z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

Reviews: 1
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Welcome back Squire Knight @Lake and congratulations on earning your first trophy on the journey you have just begun. Go out of the Great Hall and make a right at the statue of the Golden Griffin, three doors down and you'll find @LadyLizz in the Knighthood 101 department. They take care of the pieces of armor and explaining how to work through a review, before and after you have the proper equipment.

And greetings to you Squire @LJF. We will supply you with the standard set of Training Knives to help you slay the required 10 Green Room beasts. Once you have finished that task, return to us with the proof in your logs.
If you have not made a log already, please do so and take a glance at the recommended formatting above, it's recommended for a reason.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

*coughs whike surreptitiously slipping Squire @rosette some Training Knives*
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:20 pm
View Likes
inktopus says...

I have at long last decided on a name for my horse, a magnificent companion for the long, hard reviews. His name shall be Claude! A noble name for a noble beast.
insert profound quote here

Formerly Stormcloud

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Knight @stormcloud, Claude is a magnificent name for a magnificent horse. I will have a name plate ordered for his stall in the stables immediately, but with the goblin strike, it will have to be gold plated. Expected the package in 3-5 business days, but make sure to keep up your quest in the meantime.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:04 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I come to rest my feet and claim my spoils after having spent far too much time away traversing distant lands.

Elinor Triumphant

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

It's been a very long time, but I come to claim my Chest of Silver!

Knight Buggie's Boisterous Adventures

I believe everything is in order, though I wouldn't be surprised if I lost a GR review during review day.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:38 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The Commander napped soundly in his chambers above the Great Hall, snuggled up to his stuffed dragon plushie. It was quite cute, to be honest.

Knight Lumi and Knight @LadyLizz were at work restocking the TURKEY DISPENSERS in the Great Hall when in walked Knight @Elinor--rain-soaked and muddied. Her daggers were ragged and stained, and this roused suspicion among the great KNIGHTS assembled. Before her unfurled a great log of slain GREEN ROOM WORKS that spanned on for a good five meters.

"Good Lord!" shouted Lumi, "that log spans on for a good five meters!"

Knight Lizz elbowed him in the ribs for making an immediate callback joke.

"It appears many accolades are in order," he said as he took a magnifying glass to look over the names of the beasts. "So many accolades indeed..." He stood tall and took out his sword. "Knight @Elinor, I hereby grant you rights to the following!"

A horde of blacksmiths scurried from their usual spot, which was luckily not near the TURKEY DISPENSERS.

"A SWORD, SHIELD, HELMET, HORSE, FULL ARMOR, JOUSTING LANCE, and COAT OF ARMS!" He took a long breath. "Your task now is to name your horse a fine name that she may serve you well in times good and bad, through battle and rest, til death do you part!"

Just as his tirade was over, Knight @Ventomology entered the GREAT HALL and dispensed a TURKEY, sitting at the banquet table. With mouth full of roasted meat, she called: "OMNOMNOM CHEST OF SILVER PLEASE." And thus unfurled another five-meter scroll.

"Dear Lord," cried Lumi, "that scroll is nigh on five meters!"

Lizz knocked him out with the hilt of her sword. "One chest of silver, filled to the brim with your tantilizing rewards, shall be yours, O Great Knight." And then she rolled her eyes as only Knight Lizz could do. "Seriously, though, it's on its way--it just takes a while for the lackeys to haul it in here."

Upon such words, Knight @Kyllorac hauled the CHEST OF SILVER into the Great Hall with no problem at all. "I left the lackeys behind after I beat them in Ye Ole Arm Wrestling."

"Are you saying you were playing games on the job?"

"I'm saying we need stronger lackeys."

"Berbidy bip hmmmmm..." managed Lumi on the floor before falling asleep once more.

"I believe that concludes today's business!" shouted Kyllorac. Toeing Lumi's nose with their boot, Kyllorac snickered and whispered: "Clamor on, Knights..."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

766 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:41 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@LadyLizz sat in silence, having a staring contest with the raccoon statues KNIGHT @Kyllorac had slowly been placing around her office. Along with the statues came a betting pool of how many could be there before she smashed one.
Her personal solution to this was covering each one up with a cloth or pillowcase, so at least she didn't have to look at them.

The day was rather gloomy, and it had rained on and off for the past week. There was a banging against the window, which either meant they would now be dealing with hail or ghosts, either way she didn't care enough to find out. Instead she went back to her research, trying to find out how backlogged she was on reviews.

The final total came into the 310s so obviously not backlogged enough.
Still only 200 more reviews to get to the unicorn and #RevMo wasn't all that far away.

The knocking on the window continued, followed by several splats and a small tree bursting through the panes. It was now apparent that she should have KNIGHT @Lumi replace the window months ago. The tree was followed by a small flock of ravens, KNIGHT @blueafrica's unicorn and a toad.

"What the h-" Thunder rumbled in the distance, covering up her swear, which was inappropriate for the written record. The audio tape including that brief period of dialogue, is available in the archives.

The messenger toad (he was wearing a saddle, obviously a messenger toad) hopped up on the table, looking for his rider. A small and disgruntled fairy, presented the water stained scroll.

It mainly requested back-up regarding the goblin strike and dueling dwarves and the riot going on with the elves.

The Lady looked down at the small fairy.
"Why do they call me about these things?"
It shrugged and mounted the messenger toad, hopping out of the window and onto the next office.

Blue's unicorn was scarfing down cookies in the corner and found out what it was like to get its behind slapped by a fly swatter.

All that were left were the ravens, each representing a member of her mostly inactive order.

"Squire, call the following Knights (@Kays, @BlueAfrica, @Steggy, @PrincessInk, and @BiscuitsLeGuin) into my office and get my armor."
"Why?"
"I'm your boss, that's why."
"But why?"
"We're going on an adventure. And please hang an official re-opening sign on The Order of the Ravens office ."

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
rosette says...

Despite receiving her Training Knives four days late (!!!), the Squire Rosette managed to survive by attacking the G.R. beasts with her nails and strangling them with her hair, and has now bravely returned with ten mangled creatures as proof.

The Log of Knight Rosette
On earth I long to be like Him

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:21 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Carina fumbles into the Great Hall, squints at her giant map held in front of her face, then looks around the room. "Weird," she mumbles. "I've been in this area a thousand times, but I've never been to this place before."

Though the room was filled with gold, art, and artifacts, one particular object caught her attention: a contract with pictures of Green Beasts terrorizing the Town of Forums and City of Yewis.

WE NEED YOU TO STOP THE BEASTS. BECOME A KOTGR KNIGHT, the contract titled.

Oooooh, a knight! Feeling a sense heroism fill her heart, she signed the contract and exclaimed, "I wish to become a knight!"

Spoiler! :
For some reason I never got involved with KotGR -- but that changes now. Better late than never, amiright?
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

766 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Welcome back KNIGHT @rosette! You can stick with rosette as your title following Knight or switch it up a bit, just a choice that I'm offering people now.
Your badge will be in the mail.

And greetings to you SQUIRE @Carina!
Here is your set of Training Knives.
Your mission is pretty simple in theory but with just training knives, it will prove treacherous. Go out to the wild land of Green Room, slay 10 beasts, and return to me with records of those conquests. If you have not made a log already, please do so now.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:16 pm
DeerInBacPac says...

The woman stumbled into the hall, rain soaked and holding onto the last of her things.

She looked around, noticing a tattered paper on the stone walls.

"Knights wanted... huh." She scribble along side the the paper that contained dosens of names, writing down her what she was to be called.

"Squire Nonsense, soon to be Knight Nonsense." She mumbled with a smiled. "I wish to be knight!" She yelled, opening her arms while a her spellbook fell from her bag.

Things were gonna get better.

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:06 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

The Knight Rosette has discovered hair-strangling and Training Knives do not slay every sort of creature in the lands of the Green Room, and has returned to the hall in desperate need of a sword.

The Log of Knight Rosette
On earth I long to be like Him

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:39 am
AliceinBluue says...

The girl makes her way into the hall. She has been here a few times before, but has not yet been brave enough to commit herself to the task of becoming a Knight, instead relegating herself to being a silent shadow.

But this time, this time is different. She can feel it in her very bones as she makes her way to the paper and signs her name before she can second guess her self.

She takes a moment to admire her name on the list, whispering 'Squire Alice' and enjoying the way it feels rolling off her tongue.

And her quest for Knighthood is begun!

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 pm
KotGRCommander says...

Hark, Knights of the Green Room! A hearty welcome to Squire @Flumadiddle and Squire @AliceinBluue, our newest acolytes in our grand order! Be sure to greet them with a flagon of your non-alcoholic beverage of choice!

Squires, take your Training Knives and listen well, for this is your mission: Venture forth into the Green Room and slay 10 beasts. Return with your record, and you will be found worthy of knighthood.

And Knight @rosette, indeed, mere knives are insufficient for the more ferocious of Green Room beasts, and in light of your hair-strangling ingenuity I am proud to present you with your well-earned Sword. May many a beast perish by its blade.

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical