers.

Umm the Silver Knight feels kind of over looked :(

@KotGRCommander
The World Is Mine.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon May 12, 2014 1:26 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

Knight Cheetah stumbles into the Great Hall, breathless. She has been in one too many battles without a shield to protect her. She falls to her knees and begs @KotGRCommander to accept her request. Pulling out her scroll of battles, she reads off her accomplishments once by one.
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Mon May 12, 2014 3:29 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Squire Kayfortnight strides into the hall carrying a bag of rotting monstrous heads of Green Room monsters. She apologizes profusely for not reporting them earlier and asks for her knighthood and her sword. Killing monsters with one's bare hands is hard.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue May 13, 2014 2:58 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Knight @Silverlock rides in breathless with the four birds tied by the feet to a string. She holds them up above her head as high as her arm will reach, and still the tip feathers of the wings brush the floor of the Great Hall.

"Tonight we feast on stew!" she cries, and the cook scuttles in to take the birds away for plucking. It's a rare treat. Knights are used to fighting with larger beasts that are brave and stay to fight. It's harder to take down a relatively smaller bird that's only intent on flying away. Knight Silverlock receives many thanks, congratulations, and the best drumstick for her efforts, not to mention the four badges she earned while out on her hunting trip.

Knight @Cheetah takes her ration of stew as is customary on the back of her bright new shield. The steam off the thick brown mixture smells like herbs and fogs up the metal that Knight Cheetah fought hard for and earned -- fresh forged at the blacksmiths just that morning.

At the end of the feast, just as the Knights are fighting with bread crusts to decide who'll mop up the last from the bowl, the doors of the Great Hall swing open, and Squire @kayfortnight deposits her bounties -- still bloody -- on the ground. With happy bellies full of hearty food, the Knights shout and sing her into their company.

Knight Kayfortnight
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 13, 2014 3:19 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

@Hannah @PenguinAttack @Trident @Kyllorac @Aquestioning @niteowl @Rydia @beckiw @Lauren2010 @Audy @ShadowVyper @FermentingFruit @Paracosm @Wherethewindgoes @Judas @dogs @guineapiggirl @Soulkana @noninjaspresent @Auxiira @BlackNether12 @Animal @Aley @Jonathan @barefootrunner @Elinor%20Brynn @alliyah @Skins @Iggy @ArcticMonkey @Sapi @skorlir @KnightTeen @manisha @Valkyrie17 @megsug @EloquentDragon @lyricalrebel @fortis @dragonfphoenix @ShadowHunter @Messenger @Blackwood @ajruby12 @Cailey @PeanutPhoebe @whitewolfpuppy @Morkish @DreamWork @NightWolf @yubbies21 @tgirly @D4RKR4VEN @Birkhoff @AlfonsoFernandez @TimmyJake @FireFox @Silverlock @Adnamarine @Cheetah @Tenyo @JohnLocke1 @AEChronicle @AlexSushiDog @WritingWolf @BiscuitsBatchAvoy @lostthought @Kyana @Lumi @RavenMoonStone @kayfortnight

All Knights Bulletin -- PING!!

Knights, it has come to my attention that while many of you have been off fighting noble battles for the good of the Green Room, you have been so caught up you forgot to come back and claim your victories in the Great Hall so that your badges and rewards may be properly awarded!

Make quite sure that whenever you slay that last beast, you come on back to the cozy kitchen and regale your fellow Knights with the tale of how you drew out the sword just so.

Knight Hannah's returned from a long, long and fruitless trek in the wilderness, but she's now back and ready to update you with the showers of badges you may need, so now's a good time to update your logs and report in to the Great Hall!

Fight, as always, with determination, knowledge, and loyalty!

HUZZAH!

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Tue May 13, 2014 11:37 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Will do. ASAP
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

A strange wind blows through the trees around the Knights of the Green Room headquarters on this day, and as Knight Black (@BlackNether12) looks out from the highest tower on the East wing, he can hardly believe his eyes.

There is a small troupe of Knights gallivanting back through the trees, singing loudly:

"Oh the boar was no match for the old Green Knight,
Oh the boar was no match for me."

The victory song.

Knight Omniyus (@Aquestioning) and Knight Onyx (@whitewolfpuppy) heard it too, from the gate of the Great Hall where they were hanging up banners to dry after laundry day. Knight Omniyus had been grumbling about wringing water out of silly old banners when he could be fighting alongside his fellow Knights, but when he saw the approaching group he dropped both his complaints and his laundry in the dust.

Knight @GreenTulip, Knight @Dreamy, and Knight Subtle (@SubtleSanity) linked arms and walked a little ways behind the wide-eyed warriors who had last been seen as Squires. But in the hands of these wide-eyed warriors were the remnants of ten great battles each -- ten great Green Room beasts slain with the bravery and loyalty of true Knights of the Green Room, which is what these Squires were to become.

And to either side, a few other Knights came bearing new rewards. Knight @Messenger and Knight @Tenyo were lugging a large chest of silver between them, and Knight Tenyo's newly forged shield and helmet balanced upon the lid. Knight Biscuits (@BiscuitsBatchAvoy) gleefully swung his new sword in practice sequences, careful not to get to close to any of the new Knights or, what the Knights around the castle were dubbing as the Lost Knights.

For Knight Green Tulip, Knight Dreamy, and Knight Subtle had been Knights and had been rewarded, but had never been added to the official Knight Roster. A silly matter of bookkeeping, but it deserved an apology feast all the same.

When the group reached the Great Hall, a crowd of other Knights had gathered to watch as the two Squires -- Squire LiptonCookie and Squire Magenta, knelt to receive what they deserved. And they rose again as...

Image Image

Knight LiptonCookie, Knight Magenta

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 pm
Hannah says...

Ahem, SOUND THE TRUMPETS for Knight @LiptonCookie and Knight @Magenta!

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Wed May 14, 2014 11:47 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

*Blares trumpets!!!!* You have no idea how excited I just got to re-attack my review life! Thanks Hannah

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 15, 2014 1:27 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

And before the feast can wind down to its glorious, glowing aftermath, the doors swing wide as the wandering, but not forever lost, Knight @Birkhoff finally joins his fellows in arms at the headquarters in the castle in the woods.

Knight @Silverlock and Knight @kayfortnight show Knight Birkhoff where to store his hard-won sword, shield, and helmet, while Knight @lostthought brings Knight Birkhoff's horse to its stable, filled with fresh hay.

Welcome home, Knight Birkhoff. Lay aside your new set of full armor and feast a while before you head back out to get it dirtied up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Knight Kayfortnight bows low with a wide grin on her face, and solemnly requests a shield to accompany her sword. She has taken wounds, but not fallen.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 16, 2014 4:04 am
Hannah says...

Knight @kayfortnight (and really, this goes for everyone), would you care to regale us with a story about how you happened upon your new shield? Was it bought? Fought for and won? Found in a bog? Have you named it?

Tonight would be the perfect time to tell the thrilling tale, as we are gathered to welcome another Knight to our midst, who comes fresh from battling ten fearsome beasts to the ground: Knight 'Fare (@Wolfare1). Knight 'Fare anticipates the legends of those seasoned warriors, but before then kneels and rises...

Knight 'Fare

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat May 17, 2014 6:52 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Squire Wolfie here to request knighthood.
My log:
The Emerald Forest of the Wolf
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue May 20, 2014 9:40 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Aye Commander, would appreciate if you stop by my log and award me. For I have updated my glory. Once again
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu May 22, 2014 1:36 am
View Likes
Aley says...

I would like to receive my Shrubbery badge for conquering this old foe: The Mind

It has been lurking since May 2012

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing