z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

Reviews: 1
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander paraded in, carrying a list of pledges and battle plans from the recent events of the Review Month. He did a double-take seeing Knight @Querencia and Knight MJ (@tuckster) wearing bright cyan lengths of fabric pinned to the outside of their armor they were busily conversing about Reviewing Victories and Strategies with Squire Liberty (@Liberty) and Consultant, Knight Fraey (@fraey) who were dressed in similar cyan adornment.

"Greetings good Knights & Squires, I've heard great news of your Green Room battles from my lookout position in the field! I'm not following what all this color changing business is, but nonetheless I am proud that you and other Reviewing Knights are representing the Knights of the Green Room so worthily!

Knight Fraey would you come forward? It's good to see you outside the stable grounds, thank you for all of your diligent service on our Court. I see you've got a receipt of reviews here?"

Knight Fraey stepped forward and handed the Commander an extremely lengthy list of reviews, "All should be in order Commander!"

"I'll trust the auditing department counted correctly, and I present you with this voucher for a chest of silver - redeemable at the Castle Treasury."

"Now, Squire Liberty would you come forward as well, I hear that you've been through quite a storm and Green Room battle to get these reviews, it's high time that we bring you officially into our order, please kneel."

Several other Knights and Office Squires stood up and drew closer to get a better view of the Knighting Ceremonies. Meanwhile the Green Room Band unloaded their tubas, trumpets, and bands, and began playing their customary out-of-tune peppy music. Meanwhile Squire Liberty made her way to the front, clutching a short list of reviews, and knelt in front of the assembly.

"Squire Liberty, you have served this order bravely already with your reviewing and achievements, I have found your records to be in good order, and hereby Knight you with all the honors and privileges associated. You will henceforth carry the title of Knight Liberty, I also present you this sword to engage in your future battles with.

I ask you to review with bravery, with generosity, and to protect the works of the Green Room from this day forward.

Huzzah!"

The assembly broke out in applause, and many Knights grabbed their punch for the road, inspired to continue back into the battle field of Review Month.

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:21 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Knight Phoenix walked proudly walked into the green room, a grin spread across her face. "Huzzah my fellow Knight!" She called out. "I have come from the green room to get the Badge of the Shrubbery, I reviewed a work that has been in the green room for a year now!"
Knight Shikora's log
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:44 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Knight Libby laughed, as she skipped into the Great Hall. "With a sprained wrist, it was pretty easy, actually!" she beamed. Holding out her scroll, she said, "I've come forth for my shield and helmet."
*insert quirky signature here*

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:44 am
View Likes
Clairia says...

Knight Daughter would be honored to recieve her suit of armor!
"If you have
a painting in you, paint.
Just create it.
Banish doubt and fear
and step out of your own way.
Write if you're a writer.
Do what you were born to do.
--Toni Sorenson

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:04 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Knight Cat, looking like she had been fighting more bushes than green room beasts, strolled into the quiet Great Hall, most of the knights asleep from their endeavors or out fighting in the clamor of Review Day. She was holding a collection of stained blue parchments, each one holding a well-organized list: alphabetized, color-coded, and prioritized. Holding out a longer one she mumbled, "I believe I have everything in order for a jousting lance."

She looked back down at her parchments, rifling through them. "Also, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like the Fellows in Arms badge for bestowing this review on the ever-lovely Knight @alliyah and The Badge of Shrubbery for this review on a work from 2005. Unless, of course, you've run out of badges of this sort."
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

Reviews: 1
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Aha! I see that over Review Month you Knights have been quite busy!

I thought I'd make a stop at the castle and put my feet up for a while, since the Green Room is cleared and all, but alas, it does look like there are some badges and awards that need attending to.

Knight Liberty (@Liberty) I offer you both your helmet and your shield you'll find they'll go a long way in keeping you clear from broken ribs and the-like. Still use caution when tackling the foes of the Green Room. Congratulations on your two swift victories.

Knight Daughter (@Daughter) you'll need to make sure all the measurements are in order, but this armor should suit you just fine. With a few more reviews you'll be on your way to a jousting lance!

Speaking of which, Knight Cat (@TheBlueCat) we have your jousting lance ready, and if err... if our Castle Grounds Consultant, Knight Fraey (@fraey) could bring that over, it's somewhat unwieldy so you'll have to collect that from Consultant Fraey on the way out, just be sure not to hit any of the castle chandeliers.

Also I am eager to award these last two sets of badges which I do not oft get to award. Knight Cat for your kindness towards your fellow knight in rescuing Court Magician, Knight Alliyah (@alliyah)'s work from the Green Room - you have earned the Fellows in Arms Badge.

*Knight Alliyah gives Knight Cat a high-five*

And lastly, I'd like to bestow the great distinction of the Badge of Shrubbery upon both Knight Cat and Knight FlamingPhoenix (@FlamingPhoenix) for going back into the Green Room archives and finding some works long-over-due for a review. Thank you for your efforts!

Well Knights, I encourage you all to join the efforts of the After Watch and attempt to keep the Green Room clear (under 15 works) for as long as possible. In the meantime I am going to retire to the Castle Commons until my Goblin-Security-Briefing meeting with Captain of the Guard, @CaptainJack tomorrow.

Until next time, may your swords stay sharp, and your reviews be at the ready.

Huzzah!

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:12 pm
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Knight Dreamy, disoriented, walked in and threw her slayings on the ground. "Coat of arms" she whispered before hitting the ground to take a nap.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:04 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Knight Libby trudged into the Great Hall, helmet on her head, shield hung across her shoulder, and her sword in her hand. In her other hand, she held the scroll. Dropping the sword on the ground, she wiped sweat off her forehead.

Picking up the sword again, she held out her scroll and said, "This lot was hard work. Ten reviews this time!" she wheezed.

"I'm alive, though. And I'd like my horse now." she smiled gleefully.

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:36 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

I wish to become a knight!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:30 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Knight Libby, stumbled back into the Hall. "My... Full Armour, please." she grunted.

She took a gulp from the water bottle she had attached to her belt, and shifted, flopping into a corner of the Hall for a nap, before she ventured off for more badges.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm
View Likes
jster02 says...

Knight Jster limped into the great hall, clutching a bandage to his head.

"Anyone know where I can get a good helmet? I don't know how many more of these head wounds I can take, and I'd rather not stop slaying beasts due to too many concussions!"
What's the point of success if it makes me miserable?

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:36 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Spoiler! :
The Great Hall had gone quiet. In part, because the Knight Choir had been told to continue their carol practicing across the lake for the welfare of local residents, but also because it had been a few weeks since anyone had seen The Commander, let alone any members of the Court. Still, the Knights of the Green Room had been diligently continuing their reviewing in their absence.

Suddenly, a strong wind shook the castle's windows, the knights who had gathered around the fireplace sipping cocoa looked around unsettled.

"Was that...?" Knight Liberty looked at Knight Phoenix (@FlamingPhoenix). "A DRAGON!" Knight Phoenix answered back running towards the window pointing through the blizzard.

The doors of the Great Hall burst open, the left door pulling a bit at its hinges, and there atop Knight Africa's (@BluesClues) Dragon was the whole court plus friends! Knight @Fraey and Knight @alliyah were covered in cobwebs and looked a bit shell-shocked. Knight @Kale had a strange green goo dripping from their shoes. @CaptainJack seemed characteristically organized, and quickly jumped off the dragon making an inventory of the room, followed by The Commander who was looking very relieved. Knight @Dossereana, Knight @Tuckster, and Squire @Oxara trailed behind also covered in cobwebs.

"My apologies that we've been gone, I sent the court on an investigative mission, that... took a few wrong turns" The Commander announced to the group.

"A few wrong turns? Because of your mission we were all trapped in that Library Dungeon from the Night of the Living Tagbook for at least a week and if Captain Jack hadn't been able to get Blue to bring her dragon we'd all still be stuck there!" Knight Alliyah said back.

"Look I'm sorry to ditch, but it's actually my bed time" Knight Blue said, turning her dragon around and flying back out the door.

"Where were we?" The Commander continued.

"Badges. The Knights need badges" Captain Jack reminded the Commander.

The knights who had patiently been waiting for weeks now gathered closer.

"Knight Dreamy (@Dreamy) you are certainly ready for your Coat of Arms, once your design is ready we'll send it to the royal artisans. Congratulations!

And Knight Jster (@jster02) I commend your bravery on the field of the Green Room so far, here is a helmet, that should greatly assist your work.

Knight Liberty (@Liberty) it's good to see you in the Hall again! Your horse is waiting in the indoor stables (on account of the recent snow-storm) once you've arranged a name for your stead please let us know. And your Full Armor can be fitted over at the armory this afternoon. Congratulations on both accounts.

Lastly, @Stellarjay it is my honor to welcome you to our group. You are now officially a Squire. Once you've collected 10 new Green Room reviews, make a log, and bring the news back here in order to gain your knighthood. In the meantime, here are some Training Knives to assist in your reviewing.

Alright I think that's all of the official business, now if any of you could assist our Castle Grounds Consultant Fraey and help hang some decorations for our Holiday Hullabaloo that would be excellent!"
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:15 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Tiredly, Knight Liberty galloped into the KotGR Hall on her horse - Prince (who she admitted she spoiled a bit, but Prince was a good boy when it came to fighting the foes of the Green Room). "I'm ready for my jousting lance!" she exclaimed, dismounting and holding onto Prince's reins, so he wouldn't go chew on the velvety curtains.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:28 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Knight Lucy triumphantly walked into the Great Hall, "I come for my knighthood!"

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb