z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:55 am
View Likes
Rosewood says...

Knight Rosewood rushes into the hall, a strange mixture of pride and embarrassment displayed on her face.

“Twenty foes in the green room slewn… it appears I already have a sword, but a shield would be divine!”
.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--.. ...- -...- -.. --.- .-- ....- .-- ----. .-- --. -..- -.-. --.-

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:27 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Knight Mailice comes storming into the hall and closes the gate behind her. Only a small flame still pokes between the opening as she closes the door. With scorched hair, she wipes the sweat from her head and shouts with a loud voice: "How am I supposed to defeat the green dragons if I don't have a sword and shield?"

A cool breeze blows towards her and she remembers that she has brought something with her. With awe, she bows and shows off the loot she has fought for:

Lady Mailice´s Log

"I hope this is enough," she said with respect in a calm voice.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:26 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician, Enchantress of Chickens entered the Great Hall with a feathered boa around her shoulders and her horse Grendel trailing behind her. A dragon was in need of capturing, and that meant knights were needed. Especially the wisdom of Knight Africa (@BluesClues) who was the only knight who had ever successfully wrangled a dragon would be needed!

Huzzah! Calling all fellow-knights! It is time once again we venture outside our Great Hall and this time for a mission beyond the Green Room! Please join me in capturing the dragon with those noble citizens of the Roleplay Lands .

Just then Captain of the Court @CaptainJack entered with a few Squires following each leading a collection of animals; a tortoise, a few hares, a cheetah, an elephant, and catching the back of the parade was a genuine peregrine falcon. Knight Harry (@HarryHardy) entered last of all balancing 11 Tortoises in his arms and the dust of many Green Room battles on his armor. "The reviewers have been busy this June, Knight Alliyah." Jack said in response to Alliyah's confused expression to the critter parade.

Knight ShadowVyper, Court Park Rangerwho was known to have a pretty good handle of the assorted creatures that entered the Great Hall, strode forward to pick up one of the hares and deposited the delightful creature in a comfortable satchel. "Might I suggest arming the knights with their new rewards before sending them off to fight that dragon?

"Ah yes! The rewards!" Knight Alliyah unrolled the Knight roster to check who needed what.

Knight Lee (@LittleLee) it looks like you are ready to submit your Coat of Arms design to the castle artisans! And while you're there please pick up a golden chicken feather to go with your Fellow in Arms Reward! Huzzah!

Squire MayCupcake (@MayCupcake) you've done well, it looks like you are due not only to be Knighted but it is also time you receive your sword, shield, and helmet! We'll get that fitted for you in the armory right away and are glad to have you aboard! HUZZAH! You'll be joined by another Squire turned Knight Phoenix (@AshlynPhoenix) [Lady Phoenix, congratulations and welcome to our order! Please number your Green Room Log (ie. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. etc so it is easier for our accountants to check).]

Knight StellarJay(@Stellarjay) alas! I am very sorry about that broken leg of yours, hopefully this new armor will save you from future trouble!

Knight Alice (@ImaginativeAlice) huzzah! You are due for a helmet for sure!

Knight Spearmint thank you for helping your fellow knight out with the count, and for that lovely entry on the difference between spears and swords! I have asked that it be added to the Knights Library Collection. Please receive this Golden Chicken Feather as a token of my gratitude for your efforts. It can be worn on your helmet or displayed on a flag if desired.

Lady Mailice (@MailicedeNamedy) we'll have a sword and shield added to your armory right away! Huzzah and best of luck defeating those green foes!

Knight Rosewood Please leave a link for your log with your badge request to assist the castle accountants next time. A shield shall also be delivered to your armory at the next chance!

Thank you all for your efforts and congratulations on your new armor! A few cheers are in order for our newest Knights @MayCupcake and @AshlynPhoenix, I know you will both fight for the Green Room bravely! Now I submit to you a missive from our @KotGRCommander

KotgrCommander wrote: Huzzah Knights! You have fought bravely and I wish you the best luck as you journey onward in this month's missions! If you must rest on your journey to find Nate's Dragon I ask that you all consider joining A Knight's Journey - if you make your profile and an intro post during RP Month you shall earn a silver duck feather and 100 points for your efforts! Huzzah!

Fight bravely. And do not use your shield's as dinner plates.

- The Commander

Knight Alliyah raised her sword and rushed toward the Great Hall door. "Onward now into the battle!"
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

4094 Reviews

Reviews: 4094
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

The Great Hall is momentarily plunged into darkness as Knight Hardy of the Underworld makes an appearance, stepping through his usual doorway of darkness.

"Heyy everyone, just dropping by to claim a reward, sadly it isn't the dragon quite yet, I've only just about passed halfway on that hunt, that hunt shall take a good year or two more, buuut, I have in fact arrived to claim a town."

He unfurls a scroll

"That would be the evidence, one full novel's worth of green beast vanquished from the green room, save for the first chapter, but I believe the rules state that missing only the first chapter is still acceptable," he says with a smile before he sits down for the wait ahead.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:58 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

I have decided that I wish to become a knight ( :

Spoiler! :
this totally has NOthinG to do with the fact that I just read king arthur
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:21 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander strode kicking aside some feathers littered on the floor in search for a misplaced peperoni pizza slice. Ordinarily they'd send a member of The Court for such a menial task, but the court was occupied with several other ventures this month. The Commander was lifting up a green wall-hanging when they then looked up to see two alliterative citizens waiting patiently. "Greetings! If either of you sees any pizza around here, please let one of my office Squires know. I seem to have misplaced it." The Commander motioned for the two to come forward with their documents.

@TheMythMaster, you are hereby made a Squire! We look forward to your return with a log of 10 Green Room Reviews! Huzzah! You'll find your training knives are waiting in the Squires Dormitory if you have any questions.

@HarryHardy everything seems to be in order here! You are right about those rules - congratulations on this achievement, we've been looking for a Knight to keep track of Kingdom Parcel 417 it's rather close to the goblin swamp, but you're find it's within walking distance of the Roleplay lands too! Once you've selected a name for the town, we'll mark it off on our maps for you. I commission you to protect and defend the town against all beasts of the Green Room! Huzzah! (And good luck finding that dragon, I've been smelling dragon smoke recently, but I think it may have something to do with RP Month. Also Knight Harry please make a note in your log about the properties you've earned just for the ease of our record keepers, thank you!)

Just then the sound of small feet running was heard, and everyone turned their heads to see ... @ReviewBuddy running across the Great Hall with a slice of pizza on his head and a group of Tortoises chasing him (slowly). Lady Mailice (@MailicedeNamedy), Knight Rosewood (@Rosewood), and Knight Spearmint (@Spearmint) all followed with a net before stopping their tracks at the sight of The Commander's expression.

"What's going on here?" The Commander asked impatiently as Review Buddy disappeared from sight. "Wait a second was that my pizza??? We have to catch him!"

And with that everyone in the Great Hall swiftly exited in search of the mischievous raccoon.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:19 pm
View Likes
Rosewood says...

Knight Rosewood enters the hall, tugging out her week-old braids.

"Time for a helmet, I believe."
.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--.. ...- -...- -.. --.- .-- ....- .-- ----. .-- --. -..- -.-. --.-

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:04 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

I wish to become a knight! I have a question. Can we insert 10 old green room reviews(I mean the reviews which i did earlier)? Or they have to be new ones?

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:49 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

With excitement and awe, Mailice returns from her battle against the green dragons into the Great Hall. Her head is bandaged, her brown hair peeking out between them.

"I didn't have a torch with me when I went into these caves, that's why I hit my head a lot." Mailice explained calmly, "A helmet would already help me when I venture into the caves again."

She dug out several proofs of her hunt from her pouch and placed them on the ground in front of her to be admired. After that she kneels in front of the treasures and remains quiet for a while. With shining eyes, she looks up and continues.

"If you ever go outside, you will see that you have vast lands. Having someone to travel with you would be great." Mailice continued "I recommend a horse, black and have it named Daphne."

Again Mailice rummaged on the ground for some evidence of her last hunt and showed the achievements. Among them, in addition to fangs, were the horn and white scales of a dragon and a bone, where it was not quite clear how it had fitted into the bag in the first place.

"I hope that's enough.”

She bows with respect and takes a step back from her exploit.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:39 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

I wish to become a knight and join thy kingdom of brave soldiers!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:43 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

I am too lazy to write a story. Anyway, I am here to claim my shield and here are my records.

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:41 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

I have slayed ten green beasts and now I march into the Great Hall with my head held high.

"Here!" I say, "I deserve my knighthood now."
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician enters the Great Hall dragging a large pink wagon filled with papers.

Following behind her are @HarryHardy @RandomTalks @ForeverYoung299 @MailicedeNamedy @FireEyes @Plume @IcyFlame @chikara @whatchamacallit @SpiritedWolfe @Valkyria @Nicole136 @Liminality each also carrying stacks of papers, some of them dripping with pink ink.

"Paper work." Knight Alliyah mutters, never ends. "And somehow the castle tortoises have all escaped again, and I'm not filing the missing-critter paperwork for that."

Alliyah looked up to see Knight @ShadowVyper Court Park Ranger standing atop a ladder hanging a banner from chandelier to rafter that said "HAPPY REVIEW MONTH, KNIGHTS". "Did you forget that it's Review Month, Knight Alliyah?" Shady yelled down.

Knight Alliyah did a double take at the banner then at her calendar-book, that would surely explain all the extra checklists and review-receipts she had been mailed this month, yes of course it was September. "Well if it's Review Month, we better get our armor and knight-log in order!" She looked around the room at the gathered knights, squires, and citizens, and motioned for one of the office-squires to bring forward to official clipboard.

Knight Rosewood (@Rosewood) here is a helmet for the battle field, if you wish to adorn it with a feather or two, please stop over by the KotGR Storybook! Huzzah! I also meant to ask you if you'd seen any sightings of that Racoon @ReviewBuddy around? I think he may have stolen our castle tortoises.

Knight Mailice unrolled a double-sided list of reviews and handed it to Alliyah. "Knight Mailice! (@MailicedeNamedy) your name has been echoing across the Green Room with word of the great many reviews you have been conquering! You are well-due for a helmet, you'll find a horse exactly as you have described with Knight @JustPerks out at the castle stables, may your travels go swiftly with that one. I hear the horse has quite the personality! Huzzah and congratulations!

And it looks like we have 3 new Squires joining our ranks, you shall each be bestowed with a set of training knives to assist your reviewing, to answer Forever's question the Green Room reviews you log must be ones you make after declaring your intent to be a knight, so new ones. Welcome to our ranks @TheWordsofWolfe @ForeverYoung299 and @RandomTalks.

RandomTalks and Forever looked at each other and then produced a stack of pink review records already recorded. "Oh, it looks like you two are ready for your knighthood already!"

Suddenly the customary green carpet was rolled out and members of the Knight Marching Band led by @Carlito came marching in to recognize the occasion.

Squires from this day forth you shall be Knights RandomTalks and Forever, with review records like your own, I know you will defend the honor of the Knights valiantly. You are hereby commissioned to defend the Green Room as best as you are able, to be helpful with your reviews, and to shout Huzzah when the time is right! Please stand and accept these responsibilities.

The two newly knighted knights high-fived and then as soon as their green sashes were put over their shoulders ran straight out of the Great Hall to get to more reviewing. Knight Alliyah marked on her clipboard that Forever was due for a sword and shield the next time she stopped by the office.

Knight Harry tapped Alliyah's shoulder, "Hi, sorry to bother, but The Commander gave me this message, and I had to take my unicorn all the way from the other side of the Green Room to deliver it here."

Knight Alliyah unrolled the missive and read it aloud:
TheCommander wrote:
Huzzah! Congratulations to all knights on their Review Month victories! I am proud of your accomplishments - such a wonderful victory has been made so far this month thanks to the brave reviewing efforts of you!

The Green Room is still in peril though, as I write this 13 works still have 0 reviews, and 44 have just 1. I am calling all knights therefore to make their way to the Green Room to conquer it!

Huzzah!
- The Commander
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

4094 Reviews

Reviews: 4094
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:33 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A veil of darkness descends upon the hall. Out steps Knight Hardy from his usual midnight black portal

"Greetings," he says, "now yes, I have not yet completed the dragon quest..that sadly remains 88 reviews away, but I have tidied up my hall for the first time in ages well first time ever but that was beside the point and I've realized that I can lay claim to two badges!"

He cleared his throat.

"I would first like to claim the "Fellows in Arms" badge for bestowing a review upon fellow knight, Knight Andrew on this work.

He cleared his throat again cause he wasn't sure what else to use as a transition.

"And last I'd like to claim "The Head of a Wild Boar" for my review on the piece: Tavernkeep . It was a truly formidable foe and here's a transcript of our encounter for proof."

Transcript of an Encounter with a Mighty Green Beast in the Green Room
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln