Young Writers Society

What's going on?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:27 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

You were wandering around in The Lounge one day when you suddenly came upon a brand new sub-forum that you'd never seen before: the Knights of the Green Room subforum.

What does this mean!? Are we no longer welcome in lands generally roamed by the members that like to hang out in The Lounge? Have we been banished to a corner? Are we being punished for something?

Don't be silly! This is our new headquarters!

If you've been with us since the beginning, you know how we came to earn our new digs, but if you'd like a little history, check out the spoiler!

Spoiler! :
The first Main Challenge of the Knights of the Green Room was to clear a bursting, overflowing, uncontrollable Green Room, which we did with flying colors in less than a week. The second Main Challenge was a quest to obtain an object of power hidden in a secret cave in the forest called The Outerlands, which lies just beyond the Green Room. Once this object was obtained (a key to an unknown purpose), the Knights did their duty and waited for luck to strike. Luckily, it did, in the form of Knight Teen, who just happened to have some relatives with an abandoned castle in the forest to which that key belonged. We packed up what little we had, braved the Outerlands once again, and here we are! A new home-sweet-home for the hard-working Knights of the Green Room.

So now that we have them, what do we do with them?

The main benefit to living in a subforum instead of a single thread crowded with everything from review counts to announcements to contests to chatting, we get to spread out.

First, each Knight will get to make their own personal thread to keep track of their reviews and achievements. You're welcome to set it up in any style you like, but here's mine for an example of what you can do.

Next, we'll have separate threads for each Main Challenge of the main KotGR plotline, which means you won't have to dig around for updates on our progress, and all the information can be easily accessed by new Knights as well.

Some new features that are now possible are mini-challenges, which are welcome to be initiated by any existing Knight of the Green Room. You'll get to see an example of a mini-challenge in action in just a little bit, so hang tight and keep that excitement in store!

Knights are also welcome to start up different factions of Knights, which can engage in specific goals, have rigorous membership requirements, or wear special armor. Whatever defines you apart from a general Knight is basis enough to start a faction. The Poetry Piercers, The Novel Annihilators... whatever suits your fancy!

Lastly, to make sure that we don't lose the awesome sense of community that accompanied us in our tight one-thread quarters before, we're going to keep all main announcements of achievements (like when you get enough reviews for your armor or horse!), chatting, and other socializing in a main thread called the Great Hall, so be sure to subscribe to the Great Hall thread so you'll be kept up to date with what's going on.

How does this all feel to you, loyal Knights? What questions do you have? What ideas do you want to put forward to be implemented? Are you excited yet?!?!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 pm
PeanutPhoebe says...

@Hannah, I looked at your thread and was wondering..you had those things about "Horse Obtained" and "Armor Obtained" and things like that. Is that necessary for us newer knights? If I need to put links on for my reviews, I can. Also, I may need a little help with how to set up this personal thread...;)
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Hi, Knight Celestia! (@PeanutPhoebe)

The deal is that after your first ten Green Room Reviews to become a Knight, you can continue earning more badges that represent your continued service. Every review accumulates toward your total count. So after you become a Knight, you'll do review eleven, then twelve, etc.

If you keep track of these continued reviews, you will become eligible to get those badges on your profile and claim all the loot that comes with them (like a beautiful horse -- who wouldn't want that!?). This does require you to sort through links of your reviews, pick out only the Green Room Reviews, and then keep track of them in your personal thread.

Take a look at all the other personal threads already up, and if you need more help, summon me again! It's not necessary by any means, but you won't earn any badges if you don't keep track yourself, 'cause I can't search through review records for 55 Knights and counting. haha.

Also, if something here doesn't make sense, let me know. I am here to serve you! :)

187 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:27 am
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

@Hannah, thanks!! I will certainly try to go back and keep count of reviews from now on, as well as set up a personal thread, but considering I've recently become the Momma to an eight week old puppy, I don't know if I'll have much time in the near future;)
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:18 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Knight Celestia @PeanutPhoebe, okay okay I totally understand but you HAVE TO SHARE PICTURES!!!

187 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:30 pm
PeanutPhoebe says...

@Hannah, I'll try, if I can figure out how to on here;) not really a techy person...
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:16 am
Hannah says...

Oh! To Knights in general, I didn't realize that if I locked the old thread you weren't even able to edit your own posts. I've now unlocked it, so you can search out your old posts to make posting your new logs much easier! Thanks to Knight Elinor for pointing it out to me. :)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:19 am
FireFox says...

Uh, hi, I know I am probably posting in the wrong place, but I was interested in becoming a Knight of the Green Room. I have done 10 or more reviews on pieces that were in the "Green Room." What do I do next? I'm not sure how this works... Help!
Check out The Cost of Living and leave me a review! Constructive criticism appreciated!

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:04 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hello!

Just post a new thread and include your ten Green Room reviews there. Once we see then we can make you a Knight!

Once you're a Knight you keep reviewing for different badges while all the time recording your reviews in your thread so that we (and you) can keep track!

Here is @Hannah's thread for an example: Hannah's Log
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:17 pm
FireFox says...

I checked out a couple of different logs. :) Stupid question, but how do I do the link? I don't want to just post the URL.
Check out The Cost of Living and leave me a review! Constructive criticism appreciated!

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:05 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

As soon as you post a URL from the yws in a post it comes up with the thread/work name, so no worries on that count!
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 pm
Auxiira says...

Should we maybe do a tutorial for Squires so that they know how to set everything up? I've seen a few asking what they should do...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:40 pm
View Likes
skorlir says...

Goodness, Hannah. Was I gone that long?

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady