Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:20 pm
Dossereana says...

I wish to become a Night.
Knight EagleFly's log
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander rides into the Great Hall upon their noble steed, covered still in a thin layer of snow.

"Sorry for the delay good Knights! I was caught in a snow storm on my way here! I did here tell of some spectacular Review feats and battles though, so I pushed through to get here."

Knight Shikora (@Shikora) rises from the corner where she had been waiting for the Commander to return, "I'm in need of a sword, Commander!"

Knight Londone (@Elisabet) also stands holding a long list of reviews clutched in her hand - "it's time I had my helmet, as well as my horse Commander."

Squire Eagle (@EagleFly) Enthusiastically jumps up holding another list of reviews, "I wish to become a Knight!!!"

The Commander looks around that grand achievements and logs.

"Knight Shikora it looks like all is in order, here is a sword for you to defend yourself in the lands of the Green Room - your next task is to collect 5 more Green Room reviews to earn a shield, believe me, you'll need it!

Knight Londone I am impressed by all of your work! You are over-due for this helmet. I have asked the stable keepers to ready a horse for you as well - just make sure to tell Lady Lizz (@LadyBird) the name you choose for your horse so that we can make note of it in the insurance policies and official logs.

And lastly Squire Eagle I commend your enthusiasm, but you are not quite ready for knighthood. Please review your log, and the Knight Requirements. You need to only have Green Room reviews for your log, which means that you're the first or second reviewer on the work, and they must have been done after October 8th when you officially became a Squire. If you have further questions - bring them to The Squire's Dormitory or ask one of our seasoned Knights like Knight @alliyah, Knight @Mea, or Knight @BlueAfrica - they will surely point you in the right direction. I look forward to your return with your log in order though, you will make a wonderful Knight!

Well everyone, the mission continues, the battle rages on! I have heard tell of a wonderful opportunity for Knights and Village-folks alike to sharpen their reviewing skills - 12 Days of Reviewing I encourage you all to take a look at it. Now, keep courage, keep your wits about you, and most importantly... Huzzah!! "

And with that The Commander rode back into the winter storm, brandishing the flag of the Knights of the Green Room.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

After a few month-long battles in the Green Room lands, Knight Concord has emerged at last, with enough wins for a Coat of Arms! What madness is this? They never thought they would make it through this much.

concord's Log

They decided to lay down for a bit and get some rest. The monsters in the Green Room were growing despite their best efforts, so they needed to get back out there soon.
Last edited by keystrings on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I'm back from slaying some Green Room beasts and I wish for a shield. Huzzah!

Knight Shikora's log
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:18 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

After along battle, i have returned, and I wish for a helmet, to insure my safety for the next battle.

Knight Shikora's log
Stay Creative!

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:44 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

I Wish to become a Night ones and for all.
EagleFlys log
Last edited by Dossereana on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Knight Vyper strides forward, blinking owl-ishly after a many day long battle with the Green Room, not entirely sure what day it is or when she last slept, clinging tightly to the Chest of Silver she earned in her last battle.

"Badge me, please?" she petitions the great overlords. "It's shiny and I'd like to keep it."

She staggers under the weight, nearly collapsing from exhaustion. "Oh! And a village! I deserve a village, for all of my work on The Risen, chapters ten through fifteen! I'll even put them in bold in my log, to prove to you that my papers are orderly."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:08 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Night Omni staggered in the Great Hall, and glanced around. Many moons had passed since he was last in this place. "Commander!" He shouted into the hall. "I have survived the challenge for my Coat of Arms." He collapsed into a chair by the roaring fireplace. "I vow to continue my quest upon your recognition!"
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:01 am
View Likes
Oxara says...

A lone man dressed in plain clothes arrives with a few reviews tucked under his belt. He murmurs "Ox here for squire duty."

Reviews: 1
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

A raccoon carrying a key darts through the Great Hall, followed by a stream of Knights who seem to be chasing the raccoon...

Then the doors of the Great Hall open, and The Commander enters with a shovel in one hand and a sword in the other. The raccoon sneaks through the open door, and the Knights stop in their tracks.

"Greetings Commander!" Knight Alliyah stammers.

The Commander looks a bit suspicious, but gets on with the important business. "Sorry that I've been away so long, but this last month the Green Room has kept me busy with two Review Days, and then I lost my horse somewhere in this last blizzard, so I've been traveling on foot. Let's get on with the awards though, so I can return to looking for my lost steed"

Knight Concord (@Concord) and Knight Omni (@Kirkiln) held up drafts of new Coats of Arms, "These look good Knights! You shall both be awarded the full rank of Coat of Arms Knights, bare these standards wherever your travels take you in the name of the defenders of the Green Room!"

"And Knight Shikora (@Shikora) I am happy to award you both your helmet and your shield, believe me they will serve you well in battle."

Knight Vyper (@ShadowVyper) then stepped forward, with a few new dents in their armor and dripping with the ink of recent reviews.

"You have been hard at work Knight Vyper! I have heard tell of your recent review rampage, and could not be more honored to offer this village to your care and protection - you might make use their local treasury for the keeping of that Silver as you go on your travels too. Please do name the village at your earliest convenience for the official Knight records, so we can make note of it in our maps. "

Now lastly I heard tell that the eager Squire Eagle (@EagleFly) has returned with 10 Green Room reviews. *Just then* A massive Green carpet was unrolled by Knight @BiscuitsLeGuin and Knight @manilla carried in the ceremonial banner. Squire Eagle knelt in front of the assembly of Knights.

"Squire Eagle from this day forward you shall be known here as Knight EagleFly, you shall be tasked with defending the Green Room with bravery and honor, and you are granted the rank of Knight of the Green Room!"

Knight EagleFly stood with a grin on their face, and their new logbook ready for more reviews.

An onlooker, @Oxara came forward then too, "Ox here, for Squire Duty"

"Perfect timing, while the carpet and banners are all out!" The Commander handed the reviewer a logbook and a set of training knives, "You're officially a Squire now, but I'll ask you not to make use of the training knives until after your Squire Orientation over at the Squire's Dormitory I look forward to you returning and bringing in 10 new Green Room Reviews!

Well Knights (& Squires) I must be off now a Commander's work is never done, you'll all receive your official badges in the mail, until then, may your swords stay sharp and your ink be ready to review! Huzzah!!

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Knight Rain, exhausted, enters the Great Hall. “After much time and energy, I have finally achieved my Coat of Arms!”

Rain's Log
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

616 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

I have just come back from the Green Room, and I almost over run by the Green Room Monsters. So I have come back to get my horse.

Knight Shikora's log
Stay Creative!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Knight Vyper waddled out of the hall under the weight of her silver and retired for the evening in her new claimed village. Before long she found herself back in the midst of a battle in the Green Room, muttering to herself, "A name..."

She finished off the beast she was slaying and started to head back to her village when she tripped over a Chest of Gold that she picked up and carried back with her to her village, still pondering.

"I suppose I should go ask the Commander if I can keep all this sparkly gold. They did just allow me this shiny village and all... though what's all this about a name?" She wondered aloud, unable to shake the thought.

She pulled up logs of the last awarding ceremony and gasped, suddenly remembering what it was that she'd been asked to name.

"A name!" she puffed, running back into the Great Hall. "I, er... can I name my village 'Town'? I mean, I know that technically it's not -- but it's filled with such lovely people and we call it our little town of awesomeness, and, well, yeah. And I promise that if I ever actually get a town then I'll name it 'Village' so that it'll be fair and everything."

She reddened as she saw the bored gazes glaring at her, then continued in a small voice. "Oh, and, er, I came here because I found gold and I like it. Can I keep it?"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

616 Reviews

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:00 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Night Shikora walked into the Great Hall and flopped down into a seat. She was covered in inc, as she gasped for breath.
"I have returned with ten more reviews," She calls. "And I wish for my Full Armor!" With that she bows her head.

Knight Shikora's log
Stay Creative!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

A lone man, dressed in plain peasant clothes, approached slowly and methodically. Chest puffed up, he raised his chin high and proclaimed,

"I wish to become a knight!"

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble