z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

I am here to claim my Armor and my Lance!
Stormblesseds' Log
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

I rushed into the Great Hall, right behind Stormblessed. "I have come to claim my horse Commander!"
Stellarjay's Log

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:59 am
View Likes
ChrisCalaid says...

I have questions.....
How do I change my log so it's labeled Slaying?
Also how long do you have to wait to get the Knight of Green Room Great Hall badge?

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:19 am
View Likes
ChrisCalaid says...

I claim my Sword and Shield!

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:57 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

I claim my shield!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

*busts in politely*

I COME TO CLAIM A SWORD, A SHIELD, A HELMET, A HORSE, FULL ARMOR, AND A JOUSTING LANCE

AND I AM DOING ALL OF THIS very late, I apologize I have fallen way behind on bookkeeping and it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize I had to claim these things in this thread but anyways I am here now
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 pm
View Likes
pelsteam says...

I wish to become a knight!

(Uhh... also a query about whether the six Green Room reviews I've done in the past two days count, or if I start from scratch?)

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:17 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

@pelsteam start from scratch. :D
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:13 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander had gotten lost on their journey's return from the Green Room, it seems that once every few years the river between the storybooks and roleplay lands floods leaving the ground un-navigable. Days turned into weeks, then weeks turned into months, as the green room numbers grew and the knights waited for their commander's return.

Until finally... a message came from The Court ... a map crafted by Knight Alliyah that had passed from the stealing hands of a Raccoon (@ReviewBuddy), a Turkey, and then finally the Raven Guthrag (treasured bird of Knight @Vil) who delivered the map to The Commander!

And the map led The Commander directly to the Great Hall where many knights and squires were awaiting their commander's good word.

Huzzah! I apologize for my long-delayed absence!

I seem to have taken a wrong turn outside the Storybook Sea on my way from the Green Room, but I am much heartened to see you all here, reviewing diligently even while I was gone! Let's get to these awards!

A few members of the court who had been busily keeping track of each new knight's request in a ledger jumped up to straighten their record keeping.

Court Captain @CaptainJack handed an itemized list of weapons and armor pieces to The Commander, "we had a few issues with getting all of our supplies by postal service this round, so you'll find most of the chain-mail for the armor sets was specially commissioned to be made by local-goblin artisans, but besides that everything should be just as expected."

The Commander did a double-take looking at the long list of names requiring new armor, weapons, and recognition, "well let's take this in one big sweep I suppose! Line up and collect your armor from the court members as you pass please."

Knight Vilinus (@Vil) thank you first for sending your raven to my assistance! Receive a sword, helmet, and jousting lance for your continued reviewing battles!

Knight Storm (@stormblessed242), you've been busy! Continue forward to collect your armor and jousting lance!

Knight Sound (@soundofmind) I have long hoped you'd return to this hall amidst your adventuring! For your many efforts receive a sword, shield, helmet, full armor, and jousting lance you'll find reviewing a good deal easier now that you're equipped with the write weaponry! No need to use slingshots and nerf-guns any longer. Huzzah and well done!

Knight Star (@starlitmind) I hardly recognized you with the new lime green details! Congratulations! You'll find a set of full armor and a jousting lance ready for you!

Knight Momo (@LordMomo) and Knight Rosewood (@Rosewood) you'll each find a sword in the armory for your battles. And LordMomo grab a shield while you're at it!

And before we get to the last few items of business I'll ask @stormblessed, @vil, @soundofmind, and @Stellarjay to follow Court Grounds Consultant Perks to the stables to pick out your new horses! Once you've settled on a name for your steed, please bring word here so we can make note of it on our insurance documents. Keep them well!

The Commander pushed some sweat off their brow as knights filed around collecting their new armor and weapons. Now on to our next matters!

I am very pleased to recognize @Rosewood, @writingbright, @ChrisCalaid, @yoshikrab, @izzywidgeon, and @pelstream each as brand new squires in our order! I'm eager for you to return with your 10 new Green Room reviews to be knighted!

Court Magician Alliyah nudged the commander and unfolded another short reference list.

"oh! It looks like I won't have to wait long!" the commander continued, some of you squires are all ready to be knighted and a few of our veteran-squires have finally found their way back from the green room as well! @LordMomo, @ChrisCalaid, @Rosewood, @Carina please kneel before the order.

The squires each knelt as the goblin chorus started their boisterous serenade and a few of the knight-party-committee members unrolled the customary dark green banners.

"From this day, Momo, Chris, Rose, Carina you shall be hereby knighted and full members of this order. You are asked to review with honor and bravery and to defend the green room with every effort. Huzzah!"

And the assembly let our a great Huzzah!!

Spoiler! :
@ChrisCalaid, I'll grab you the rest of your armor, just please clean up your log by taking out the review-repeats first. Thank you! And welcome to the knights of the Green Room!

And @Stellarjay could you let me know what badge this one is going for, the link wasn't working.

And it looks like that's all of our awards, save this last one! It is my great honor to announce another member has been added to Knightly Court. From this day Knight Shady (@ShadowVyper) will be joining as our official Court Parks Ranger - Fish, Fowl, and Magical Beast Wrangler we've had some issues recently making sure we are keeping track of all the various creatures ... especially among the racoons, golden fish and geese in these lands and felt the addition of an official Court Ranger has been much needed. Congratulations Knight Shady!

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:33 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The newly honored Court Ranger @ShadowVyper stood up and consulted their own map of critters that had been meticulously updated and checkmarked in the days before.

"Well Commander, with my new title, maybe this is a good time to let you know ... we seem to have lost track of one of the local unicorns... they vanished sometime in the midst of the NaNo battles and there have been zero sighting since. With the populations of unicorns dwindling, it may be many moons until we see another."

The Commander consulted the map then cross-checked it with a list of Reviewing Knights. "You know, the disappearance of this unicorn seems to line up directly with the last mission of one of our most dedicated knights @HarryHardy Knight Harrison Harvard Hardy of The Underworld! ... Curious... curious...."

Court Magician Alliyah chimed in, "You don't think he could have found the Unicorn?!"

Just then .... the great doors of the Great Hall burst open and Court Battle Consultant @BluesClues rode in with her long-sought after unicorn (with her dragon circling above) she was setting her digital watch to 21 minutes exactly, before she'd start another round of writing drafts. "Ope! Lemme just squeeze in here, look who I found out and about!"

And behind Blue, atop another unicorn was none other than @HarryHardy! Knight Hardy beamed holding a long list of reviews conquered in record time.

BluesClues spoke again, "I took the liberty of checking that all the reviews were in order, and all that's needed is the final paperwork over in the castle headquarters."

Knights started gathering closer, rarely was one unicorn seen in the Great Hall, let alone two!

The Commander addressed Harry, "I must say I'm impressed! All that's left to check off is a name for our records Knight Hardy!"

Knight Hardy spoke up, "This Unicorn will be called Elysium!"

"Three Cheers for Elysium! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray" ~

Congratulations Harry, you join a small group of Knights who have achieved this rank, you may want to consult Knight @BluesClues when it comes time to claim a dragon! For few have ever attempted such a feat.

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

I am very sorry for the broken link. This one should work - work/ToBeMe/The-Odd-One-Out-93666?c=698978#c698978
I wish to claim the badge of the shrubbery!

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:33 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Knight Loonzy wanders into the Great Hall, rather belated. "I've come for my coat of arms - I hope it hasn't rusted away by now. My apologies for the un-punctuality."
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:19 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Knight Blues claps Knight @HarryHardy on the shoulder. "I'm sure this one will have no trouble claiming a dragon! In fact, I'm sure he'll soon surpass me and begin an even more difficult quest, one which we barely could have conceived of until now!"

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:14 am
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Stormblessed proudly declares: "The name of my mighty steed shall be: Highstorm!"
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:46 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

I wish to become a Knight!
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle