Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:52 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Knight Malachi of Vindale returns to the knights castle after an exciting day. He proudly enters the fortress on his trusty steed, dismounts, and makes his way to Knight Hannah who is is the soon-to-be library, decorating it to the knights style.
She turns as Malachi enters. He kneel, and holds out a parchment of paper with these requests.

For a shield!

16.The Assassin- Part 3

17.Twelve Years: Just One More

18.Paxton

19.Kingdom Come

20.The Masked

For the piece of Shrubbery.

1.Kingdom Come

A village
1.Endless Part II
2.Endless Part III
3.Endless: Part IV
4.Endless: Part V
5.Endless: Part VI

Unlike when he was knighted, Malachi is quite confident this time. If only his horse was here. He smiles. His steed would have most likely taken the glory for himself.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:17 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

HI I SWEAR I AM ALIVE
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:10 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Knights! As we move forward into a review day, I have great and shining news!
The badge that was released last review day, The Golden Goose, will be available for recovery by one Knight this review day as well!

This means that the first Knight to post in the thread with a screenshot of a completely empty Green Room will win the Golden Goose!

In addition, it's the last couple of days for our contest: Knights of the Green Room -- Quest for a Library [Sept. 28]

If you see awesome pieces, recommend to the author to submit it, 'cause we want an awesome library, don't we? I am even thinking about putting together a PDF document of awesome illustrated / formatted versions of the winning pieces that we can print out and keep if I can get the authors' permission!

Be sure to contribute to reviewing the pieces that are still lacking our three promised reviews~
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Cailey steps forward with trembling hands. She is still slightly uncertain about this whole idea of knighthood- and feels as though she still does not understand this mystical world of YWS, even after what, two, three years?

However, the ten reviews have been completed with knighthood as their final aim. And, all in good time, for a review day challenges Cailey from the distance.

Ah, to think that Cailey should be entering into the battlefield with the honor of Knighthood bestowed upon her shoulders. Does she dare to hope that she too can fight the green room along with so many others who have made themselves knights? She presents her list of reviews, left behind amidst a pile of other papers on Page 29, to Hannah and nervously awaits an answer.

As she waits, she fiddles with the cloth of her olive green dress and pulls her fingers through her hair. She is barefoot, as she always is when writing, and bites anxiously on the right corner of her bottom lip.

"Is that everything?" she asks, "I wrote my ten reviews. Is that all I need to join the Knights?"
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Fortis the Fortieth hails Hannah from the base of the tower that currently houses the KotGR while they scurry around, packing up battle supplies and hogs heads and such for their new move. Fortis retells the tales from her adventures while facing her last five foes in her search for a sword (an unabridged version of this tale can be found on page 19).
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:00 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

She makes a striking image in the Great Hall that is just starting to feel more homey. Knights Pokey (@megsug) and @lyricalrebel have hung garlands of evergreen needles around the big stone columns near the dining tables, so there's not quite as much of a chill in the air. When the girl -- barefoot and clad in olive green -- walks slowly and timidly up toward the front of the hall, the clattering dishes and hissing brooms hush.

She presents her offerings and kneels, and she becomes new to fight with honor, loyalty, and knowledge in the name of the Knights of the Green Room.

Knight Cailey

@Cailey

In addition, Knight Hannah is proud to bestow the Fortis the Fortieth with a sword with which to defend herself and the honor of YWS. Go forth this review day and be victorious!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:01 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Well, I've been thinking about this quite a bit, But I do believe that there is a moment in every good YWSer's life that they realize the importance of becoming a KoTGR Knight. So on this dark and stormy night, I pledge my allegiance to KoTGR and request the honor of becoming a faithful squire.

Squire Yubbies present and accounted for, searching for the proud honor of becoming a true Knight of The Green Room!

Spoiler! :
The young girl tucked back chocolate brown strands of wispy hair and breathed deep. Bearing a simple dagger, she headed into the green room, looking for a fight, a piece to review.

1. My casket
Spoiler! :
With a first beast slashed to the ground, Squire Yubbies wiped the spray of glistening blood from her chin and grasped her dagger more firmly, charging hard at the next beast.

2. With a Pen
Spoiler! :
The beast thudded heavily to the ground, shaking the very sky. Blood pooled on the ground. Squire Yubbies pulled back her hair with a flourish, stepping over the corpse before her. Another green beast reared up ahead, ready for the attack, charging at full speed.

3. Be brutal...
Spoiler! :
The short dagger plunged up to the inch-wide hilt into the flesh of a green room beast. More converged on all sides, threatening the juvenile squire with deadly fangs, heartless claws, and astonishing speed. The one closest to her whipped at her, sinking it's ragged claws into her thigh. Hissing, it retreated as the naive girl bashed it with her fist in one of it's sensitive spots, it's snout. "This is war..." Squire Yubbies growled through clenched teeth.

4. Challenge Accepted.
Spoiler! :
Another beast felled, Squire Yubbies' dagger flashed with extreme skill, attacking, cutting, and scraping away at the beasts, lined up in a circle around her, waiting for the Delicious kill she would not let them have from her.

5. Saved From the Fall
Spoiler! :
Another dreaded beast defeated, she whipped around the put another into it's place.

6. Stars
Spoiler! :
With a joyous battle cry, the young squire felled another horrific beast. Swirling around to challenge another, finding it at the hem of her skirt. The Squire wore no armor, bore no shield, wielded no sword. Only the bloodied dagger in her hand.

7. Regreting Meeting Me
Spoiler! :
Anger boiled inside of the thrashing beasts, tearing at her skin, sacrificing her blood to the ground. The squire screamed in pain, but turned to slash another beast to the ground.

8. falling
Spoiler! :
Anguish burned inside her heart, full of fear. She fought for victory, but was unsure if she would ever make it. Another green beast met his end at the point of her dagger blade.

9. Random
Spoiler! :
Dark thunder clouds swirled above her head, the ferocious wind picked up, her hair snapping at her face like a dozen whips. Blood dripped from her numerous wounds and gashes. This was the turning point. She could give up now, if she wanted to. Or, she could persevere against the throngs of green beasts. Thoughts raced around her head as she staunched the flow of blood from her worst wound, the deep claw shaped gashes on her leg. A moment later, a coiled up beast sprung forward, pinning her to the ground. Struggling against it, the air knocked from her lungs, she attempted to free her arms to at least have a fighting chance. The dagger was firmly lodged underneath her wrist, her arm held in place by a gigantic clawed forearm. Hot beast breath crept into her lungs. She stared into the very eyes, the very heart, the very soul of the beast. All she saw was black hatred.

10. A story from fallen leaves

She wiggled her arm free, choking on the stench burning from the beast maw. She grabbed the dagger and thrust it into the beast's throat. The rest scurried away, frightened at the lsot. Heaving the carcass of of her, she trudged wearily back to the castle. Kneeling before @Hannah , she begged, "I have completed ten green room reviews! I hereby request being granted Knighthood!"

Spoiler! :
YAY!
Last edited by yubbies21 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
beep

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:46 pm
View Likes
Morkish says...

Squire Morkish here,

I seek thy Knighthood from the brothers and sisters of the Green Room! I shall acquire thy ten greenish reviews, and smite thy evils of the Earth with my mighty pen! Onward then, to turn "your" in "you're"!
-Morkish

"In all things you do, consider the end." -Solon

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Welcome to the company, Squires Yubbies (@yubbies21) and @Morkish!
I, for one, look forward to seeing your performance on Review Day!
I'll be here in the headquarters with healing salve should you get too roughed up by those savage Green Room Beasts. ;)

Be sure to become apprised of the current Main Challenge -- you can see a description of the mission on the first page of the thread. You're strongly encouraged to submit to the current Knights of the Green Room contest and make yourselves eligible for a limited edition Scribe Badge of honor to wear as we remodel and re-home-ify our new found headquarters -- this sparse and cold castle you find yourselves in.

I'll post a Main Challenge update after this post. :)

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:56 pm
Hannah says...

*ahem*

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:29 pm
View Likes
StefanosVorkas says...

StefanosVorkas requesting to be squired! I shall go forth and vanquish the evils of the world with my practiced fingers!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:09 pm
View Likes
Maia says...

Squire Maia reporting for duty

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

Knight Dragon walks into the Castle, removing his gauntlets and slapping them against his thighs to beat off the dust of the field. He has just finished talking with the crafter of his new Coat of Arms, and heads through the Main Hall to a staircase inset in the back wall. Removing his helm Chie, he heads up the stairs, feeling the weight of all his exploits crashing down on his shoulders the higher he goes. Each step lays the weight and fatigue of each rescue on his tired body, slipping beneath his armor with little effort. He has succeeded in slaying many terrible beasts, over 200 foes that stood in his way, and rescued countless works from the Green Room. He ascends to the highest level, and enters a room that opens to his left. The room is as grimy as his armor, and as dusty as the fields through which he's run on foot and ridden across on horseback. The only disruption of the dust is the fresh trail of footprints, footprints he'd left just recently, that led to the wall, where his Boar's Head hung. He created a new set of tracks across the floor, walking over to the clean table he'd placed in the room the same day he'd hung the Boar's Head, beneath the sunlight streaming through the window. Scrolls and tomes covered most of the table, and in the center was a fresh parchment, bearing the words of his most recent writing. Placing Chie on the table next to the paper, he turned and inspected the room.
On the wall to the right of the door was a rack of pegs, perfect for a Knight to store his weaponry on. He slid Bitoku, his shield, off his back and set it upon its peg, then detached his sword belt and hung his sword Doragon beside Bitoku. His armor was notched on the right epaulet, for both rescuing a fellow Knight's work and from the Shrubbery he'd encountered during a long journey from the Castle grounds. His horse Ayla was already stabled, and near her stall was his Jousting Lance Shimiru, reserved for tournaments, and perhaps the upcoming Review Day he would ride Ayla with Shimiru, ready to assail any beast that stood in his path. He smiled and walked back over to the window, gazing out at the Village and Town in the distance. He'd accomplished so much in so little time, and yet there was still much to do. Like cleaning out his room, for starters. He placed his gauntlets on the table and reached for the broom, attacking the dust with as much vengeance as he did the beasts that withstood him. And when he was done cleaning, he thought, he would rest and then return to the wastelands to rescue more works in danger.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:28 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Lady Ariana drags herself to the stables, a servant waiting with a beautiful Arabian mare. Ariana's dusty armor show signs of a long walk through the surrounding villages. But at last, Ariana would be better equipped to handle the long trails and the many battles she would have to fight. She ran her hand over the soft nose of the horse, breathing in her ear. "Stardust... That'll be thy name." She left the horse in the care of the groom and went to the courtyard, sitting on the stone and closing her eyes. She breathed long breaths of fresh air, brushing off her armor as she gazed at the night sky.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:22 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

There are 91 works with 0 reviews and 63 works with 1 review in the Green Room.

Just want to put that out there.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia