z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Lieutenant Lizz stepped off the transporter pad, glitter still falling off her suit of armor from the end of Knight @Blueafrica's holiday celebrations. The adventures on the ship had stalled out after an unfortunate goblin interaction, making it very good to be home.

A stack of logs for approval and badge requests were carefully piled on her desk, ready to tip at any moment. She skimmed over the official papers while walking down to the Great Hall. A few Office Squires flocked to her side, bringing up a long sheet of agenda needs.

"Ma'am, there's a stack of knights waiting for you."
"Get me a cup of coffee."

Lizz swept the pile of newspapers off the throne and took the sheet of names from another waiting squire. The line of Knights in the Hall was nothing like the crowds that used to show up after a Review Day battle but still enough people to cause anxiety.

"Greetings Knight Rain (@EternalRain) and congratulations on completing another noble quest. Consider your design carefully."

Rain turned away with a piece of sheet metal and a pamphlet of information on "Designing Your Own Coat of Arms".

Knight @Shikora stepped into her place, presenting two raincheck vouchers for a Horse and for a Full Suit of Armor. Squire @cloudkid slid to the side as a horse and a suit were brought into the Great Hall, and a few squires tied the armor on with bungee cords.

"Choose wisely in your name for this horse, Shikora."

It then turned to Knight Vyper (@ShadowVyper), waiting patiently in line with a small snake across their shoulders. The Lieutenant quickly read over the case reporter, setting her coffee mug down as a gavel and making a court declaration.

"With all of the great service you have done to this Kingdom, a Chest of Gold is a fair reward. The naming of your civilian property positions is approved and if you need anything further, bring it up with the Record Keepers."

Then the crowd cleared way to present a man from the outer villages, asking, "Is this the proper place to become a Knight?"
The Lieutenant took a sip of her coffee and leaned out of the chair to look at the recruit stumbling into their hall.
"And what do you wish to declare, sir?"
"I wish to become a Knight."
"Then by the power invested in me by the great Kingdom of Yewis, I present you with these Training Knives, to help with slaying in the Great Green Room. Return to this hall in 10 Green Room Reviews time, with the proper log documentation, of course."

She stepped off the edge of the stage and announced, "Court is adjourned until further need arises. Now excuse me while I go and deal with paperwork."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:23 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Night EagleFly marched in to the nights of the green room hall snow and soot drenching her, she went to the fire and sate down, she looked up and said, "I wish to have a sword. EagleFlys log
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Night Shikora walked into the Great Hall and flopped down into a seat near the fire. She was covered in inc and snow. Pulling up the hood of her armor she said "I have returned with ten more reviews from the Green Room," She calls. "And I wish for A Jousting Lance! To make my slaying of the beats fast next time."

Knight Shikora's log
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:05 am
View Likes
paperforest says...

Greetings! I declare my intent to become a Knight! (Am I a squire now? Should I make a logbook?)

386 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:16 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Night EagleFly marched back into the nights of the green room hall, Seeing some def-feet on her face, she sate down, on to a chair, and looked up at there master, and she said, I have come to clam my shield," EagleFly said with along look on being onest.
EagleFlys log

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:29 am
View Likes
Que says...

In the midst of her questing, Querencia remembered that she was owed a Jousting Lance! Dutifully, she began to fill out the extensive paperwork required for such a thing...
Querencia's Log
Parlez-vous français?

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:12 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Knight Africa wiped her brow. She had slain her thousandth enemy with the help of a translation provided by @Arcticus. She leaned on her sword and rested her forehead against her unicorn's withers, exhausted but grimly triumphant.

Overhead, the sky shook with a roar.

Knight Africa looked up. A dragon circled overhead...

Knight Africa's Log of Reviews

Spoiler! :
I forget who I talked to about this way back when I passed 500, but I vote for a Dragon Badge for 1000 reviews, please.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:21 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

a nearby dragon shriek shakes the floors of the castles, and the Great Hall doors burst open

Greetings Knights and Villagers! Apologies that I'm not The Commander - it seems he is still making his way here... on foot... because of the whole stolen horse business. But Lieutenant Lizz @LadyBird has been in communication with the Commander and told him of all of your achievements, including the newest significant achievement of Knight Africa (@BlueAfrica). Considering we've never had a member of our order get to one-thousand reviews we are awaiting his official order and presence for the Great Hall ceremonies. Our party budget was also burned during the Holiday Spaceship bash, so can't do much until The Commander gets here.

another booming dragon shriek shakes the building, and a few windows in the back of the hall break

Squire would you take care of those windows before the ceremonies please! Err, anyways, it is my privilege to let you know that in the Commander's absence he has commissioned a formal decree for posting in the site's common area - by which I think he meant The Lounge - I would ask you all to take a look at it - and we'll see you again here ... when the Commander gets here ... sorry again on the wait, and congratulations to all of you!

Important Message from The Commander
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

386 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:10 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

EagleFly came in with some thing, The Commanders Horse I found it last night galloping through the blizzard of the green room, so I came to give it to some one over here. :arrow: :idea:

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:10 am
View Likes
jster02 says...

After a long, harrowing journey, Squire Jster staggers up the castle steps dragging a sack with a trophy from every green room beast slain. Contemplating the ups and downs of his noble quest, he pushes open the doors to the great hall and slips inside for some much needed rest. As the door closes behind him, Jster cannot help but wonder what other adventures are still to come.

Jster's bag of trophies:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=417&t=107928
What's the point of success if it makes me miserable?

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

There is a knock at the Great Hall's door. Stepping in from the rain, weary and sore, Squire Oliver takes slow and sure steps into the Hall, a scroll in his hand. He hands it over - his proof of his greatest accomplishment to date, the names of ten great slain beasts. He kneels and awaits his honor.

Reviews: 1
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander limped in, with slightly less pep in his step than the knights were used to seeing, muttering, "I swear when I find that horse, I'm going to find a GPS tracker to install."

The Captain of the Guard @LadyBird came forward with a greenish horse - "We weren't quite sure how to get ahold of you, but it turns out that Knight EagleFly actually found your horse last week! We posted a description in the last Squills update, and that seems to have done the trick. You really need to get a cellphone one of these days Commander."

The Commander straightened up upon seeing the expectant knights and villagers around the hall - some wearing party hats over their helmets, and others holding shiny green balloons. "Ah, I see some of you at least must have heard word of the news - next time someone send me an Uber or Taxi, I've been out of town searching on foot for my horse, but came as quickly as my feet allowed me once I heard the monumental news! A huge thank you to Knight Eagle for finding my horse, I'm not sure how you managed that in the blizzard. Let's get on with the ceremonies shall we, I'll trust that Knight Alliyah and Knight Lizz have checked out all of the paperwork for these first ones."

@paperforest welcome to the crew! Your Squire orientation will be covered over in the Squire Dormitory where I'll ask Knight Alliyah Court Magician (@alliyah) to assign you a pair of training knives and answer any questions you might have. From this day forth, until you return to these halls with 10 new logged Green Room Reviews you shall be known as Squire Paperforest. Welcome!

Knight EagleFly (@EagleFly) you are awarded with both a Shield and a Sword -- take care of the sword, you'll find it a good deal sharper than the training knives were.

And it looks like both Knight Querencia (@Querencia) and Knight Shikora (@Shikora) are due for a Jousting Lance. Congratulations to both of you on your achievements!

And I am very pleased to welcome two promising Knights to our order - Squire @jster02 & Squire @Cloudkid - please come forward and kneel. A dark green carpet was set out and the customary band trumpeted. "You shall now be known as Knight Jster and Knight Oliver - I ask that you serve the Green Room with honor and bravery. Huzzah! Come back when you 10 more Green Room reviews - and we'll get those training knives traded in for a sword."

*The ground shook and a horrible howling noise echoed through the Great Hall*

"Now, to get to this matter. Knight BlueAfrica (@BlueAfrica), please come forward. "

Knight BlueAfrica rode atop her legendary unicorn, with a list trailing behind of the many foes she had slain, but also a list of the many works she had saved from the Green Room from her years as a Knight. Chief Scribe Kale (@Kale) made several check marks over a long list of achievements. A hush fell over the Knights assembled.

Suddenly the customary green carpet shifted unveiling a bold blue color in honor of the Knight of the evening. Balloons floated up, and the Knights gathered in. "Knight BlueAfrica, you have served our order proudly for many years now, reviewing where no knight has gone before - with poise and bravery. You have done well by both of your orders and to the Knights of the Green Room, and for your latest achievement of slaying a thousand reviews - I give you this official licensing for one of the legendary dragons of the Green Room."

*Just then a dragon burst through the Great Hall, sending a few Squires running*

"It will be your job to capture and train dragon of course, as unfortunately our insurance policy does not cover our stable-hands doing that. You are also hereby commissioned as a Legendary Knight with all the honors that apply. Please continue to update us on your travels and adventures here in the Great Hall as your journeys are an encouragement to us all. And if you happen to get to three-thousand green room reviews, there may also be more badges in store for you.

Congratulations to our Chief Battle Advisor Knight Blue Africa the Legendary Green Room Defender! And Huzzah!!"

*all who were assembled, including the great beast of a dragon, shouted Huzzah and the walls of the Great Hall shook with festive music and the sounds of knights celebrating these victories. *

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:39 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

****ALL KNIGHTS PING****

Spoiler! :

@Hannah @PenguinAttack @Trident @Kale @Kirkiln @niteowl @Rydia @beckiw @Lauren2010 @Audy @ShadowVyper @FermentingFruit @Paracosm @Wherethewindgoes @Caesar @Searria%20H. @dogs @guineapiggirl @Soulkana @noninjaes @Auxiira @StoneHeart @Animal @Aley @Jonathan @barefootrunner @Elinor @alliyah @Sins @Iggy @ArcticMonkey @Sapi @skorlir @KnightTeen @manisha @Valkyrie17 @megsug @EloquentDragon @lyricalrebel @fortis @dragonfphoenix @ShadowHunter @Messenger @Blackwood @ajruby12 @Cailey @PeanutPhoebe @whitewolfpuppy @Morkish @DreamWork @NightWolf @yubbies21 @tgirly @D4RKR4VEN @birk @AlfonsoFernandez @TimmyJake @FireFox @Snowery @Adnamarine @Cheetah @Tenyo @JohnLocke1 @AEChronicle @AlexSushiDog @WritingWolf @BiscuitsLeGuin @lostthought @Kyana @Lumi @Evander @kayfortnight @GreenTulip @Dreamy @Wisteria @LiptonCookie @Magenta @SpiritedWolfe @Wolfical @CesareBorgia @BrumalHunter @catcha01 @Ventomology @Willard @r4p17 @TheCrimsonLady @Kanome @AdmiralKat @Sylar @EmeraldEyes @Morrigan @Satira @ThereseCricket @BlueAfrica @Pretzelstick @EscaSkye @Kelpies @anonymousx @Masquerade @bellathebookworm @ChiravianSkies @PickledChrissy @ParanormalMyth @Authorian @Pompadour @Steggy @FeatherPen @LadyBird @Sujana @JediDeadpool @Carlito @EternalRain @RoyalHighness @reikann @RippleGylf @felistia @Mea @Kaylaa @Astronomer @Casanova @FalconerGal9086 @AmyMedek @deleted868 @JosephGeorge @Squirtlepowiee @PrincessInk @Saruka @VegasLights @RubyRed @inktopus @LadyStardust @zaminami @TheBlueCat @LakeOfCancer @rosette @Midnightmoon @DragonNoir @MJTucker @DeerInBacPac @Querencia @DragonWriter22 @Vervain @LJF @AliceinBluue @Hattable @arden @fraey @manilla @BiruKun @elysian @WritingPrincess @AkeliaTaske @Lives4Christ24 @soundofmind @Nobunaga @FlamingPhoenix @EagleFly @jster02 @Cloudkid

*earlier today*
Spoiler! :

The Commander leans back in his official office chair reading the latest issue of Squills with the members of the court surrounding him. There's a knock on the door, and an Office Squire goes to inspect. A raccoon hands a scrap of paper and key to the Squire, the Squire reads the note aloud.

"NOTICE
Building permit set to expire:
May 2019

"

The Commander sits up, confused "Building permit? Who called for that? I thought the windows were fixed from the dragon damage last month."

The Knights look at each other, Captain of the Guard @LadyBird retrieves a map of the Castle Premises, Court Magician @alliyah pulls out a roster of new Squires, Chief Scribe @Kale gets out the "Challenge" files from a green brief case.

"It sounds familiar Commander, but I can't quite remember what it was for..." Chief Battle Advisor @BlueAfrica admitted.

The Commander reached for the land-line, this was going to require a call to the Admins. *on the phone* "Yep, Commander speaking, mhmm, yes, of course, .... well... no actually, we're still good on funds for balloons... no not the goblins this time... I'm calling to ask about a building permit. ... Ah, of course! Many thanks!" *hangs up*

"Well folks, Knight @Rydia just informed me that the last building permit we took out was for the Library Restoration project. Remember? Main Challenge Four? If we want to get this done by May, we're going to need all Knights on deck. We may even need some new recruits. Can you all handle that?"

"Yes, Commander!"

Greetings Knights!

Earlier today I received a notice that our Building Permit for the Restoration of the Library Challenge is about to expire (May 2019) - that means I need any available knights to grab your weapons and help clear out the rubble! It is crucial that we meet this May deadline.

For those who aren't familiar with the Restoration of the Library Challenge - to help "clear the rubble" you must complete 2 Green Room Reviews for 3 fellow Knights (6 Reviews total) and record in The Challenge Thread - once we get 100 Reviews done by this method, the rubble will be cleared and we'll move on to phase 2 of our building project. For each Knight that completes this limited time challenge, you'll receive a badge to display in your trophy cases, as well as my sincere gratitude.

Huzzah!

- The Commander

-----------

If you have any questions reply in the The Challenge Thread

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight FlamingPhoenix walked into the Great Hall. Her armor covered in snow, and dripping in ink. Slowly she walked up to a seat and sat down a list of reviews in her hand. Then she called out. "I have returned from the Green Room, and I am now in need of a Village.

Knight Shikora's log

I used to be Knight Shikora.
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:28 pm
View Likes
paperforest says...

Squire Paperforest stumbled in out of the snow and stood a moment to catch her breath. Her snow-soaked squire's uniform dripped into a puddle at her feet, and she breathed onto her hand, trying to bring them back to life. "I've got to get back out there to help Team Frozen, but I came to drop this off," she said, setting down a copy of her log. She lingered a moment by the warmth of the fire, and then hurried back out into the snowstorm.

Oh, I'm sorry. My friends are in the popcorn and I have to save them.
— Tori Hansen, Power Rangers Ninja Storm