z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:26 pm
Messenger says...

Good Job Dragon. I was able to do that earlier this morning for a few hours myself. Keep that room clean.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey guys, it's me, ol' Knight Omniyus here, one of the first Knights like ever. *totally not bragging or anything* and I just wanted to let you guys know to keep up the great work. It's nice to come on here and see people, old and new, who are doing this not because they have to but because they want to.

It's things like that that make an old Knight's day. Even though I don't have the time to help you in your heroic and never-ending quest, and even though not many of you still here don't know me, I feel like a part of the family. KotGR has affected me so much that I have decided to co-write a story with none other than Hannah herself. The first chapter has been out for about a week, but I just wanted to remind you guys about it:

Rebuilding Thunder: Chapter 1

This work is for you guys, from the past, present, and those to come, for all of your great work and loyalty.

Keep writing those stories on this forum, because I am looking at every single one of them and as the story continues, it might even have some segments from what you write in there.

Do not lose hope, Knights, for you are strong, and although there will always be more for you to tackle, always remember that all of YWS is counting on you.

<3
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:24 am
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

After the tiring battle in the village, Lady Ariana rode silently to the castle, her mind full of the images of the scene. She herself had not done much but many other knights had conquered their foes with ease. Joyous cheers still echoed in her ears as she sat down with quill and her journal to record her recent quests.

1. Rain (Rain.)
2. P.S I love you (P.S. I love you)
3. Unexpected (Unexpected)
4. Of flesh and blood (of flesh and blood -)
5. Barber shop pleasantries (Barber Shop Pleasantries)
6. Just In Case You Thought This World Was A Fair One (Just In Case You Thought This World Was A Fair One)
7. Is it a Dream? Chapter 2 (Is It a Dream? Chapter 2 More Confusion)
8. The Feeling of Meh (The Feeling of Meh)
9. This is a Test (This is a Test)
10. Rebuilding Thunder (Rebuilding Thunder: Chapter 1)
11. Forget me not (Forget Me Not)
12. Is it a Dream? Chapter 4 (Is It a Dream? Chapter 4 Meeting the king)
13. When I need you, even just a second. (When I need you, even just a second.)
14. Review Day! (Review Day!)
15. Fire (Fire)
16. Friends (Friends)
17. Midsummer night's cool touch (Midsummer night's cool touch)

She puts away the journal carefully, staring at the empty pages. "Looks like quite a bit of work I have left before me.'' She said softly.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

663 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:37 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Knight Malachi enters the castle tired, but unlike the previous day, not exhausted from reviewing. He has taken care of his horse heads off to bed, but along the way stops by the forum pages in the main hall. On it he scribbles:
"I've been at work again to day, trying to keep the Green Room as clean as I can. But I am now heading to get some rest, and call upon the service of my fellow knights to pick up the baton so-to-speak.
I will be back on the job tomorrow. Let not the beasts approach the way they did in September. W must slay each and everyone before it takes root in our kingdom.
For the Knights of the Green Room!"

He then heads to his bed, trusting his fellow knights to fight in his stead tonight.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

I am soooo parched, I'd better pick up a chalice! All of my links may be found here: Knights of the Green Room

In addition to this, my work on Kira's Story (2-17) awards me a Hamlet.
If you look earlier in the Chalice series, I completed a full work The Harvest Moon Creature of Lake Waynoka (1-3) and in the Coat of Arms series I completed all of Do You Remember Jonnie Casey? (1-3) and these completed works should give me a dodgy Kingdom.

I feel a little bad about that kingdom, I'll try and complete more works to give it a rennovation.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:02 am
View Likes
Morkish says...

The foolish squire painfully wobbled his way to the Knight's Castle entrance. The quill end of an arrow was held tightly in his hand, on it was a parchment with lazily scribbled writings on it. The other end jabbed out of his back! Luckily, it hadn't blown damage to anything vital...only his pride. How was he to know that glory, knighthood, and conquest were opportunities well missed this weekend in the Green Room. Well...he did know. How was he to have the time to do tedious amounts of reviewing! Well...he also had time.

Exasperated by his late night brawl in the Green Room, Squire Mork still had the guts to make up such lost opportunities. Although heavily wounded...by his own weapon (details later), Squire Mork pushed open the thick double doors to the Castles keep...to witness an empty hall because everyone was asleep. Trembling, bloody, and practically swimming in his own sweat, Mork crashed to the ground right inside the keeps entrance! The half of an arrow in his hand was let go of and rolled a few inches away from the force of the fall. The bloodied parchment paper, once folded and wrapped around the arrow, was open. This allowed all to see his new claim to be officially Knighted.

1. First try at poetry Leave reviews please :)
2. Subconscious Phenomena
3. Sing
4. Prisoner Chapter 1 (My first story)
5. Prisoner Chapter 1 (My first story)
6. Wordsmithing: Three Layer Cake, Please
7. Wordsmithing: Philosophies
8. Wordsmithing: What You Say Matters
9. Runaway Minds
10. Free Me From The Masquerade

P.S. Thank Hannah for showing me how hyperlinks work! :P
Last edited by Morkish on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Morkish

"In all things you do, consider the end." -Solon

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:56 pm
View Likes
DreamWork says...

My first assignment report to be knights here c: *bow*

1.The Jesters Dance
2.Wish
3.Dream Guardian
4.Follow Your Heart
5.Every Prayer
6.Tip Toe
7.Took some advice under consideration so leave me your reviews :)
8.In Dream Sequence
9.Subconscious Phenomena
10.The Unit

p/s: @Hannah can I choose my name then?It is quiet funny when it sounds like this ,'knight dark knight XD!
Dream high

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:21 am
PeanutPhoebe says...

@Hannah: Little confused what you mean... (I'm new to KotGr) do we just send all the reviews we did on review day to you and get rewarded?
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:38 am
Omni says...

@PeanutPhoebe maybe I can help with that.

Hannah was asking everyone to update their "original post" or their post that keeps all of their reviews in order with an update to keep track of all of their Green Room reviews so that it would be easier for her to update everyone's stats at one time, which she certainly loves doing. However, it's no big deal if you didn't, since she updates them regularly.

For the Green Room reviews, the more you do, the more "trophies" you can get, and the list of what they are and how many reviews you have to do are here: Knights of the Green Room

Just keep being the best Knight you can be and have no worries!

Good luck on the battlefield, young Knight ;)
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:43 am
View Likes
Cailey says...

Knight Cailey stares dumbfounded at all the technology essays scattered throughout the Green Room. A part of her wants to run. "I have to write this kind of essay in school. Why would I review them on my own time?"
The feeling passes, though, and Knight Cailey picks up an essay, and then a second. As she decides that two well written reviews should be help enough, she receives two requests.
"Please review my essay!" The two young peasants plead, both looking up with hopefulness in their eyes. Of course the Knight cannot possibly say no. All of these essays deserve to have reviews.

Therefore, before tackling the next two reviews, Knight Cailey charges into the campground where many Knights are sitting around idly, or perhaps scribbling frantically into notebooks or staring off into the distance or reading some lengthy volume.

"I will award 300 points to every knight who reviews one of these technology essays. If you review two essays you will be rewarded with 600 points, and so forth. Let's help these fellow writers, and by so doing return the Green Room to the glorious clean state we achieved just days ago."

She waits. "I've got a lot of points, guys. Who's going to take me up on that offer?"
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

663 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 am
Messenger says...

I did 8 earlier Cailey:)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

There we go! Spent some free time doing something productive >_<
Expressing Technology
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 pm
View Likes
skorlir says...

I have reviewed All I See Is A World Torn By War. (For the contest.)

663 Reviews

Supporter

663 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:38 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Knight Malachi walks through the stone hallway, a large scroll tied with a green ribbon, in his hand, thinking about the past few days, and the work he has done. He looks at the scroll. It contains two things. One, his latest works; his request for a suit of armor, and his jousting lance, and the request to change his title to the Messenger Knight.

He finds Hannah in the kitchen, supervising the meal for the weary Knights. When she sees him she smiles.
"More badges?"
Malachi nods.
Hannah unties the scroll and scans it.

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson