z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:06 pm
View Likes
Trident says...

Hooray! Congratulations knights! Sir Trident will celebrate with some mead, but he best be careful for last time he fell down and made a fool of himself. Even the court jester was laughing.

PS The Blade of Ill-Repute is in Sir Trident's hands! He is 16 reviews in.
Perception is everything.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

The Knight was tired from the battle. It had raged through the previous night and not ended until that dawn, but she would not fall into bed quite yet. That day there was a horse auction in the main square, that Knight Hannah had sworn to herself to attend. She had the means. She had the need. She just needed to make the purchase.

But it was overwhelming. Not quite used to the smell of so much horse dung at once, Knight Hannah swallowed the spit that heralded the desire to vomit. She had to stop her forward stride to maintain control.

"You alright?" asked one of the vendors from where he held the reins of a palomino whose soft and bristling nose was level with Knight Hannah's eyes. The queasiness left quickly as her sense of purpose returned.

"Yes," she said, sweeping some non-existent dirt from her shirt. "And I'll take this one."

The vendor raised a brow and checked the horse he held, as if he wasn't sure it hadn't turned into some beast of myth for the Knight to decide so quickly.

"Is that so?" he said. After a longer pause: "Do you even know how to ride?"

"Is it any business of yours whether I know or not? Perhaps this horse is meant only to trim my lawn."

"Suit yourself, though he's worth far more than that. I've half a mind to keep him for a real rider."

"I have very long grass in my yard, and a very heavy coin purse in my hands," she said. The vendor nodded, and his face cracked into a smile.

"I understand," he said, and passed the reins to Knight Hannah while moving to open the of the corral. "I've been calling him Tuck, but you can call him whatever you like."

"Tuck will work," said Knight Hannah, passing over the necessary coin. "Tuck will work just fine."
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Well done knights! I am honoured to have fought beside you all!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

Knight Totoro stood amidst the battle field, her comrades fighting the last vestiges that had taken root, almost too used to the green to know of another way to exist. Her breaths came in deep gulps, readying herself for the final struggle but still something did not sit right. Though she knew the battle would be won, there was a sense of loss for now she might never earn a sword of her own.

Standing straight, Knight Totoro glanced around, the calls of triumph beginning to grow louder, but she ran. She ran until she could no more and found herself on the slopes of the mountain named Other, staring into the face of one final foe.

A foe she was not used to, nor knew how to deal with but she couldn't let her fellow knights down and with her trademark roar, went to battle.

Eventually success and the day was won, and as Knight Totoro turned to her other victorious comrades, she raised her sword in her hand and dubbed it Calcifer.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Since people are so fast, can I count A&P reviews if they're the first or second?
m(-_-)m
(Begging emote)
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 am
Hannah says...

Since people are so fast, can I count A&P reviews if they're the first or second?
m(-_-)m
(Begging emote)

Yeah, of course~

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

YAY. I'll go back and get those reviews then :)
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Knight Nite stared at the patches of green in disbelief. As swiftly as she has risen up the ranks from Squire, she never thought she could earn her shield so fast. But now there are five fewer creatures of the Green Room thanks to her. She returns to the armory to find a shield that will complement her as beautifully as the full moon adorns the night sky.

She also awaits the day she will run out of cheesy night references, but that's impossibly far off...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

The battle was won but the war still raged. The great land of YWS still needed it's Knights to keep the Green from encroaching once more.

Now bonded with her sword Calcifer, Knight Totoro was ready to go to work. She helped those lost in the distant past, battling and bringing them to the light, squinting and finding a life anew.

Though not all was as simple as it seemed. For lurking in the Green were two foes unlike the others. One part, missing the other, their fate seemingly to be languishing in the deepest of the green forever.

Knight Totoro faltered, a sense of dread filling her, confusion fogging her brain. How were these new foes to be defeated? How does one defeat an enemy that is not whole? In the back of her mind though, she knew the green couldn't be allowed to approach further and so, mustering strength from the firey sword Calcifer, Knight Totoro leapt into action and vanquished those that did not make sense.

Earning the missing part to her Calcifer, a shield to protect her, dubbed Shīrudo.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

After many long and gruesome days as a Squire, Vyper has finally passed the test and is humbly requesting Knighthood.

Spoiler! :
@Hannah, I'm on the second page. Also, if our 10th review is counted towards earning additional badges, it was my boar. It was a strange mixture between romance and gore, with illogical gun-references no less. *cringes*

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:23 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ooh! Changed my mind. Instead of Knight Vyper, can I be Lady Shady? ;)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:38 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Knight Rydia has fought valliantly to earn a shield and would like to name it 'Parasol'.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

The Knights of the Green Room are especially happy to welcome a new member into their ranks, one who fought with them at the first great battle as only a squire, not even a sword to her name. So it is with great honor on our part that we see title bestowed on Knight Lady Shady.

Knight Lady Shady

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

The Object of the Outer Lands

There's a legend that's been whispered around the kingdom, and of late has been uncannily arriving at the ears of those who fought in the Great Battle for the Horizon. It tells of an object of power (for what else do legends speak of?) hidden deep within the forests of the Outer Lands.

The Outer Lands: the spine-lined, insect-infested, bramble-twisted region just outside the reaches of the main Green Room. Here are works dating earlier than what the script of the Green Room fetches.

The land is full of pit-falls. While deleted or locked works are gradually removed from the Green Room, there is no such clean-up team in the Outer Lands. This is where they come to wander, blind-eyed, among the twisted branches of dark grey trees.

But even beyond acquiring this object of power, the Knights have a mission here: innocent works have wandered into the Outer Lands after spending too much time unnoticed in the Green Room. We must collect those that still lurk in the corners, and until then no village can be safe.

The legend says:

- No less than 25 Green Room Knights can lift the lock on the object.

- No less than 600 total reviews since the inception of the Green Room Knights will exude enough honor to avoid the curses set upon the object by wizards of old.

- No less than 5 horses can carry this object out of the forest and into the light for proper examination.

Remember, knights. We fight with loyalty, determination, and knowledge. We may not know what the object of power is as we set out on the journey, but we know we will reveal it if we fight with our virtues. Go to it!

Please note: All knights who participate in this challenge will receive the badge above for their services once our victory is realized and we arrive at the last-known location of the object of power fully prepared.

Also, inspired by Knight Totoro, a new badge has been released to accompany this main challenge.

Any Knight who bestows a Green Room Review to a piece dating prior to October 2012 will receive the Badge of the Shrubbery, as in the Outer Lands, that's the area where such shrubberies start to grow.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Knight Nite here to claim the Green Girdle, for her fellow Knight Hannah and the aggressive dogs had rescued this piece of darkness from the Green Room before she pressed Submit.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99595
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda