z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:09 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Knight @Hattable, congrats to you on harnessing the power of those reviews to well, harness a horse. Your badge will be delivered momentarily and in the mean time, name the fine steed.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:37 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Oh, yes. Dog.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:44 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

Elysian's Log

I hath completed a challenge! I now ask thee to grant me a jousting lance.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:38 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander enters the Great Hall and gives some pointers to Squire @shaniac and Squire @Feltrix about proper technique for whittling wooden figurines with Training Knives.

Knight @BlueAfrica hands The Commander a large map of the Green Room littered with titles of works in need of a review.

"RevMo is coming up commander! What are we going to do about this?"

The Commander takes the map and stamps the official KotGR seal on the lower right corner. "We will need all forces to be at the ready. We'll need to be organized and fearless."

Knight @alliyah steps forward with a ledger of knight achievements in hand. "Commander, it's good to see you, and I know you're busy, but can you make some of the official sign-offs on these awards?"

The Commander sees Knight @elysian's name at the top of the ledger and nods. "Of course! We need all of our Knights to be well armed for the journey that lies ahead.

Knight Elysian, will you come forward!
"

Knight Elysian runs forward with her list of reviews trailing behind, and a smear of ink on her shoulder. "I'm here, Commander!"

The Commander hands her a proper jousting lance. "Receive this lance, and use it to defend the Green Room, brave Knight!"

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:36 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

I'd like to be a squire! (That's how it is done, right?)
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:10 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Querencia's Log

I believe that I have earned a horse. Which is good, because my feet are getting rather tired!
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:07 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander marches in with a list of the noble names of those who've pledged to review during Review Month.

Greetings comrades!

Knight Querencia (@Querencia) you have absolutely earned your horse, and I trust that they will serve you well as you travel the vast and varied lands of the Green Room. I've arranged for your new steed to be brought to the stables, all that is left to do is for you to find a name fitting for the animal. May you fight many a foe in each others' company!

Ah and I see we have a new recruit that wishes to join our order? Squire TheWeirdoFromBeyond (@TheWeirdoFromBeyond) it's good to have you here, especially as we'll need all hands on deck for the upcoming battles of Review Month. To gain your title of knighthood you'll have to collect 10 Green Room Reviews, post them in your log, then bring news of your successes back to the Great Hall. To assist in that, I give you these Training Knives. I see you've already got your log started and in good order, but if you need any other assistance please stop over to The Squires' Dormitory.

Good luck to you all! I must be off, as Review Month is upon the edge of the horizon and there is much to be done.

Huzzah!
Last edited by KotGRCommander on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:26 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

I wish to become a Knight!
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:19 am
KotGRCommander says...

Welcome @Danni88! You now shall be known as Squire Danni88 - to claim your rank of Knighthood we ask that you record 10 new Green Room Reviews in a log.

Here's the preferred formatting for that:

Code: Select all
[b]Knighthood[/b]
[b]1.[/b] LINK TO GREEN ROOM REVIEW
[b]2.[/b] LINK
[b]3.[/b] LINK
[b]4.[/b] LINK
[b]5.[/b] LINK
[b]6.[/b] LINK
[b]7.[/b] LINK
[b]8.[/b]LINK
[b]9.[/b] LINK
[b]10.[/b] LINK

Then once you've gathered those reviews, come back to the Great Hall with a link to your log and declare you victory! If you get lost at all please seek help in the The Squires' Dormitory.

Huzzah!

Oh and before I forget, here are your Training Knives to assist in your endeavors. Be careful with them, they're not sharp at all, but they are valuable!

Huzzah!

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:16 pm
Danni88 says...

Thank you!
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:54 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

concord's Log

Knight concord falls on the floor of the Great Hall.

"I have finally come to claim necessary belongings!"

They wave to a few knights throughout the room.

"Don't know how I managed to make it this way without a shield, a helmet, and an adorable horse, but here I am, I guess."

They scratch their head. "So, yeah, that'd be nice stuff to have for my next journey!"
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:38 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

concord's log

Knight Concord knocked on the jeweled doors that lead to the Great Hall.

"Anyone there?" They called. "I am proud to stand before you and ask for Full Armor as well!"

After a few silent moments, they sighed and sat down by the entrance. Once the Commander showed, they would get their equipment then.

One motion led to another and Knight concord was soon asleep sitting upright.

----

concord's log

The next morning (more like a little later), Knight Concord marched up to the Great Hall once more.

"May I please have a Jousting Lance as well, my good Commander?"

They sat back in their previous spot. One more day's wait wouldn't kill them if the Great Green Beats were no match for them.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:26 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah rushes in covered in some brown muck that seems to have spilled over on to her username, likely residual ink from the many reviews that have been slayed over Review Month. She notices Knight Concord (@Concord) lying in a corner covered with a lengthy list of reviews.

"Commander, I have done it! Though it has taken me many moons and battles since I started this quest in January, I believe I finally have enough reviews to exchange for a Chest of Gold. Here's the link to my log: Knight Alliyah's log . I hope all is in order, as I am eager to begin my quest in search for the elusive Unicorn that I heard can be found in the depths of the Green Room.".
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Lady Lizz was leaning back in her chair with the Rawhide theme blasting within her office. The ravens were sitting on their perches and swaying back and forth when the Squire approached the door.

"Ma'am. There's business to be attended to in the Great Hall."
"Monkey business or Knightly business, because I don't take care of the former anymore."
"Knightly."

She sighed, picked up the badge box and tossed a new scroll to the Squire.

"Knight @alliyah and Knight @concord! How good to see the both of you again."

She took out a Shield, a Helmet and an IOU note for a Horse.
"You've got to name that thing once you make it to the stables. I recommend looking at the horse first, so you don't end up with a gelding named 'Jane'."
Out of the box also come a Full Suit of Armor, except for one screw that the Squire quickly apologized for, as well as apologizing for the light blood stain on the Jousting Lance.

"And for Alliyah, here is a Chest of Gold. Please use it wisely and remember how much the minimum wage is here."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:03 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Knight Cat appears in front of the Great Hall doors. She had been missing for quite a while, so a few knights had to blink before recognizing her. She waves her log around and asks, "May I please have my full set of armor? I think I need more than this now beat up helmet." She then sits down and starts scribbling on a scroll, waiting for someone to help her.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica